Sign in to follow this  
oldmanGrizz

Robert Pera

16 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Right now Pera is negotiating the buyout of two major minority owners. 

Chip, can you confirm this? You seem to be plugged into the info stream a little better than all of us. I would definitely rather have Pera as controlling owner than Kaplan. I'm afraid Kaplan would reinstate Jason Levien as GM. We sure don't want a return to those days. 

Pera may be, and a new owner would almost certainly be, a business person whose main concern is not wins, or fan satisfaction, or anything except the rising value of the franchise. Which will go up a lot with an inattentive owner, and a lot plus one percent for a skilled and active owner. And it will go up by a LOT more than the difference between what we paid a player and what we should have paid him. 

So be careful what you ask for. For every Mark Cuban there is a Donald Sterling. 

38 minutes ago, UofMark said:

Chip, can you confirm this? You seem to be plugged into the info stream a little better than all of us. I would definitely rather have Pera as controlling owner than Kaplan. I'm afraid Kaplan would reinstate Jason Levien as GM. We sure don't want a return to those days. 

Here is the original source. I believe the CA and other outlets have since confirmed. 

5 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Average fan will be back as soon as we get a superstar or start winning again.

this. 

there is no way a 18-19 year old will turn the grizzlies into a winner over night .

4 hours ago, lions said:

some how the grizzlies will ----- this draft -up

They will win too much down the stretch and end up with the 8th pick in a 6-7 player draft. Our schedule is soft down the stretch and Reke is playing for a contract with J.B. coaching for a contract. Reke is too good to lose against the other cellar dwellers. CParsons will rehab and hate him for being injured or not, dude can ball when healthy. Our luck he finds his stroke and health leading to more wins.

Grizz shoulda dumped Reke for a 10 pack of hot wings and a root beer. Smh. Grizz shoulda signed J.B. so he doesn’t feel like he has to play the guys to win every night to prove himself for the next job. Winning will screw us.

Grizz management is hampered by this ownership situation. The Reke fiasco was embarrassing. Mismanagement all around with the root an unstable ownership. We fricked

This could be the beginning of a long spiral.

shoulda traded Marc while he had value...still can after the season. Still won’t.

in the most top heavy draft since 09, we will screw up our position by winning and end up with a bit player most likely.

Aging Gasol, aging and oft injured MC, maxed CP that can’t play b-ball without pain, combined with a mediocre rookie could spell disaster for many years. Our only hope is grab a franchise level player in the top 6. That gives hope and salary relief.