Kevin B Moses

KBM's draft thoughts and opinions

Can anyone explain our second round pick situation?  NBAdraft.net says "Memphis will receive the two most favorable second rounders while Houston receives the least favorable (Memphis, Miami,  and Charlotte)".  When and how did that happen, and is it accurate?

I think if we have second round picks that they might best be used to select senior college players who have established themselves as very good consistent players who have shown that they know how to play or have a specific skill set (defense, shooting, rebounding) that will translate to the NBA.

This the site u want for draft pick info smit-tay; https://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Grizzlies.htm

Basically we got 3 picks; our own n one from the Hornets n Heat from the Courtney Lee trade. If things stay as they are standings-wise we keep our pick, the Rockets get the Heat pick for giving us Brooks n the Suns get the Hornets pick for...us giving them Daniels smdh what a terrible trade.

Anyways if we can get out of this draft with Porter n a 2nd round guy like Svialastov Michaliuk (sp big time lol) that'll be a best case scenario imo.‎

Yeah I dont see any way for him to bust. 6'11 230 with the frame to add more weight, skilled in the post,  some guard skills, can shoot,   good rebounder, good defender, plays hard, smart/good character. Best Big man prospect since Anthony Davis imo

Right now Bagley is my #1 and Young is my #2 . I havent seen Ayton play yet though. Only highlights

7 minutes ago, Allen said:

Yeah I dont see any way for him to bust. 6'11 230 with the frame to add more weight, skilled in the post,  some guard skills, can shoot,   good rebounder, good defender, plays hard, smart/good character. Best Big man prospect since Anthony Davis imo

Right now Bagley is my #1 and Young is my #2 . I havent seen Ayton play yet though. Only highlights

Bagley is an elite athlete with elite work ethic, heart, character, etc. I mean David Robinson saw him play multiple times and said Bagley's intangibles reminded him of Duncan.

Memphis has been waiting all it's existence for someone like him and basketball wise, there isn't a better fit for him than Memphis.

57 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Bagley with a chill 32 and 21 against FSU. Haven't seen any freshman front court player this dominant since Durant.

Please, Jahill Okafor had a 25/20 game. He also had 30/9, he had a 28/8/4 block game.

Rating a player based on his college scoring average is dumb. Young looks like DJ Augustin all day, and he is having a great college season, but so did Shabazz Napier and were is he at now?

Hakeem Olajuwon in college had 8pts, 6bds, 13/11 and 16/13 and went #1 overall.

I'll never see what y'all see in bagley because I don't ogle all over his scoring ability, but I look for actual moves besides the lay ins. Same for Trae Young. The grizzlies would be a fool to draft him.

Porter and Jaren Jackson are the class of this draft. 

18 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Please, Jahill Okafor had a 25/20 game. He also had 30/9, he had a 28/8/4 block game.

Rating a player based on his college scoring average is dumb. Young looks like DJ Augustin all day, and he is having a great college season, but so did Shabazz Napier and were is he at now?

I'll never see what y'all see in bagley because I don't all over his scoring ability, but I look for actual moves besides the lay ins. Same for Trae Young. The grizzlies would be a fool to draft him.

Bagley, more skilled than Jackson, more naturally talented and has a better work ethic. 

Amar'e level athlete with Westbrook level heart, that is what we are looking at.

41 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I'll never see what y'all see in bagley because I don't ogle all over his scoring ability, but I look for actual moves besides the lay ins. Same for Trae Young. The grizzlies would be a fool to draft him.

Lol Jahill Okafor can score in the league. Philly is just nuts.

22 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Bagley, more skilled than Jackson, more naturally talented and has a better work ethic. 

Amar'e level athlete with Westbrook level heart, that is what we are looking at.

lol, by skilled=scores more. And no, the guy isn't close to Amar'e, but it would take a dtoni-level offense to get him to be a player in this league. No accident that after Amar'e went to new yourk he was a shell of himself, even before the injuries.

17 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

lol, by skilled=scores more. And no, the guy isn't close to Amar'e, but it would take a dtoni-level offense to get him to be a player in this league. No accident that after Amar'e went to new yourk he was a shell of himself, even before the injuries.

lol, how does Bagley do the scoring then? If it's because he's bigger and stronger than everybody else than why isn't Jaren Jackson (same size, 10 lbs heavier) not doing the same things? Why is Jackson shooting 45% while Bagley is shooting 61% and averaging 10 points a game more? Bagley shoots the same percentage as Jackson from 3 point range and has a better assist/TO ratio. Why is Jackson more skilled, because of free throw percentage? 

The thing you are not understanding is that any of the holes that Bagley has in his game right now don't really matter because of his natural athletic talent (he is the fastest twitch athlete/2nd jump big I have ever seen) and his elite work ethic. Bagley is more naturally skilled/talented than 9.5 out of 10 guys and works harder than 10 out of 10 guys.

