Sign in to follow this  
El Guapo

Memphis @ LA Clippers. 1-2-18

Gotta feel conflicted bout this one. A loss helps our team more than a win at this point. But a loss to the flippers is never preferable.

Pete and Brevin just said that the improvement in the offense has a lot to do with the team stopping the "get the ball to marc on every possesion" and them stopping from having Tyreke handle all the time.     

Basically like some of us have been saying all season - that they shouldn't be playing thru Gasol.      Those two moves have paid big time dividends for our offense.    It has also improved the pacing as well.   

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Pete and Brevin just said that the improvement in the offense has a lot to do with the team stopping the "get the ball to marc on every possesion" and them stopping from having Tyreke handle all the time.     

Basically like some of us have been saying all season - that they shouldn't be playing thru Gasol.      Those two moves have paid big time dividends for our offense.    It has also improved the pacing as well.   

It should have been that way from the beginning. Marc himself is much better when the offense is fluid. 

8 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

It should have been that way from the beginning. Marc himself is much better when the offense is fluid. 

Exactly.   If he isn't going to be an aggressive scorer then no reason for the ball to be forced to him.   I am glad he has accepted this change.   

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Exactly.   If he isn't going to be an aggressive scorer then no reason for the ball to be forced to him.   I am glad he has accepted this change.   

He’s played like a guard since JB took over and adjusted after the first two games.

marcs best games come from spot jumpers, dribble drives from the 3pt line against bigs. 

No more back to the basket over and over again. 

36 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Hmmm so it hasnt been my imagination. The equal opprtunity offense that was mocked on this board...with folks acting like Gasol had to touch everything...with more guys touching it...has created more offense....imagine that!

I think my other theory will eventually be supported too. That our role players or "scrubs" actually arent that bad. They are average NBA role players. Its having a subpar "star" that should be a role player hurts more.

That Jarell slam - at least there's ONE highlight.

23 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

The best center in the game looks not good today

Not even top 5 anymore.

Grizz are doing the right thing. Losing fits them. Don't spoil it by playing Conley. Embrace the losing.

This team has no fight, no nothing.

Selden was always a favorite ever since he got playing time though...he fights.. still...on this loser team.

Marc Gasol with a +14 best on the team and second best in the game

Just saying.....B)

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

I think my other theory will eventually be supported too. That our role players or "scrubs" actually arent that bad. They are average NBA role players. 

LOL just checking but weren't you saying, "Christ just blow this thing up" because of the talent level?

3 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

Didn't watch, Seldon had 13 points in 13 minutes. Was it mainly garbage time?

I told you all that he was a key piece to this team. He is a legit scorer. 

Best shooter on the team too.