Sign in to follow this  
oldmanGrizz

Robert Pera

I wish we had an owner who seemed like he cared about the team. It's his team and he can do as he wishes, but it just appears that he could not care less. He may be in contact with the FO every day, but you sure wouldn't know it. I don't want him acting like the GM, but it would be nice if he would give some assurance that the team has some kind of plan moving forward to fix this mess. 

If he had a quality F.O. then I could care less about him, but he doesn't, so I have to agree with you.

I think he and Gasol are buddies, so he talks to someone around here. 

It's pretty obvious that he doesn't pay much attention, if just for the fact that he gave Chris Wallace an extension a year ago. Maybe after he buys out the other guy's shares he'll be more interested in keeping an eye on the team. 

If you get a new owner, you might just as easily get a meddler, or even a Donald Sterling.

Careful what you wish for.  

I said a long time ago i never saw robert pera at any grizzlies games with mike heisely he showed intest in the team 

7 hours ago, lions said:

I said a long time ago i never saw robert pera at any grizzlies games with mike heisely he showed intest in the team 

Not until the last couple of years owning the team, when he had passed off the day to day operations of Heico off to his kids. Pera is still the driving force behind Ubiquiti. I've no problem with man taking care of his cash cow over his play toy. Without the cow, he couldn't afford the toy.

He may not be at the games but look at all the upgrades to the FedExForum. Millions of dollars in behind the scenes stuff also as in lockers and training rooms. Plus a Grizz owned minor league team right down the street. You think that's city/county money? Heck no, that's all Robert Pera. He may be an absentee owner but he's funding this franchise incredibly well, much more than Michael Heisley did.

4 hours ago, WVgrizz said:

PLEASE SELL THIS TEAM

YES YES YES unfortunately this is a cash cow for him. He clearly doesn't care abt the on court team.

5 hours ago, WVgrizz said:

PLEASE SELL THIS TEAM

Be careful what you wish for. The next owners could easily find loopholes and move the team. 

1 hour ago, Teddy.B said:

YES YES YES unfortunately this is a cash cow for him. He clearly doesn't care abt the on court team.

This team is a cash cow? A team that is losing money every year? How is it a cash cow?

On 1/2/2018 at 2:08 PM, Grizzfan7979 said:

Is it Pera, or is it that new TV contract that's doing that?

The team isn’t profitable. Pera is spending money to make it a nicer place for players so he can attract free agents. He is in contact with the FO and players. He’s just very private. He isn’t the problem.

I think the team is well served with a quiet, behind the scenes owner as long as the FO is competent and doing there jobs. Right now Pera is negotiating the buyout of two major minority owners. Once that is past I expect him to address the disconnect between the fans and the FO which is a major problem right now. 

3 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The team isn’t profitable. Pera is spending money to make it a nicer place for players so he can attract free agents. He is in contact with the FO and players. He’s just very private. He isn’t the problem.

He has refused to clean house in the front office despite a desperate and palpable need for a change. He is the problem.

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Yes he is. How the heck is the front office a cluster and the owner does not bear any responsibility. You have been an intimate fan since day 1 and you can’t even tell me who is responsible for make roster decisions.

3 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Yes he is. How the heck is the front office a cluster and the owner does not bear any responsibility. You have been an intimate fan since day 1 and you can’t even tell me who is responsible for make roster decisions.

That is the problem with the GM. He runs by committee (despite his claim that he is making the decisions). Pets made a mistake extending him but at the time he was dealing with Ubiquity issues and the upcoming buyout. The company is running smoother now after the new products were released successfully and soon he’ll have the buyout complete. I’ll be patient until then. Afterwards I expect him to address the fan/FO disconnect. 

2 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

He must not care about the money, he let CW let MC rob the Grizz.

Don't forget Parsons and Gasol

Pera is most responsible for this mess. He is the owner, he is the final decision maker, he is the one who makes the FO hire. I assume he is a smart and successful businessman and he should realise that his FO is incompetent and that he needs better personnel. Either he just doesn't care or he doesn't have a clue, there is no other way to explain it. Bad decision after decision and Wallace is still here making all these lame excuses. 

12 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I think the team is well served with a quiet, behind the scenes owner as long as the FO is competent and doing there jobs. Right now Pera is negotiating the buyout of two major minority owners. Once that is past I expect him to address the disconnect between the fans and the FO which is a major problem right now. 

For the sake of the team and the fans, I could not hold out more hope than you are 100% correct. This organization and it's effect on the fans is becoming demoralizing and approaching a point where it could take a long time to bring back the average fan.

1 hour ago, oldmanGrizz said:

For the sake of the team and the fans, I could not hold out more hope than you are 100% correct. This organization and it's effect on the fans is becoming demoralizing and approaching a point where it could take a long time to bring back the average fan.

It’s all I can hope for.