And I know that you are a Gasol fan so you are not used to seeing guys recognize their own greatness. Jackson had 0 points against Stony Brook and 4 against Houston Baptist, this would never happen to Bagley. Knowing that you are better than someone and then proceeding to dominate them because you know that they have no business bothering you is a unique and special talent. For example, our current franchise player would be tremendous if he had just a little Bagley/Westbrook/Kobe in him. 

Amare had one of his best seasons as a pro his first year with the Knicks

If Bagley isnt a skilled big man then no Big man is skilled

I have to admit Im not in love with Bagleys highlights that I have seen (skill wise) but I didnt love Ant Davis in college either. Good college teams tend to hide some things a player can do for the sake of playing in the system. His athletic ability will be tough to stop.

10 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

I’m stilll loving Mo Bamba. Unreal impact on the court.

Still haven’t gotten to watching Bagley, Doncic or Ayton.

I watched Bamba play live against Michigan and I was not too impressed. Definitively been much better in some other highlights that I have seen since though. 

28 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

lol, how does Bagley do the scoring then? If it's because he's bigger and stronger than everybody else than why isn't Jaren Jackson (same size, 10 lbs heavier) not doing the same things? Why is Jackson shooting 45% while Bagley is shooting 61% and averaging 10 points a game more? Bagley shoots the same percentage as Jackson from 3 point range and has a better assist/TO ratio. Why is Jackson more skilled, because of free throw percentage? 

The thing you are not understanding is that any of the holes that Bagley has in his game right now don't really matter because of his natural athletic talent (he is the fastest twitch athlete/2nd jump big I have ever seen) and his elite work ethic. Bagley is more naturally skilled/talented than 9.5 out of 10 guys and works harder than 10 out of 10 guys.

And I know that you are a Gasol fan so you are not used to seeing guys recognize their own greatness. Jackson had 0 points against Stony Brook and 4 against Houston Baptist, this would never happen to Bagley. Knowing that you are better than someone and then proceeding to dominate them because you know that they have no business bothering you is a unique and special talent. For example, our current franchise player would be tremendous if he had just a little Bagley/Westbrook/Kobe in him. 

If Jackson enters the draft he will be one of the youngest. Your prerequisite seems to be, as long as he can score. For me I want a guy with athletic ability who can defend. I don't like the idea of getting a player like Bagley who can't really get his own shot. If he were Porgingus then yeah, but I see more of a Micheal Beasly type.

If I were going for a pure scorer, I want Micheal Porter, who can be a great win scorer and has the potential to be Joe Johnson.

2 hours ago, Allen said:

Or Anthony Bennett ... 

4 hours ago, cdp said:

This the site u want for draft pick info smit-tay; https://www.prosportstransactions.com/basketball/DraftTrades/Future/Grizzlies.htm

Basically we got 3 picks; our own n one from the Hornets n Heat from the Courtney Lee trade. If things stay as they are standings-wise we keep our pick, the Rockets get the Heat pick for giving us Brooks n the Suns get the Hornets pick for...us giving them Daniels smdh what a terrible trade.

Anyways if we can get out of this draft with Porter n a 2nd round guy like Svialastov Michaliuk (sp big time lol) that'll be a best case scenario imo.‎

Thanks, cdp.  That helps clear things up a bit.

46 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

If Jackson enters the draft he will be one of the youngest. Your prerequisite seems to be, as long as he can score. For me I want a guy with athletic ability who can defend. I don't like the idea of getting a player like Bagley who can't really get his own shot. If he were Porgingus then yeah, but I see more of a Micheal Beasly type.

If I were going for a pure scorer, I want Micheal Porter, who can be a great win scorer and has the potential to be Joe Johnson.

None of the bigs: Bamba, Bagley, Ayton, Porter, etc are very good with the ball. I think this draft is good but severely overhyped. I think there are about 5-7 players i would be happy with and think they have a chance to be All Stars. Each will need a special situation to be better than that IMO.

9 hours ago, JWill4L said:

You have completely forgotten Doncic and it's really sad lol

20+10+8 against EL champions in his last game. Wish you could watch him play...

I did, today. This kid is special.

Kbm, I remember you saying you didn't want to tank because guys end up leaving at the first opportunity like Gordon Hayward. But then Utah in that same summer gets Mitchell who will probably be better than Hayward ever was.

Utah is exactly why you go and get young talent.

19 hours ago, Dwash said:

He might not have gone top 10 if Cleveland didnt pick him. 

But they did.

Thabeet might not have gone top 25  (well, OK, someone would have made The Mistake if we didn't)

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

I did, today. This kid is special.

Lebron type highlight