Kevin B Moses

KBM's draft thoughts and opinions

27 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

I will just dismiss you as an idiot if you are talking about the draft in terms of Fitting with Gasol and Conley.  If you can’t see the obvious...

Grizz & Grind,,,

Is spot on

1 hour ago, MemphisX said:

I will just dismiss you as an idiot if you are talking about the draft in terms of Fitting with Gasol and Conley.  If you can’t see the obvious...

I said, if you had reading comprehension skills, that if you were going to draft Doncic or Ayton that you might as well trade Marc and Mike and that Jeran Jackson is the player that both fits with Marc and Mike and has best in the draft potential.

Also, as long as Mike and Marc are here, we need to consider them. Only an idiot would just ignore that they are on the team. And don't say, we trade them, because that is hypothetical at this point, it might be what you want. It isn't what the grizzlies have even considered.

But you probably like Bagley, lol. The guy that has bust written all over him.

14 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I hope the team continues to improve and gets healthy. I trust the franchise's players far more than the front office's ability to get elite talent in the draft. 

Man thats what scares the crap out of me with the tank and draft objective.  I have 0 faith in this front office to draft.

1 hour ago, Gradey said:

Man thats what scares the crap out of me with the tank and draft objective.  I have 0 faith in this front office to draft.

Don’t have faith in the 76ers old front office either but it’s hard to miss with top 3 picks (as long as you don’t take Thabeet when literally no one else would’ve done it.)

11 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I said, if you had reading comprehension skills, that if you were going to draft Doncic or Ayton that you might as well trade Marc and Mike and that Jeran Jackson is the player that both fits with Marc and Mike and has best in the draft potential.

Also, as long as Mike and Marc are here, we need to consider them. Only an idiot would just ignore that they are on the team. And don't say, we trade them, because that is hypothetical at this point, it might be what you want. It isn't what the grizzlies have even considered.

Yeah the 6'11" PF with the highest notor and drive to be great in the class is going to bust.  Right.  The hardest workers always bust huh?  Man those 24 and 12 guys always suck in the NBA huh?  Just like Blake Griffin did right?  It's always the most athletic guys in the class that bust too huh?  You're insane for thinking Bagley even has the chance to bust.  He works too hard and has too much intensity not to.  He's in the mold of a Russell Westbrook when it comes to attitude.  Those are winning players.  At he floor he can be a 15 and 9 guy, with him always having the highest ceiling in the class at Anthony Davis level 28 and 12.

15 hours ago, bhoyal said:

I'm surprised Metu had dropped to the 20th pick on one of the mock drafts.  He's only 20 years old still.

Even though USC lost a couple of games unexpectedly, he is averaging 18 & 8.   He's hitting over 50% from 3. (no, he doesn't launch a poop-ton of them)

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Chimezie-Metu-72494/

The guy thinks he is Hakeem Olajuwon. He really doesn't have that type of athletic ability though that Hakeem had.

Metu seems to be ambidextrous and that should make him better than #20.  His ability to switch hands is superb.  If he goes in the 15 to 20 range, somebody is getting a bargain.  Body style more similar to George Gervin than Hakeem the Dream.

Probably comparable physically to Clint Capela who is averaging 14ppg/12rpg/2bl.pg - a "PER" of over 27+ right now

Players in nba history who had a 27 PER in a season...

Kobe Bryant

Karl Malone

David Robinson

Abdul Jabbar

Wilt

Bird 

M J

Dr. J

Big O

Wade

Nowitzki

Durant

Barkley

Westbrook

Kawhi Leonard

LeBron

Anthony Davis

> Hakeem <

Harden

Shaq

Duncan

Chris Paul

Magic Johnson

21 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

Trade Reke for who? Can’t be a straight up trade with another player since his contract is only $3.3M and expect to get a decent player. So we have to ask a team to take another contract from us.

I doubt we are getting a first round draft pick for Reke.

To me, Tyreke's contract is perfect for the type of guy we can expect and should want to get back, young players on rookie contracts. If you are looking to get a sure fire future all star, you will be disappointed. But we should be able to get back a young rotation quality player. The key is to find a team that is looking for that extra little something to get them into the playoffs or upgrade their chances of winning in the playoffs. Would Toronto consider Anunoby or Poeltl? Would the Knicks consider Hernangomez? Would Philly consider Holmes? Would the Wizards consider Oubre? Would the Pistons consider Kennard? Would the Heat consider Richardson? Would the Blazers consider Connaughton? Would the Clippers send Thornwell or Harrell? Those are the types of deals I would be looking for. 

2 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

To me, Tyreke's contract is perfect for the type of guy we can expect and should want to get back, young players on rookie contracts. If you are looking to get a sure fire future all star, you will be disappointed. But we should be able to get back a young rotation quality player. The key is to find a team that is looking for that extra little something to get them into the playoffs or upgrade their chances of winning in the playoffs. Would Toronto consider Anunoby or Poeltl? Would the Knicks consider Hernangomez? Would Philly consider Holmes? Would the Wizards consider Oubre? Would the Pistons consider Kennard? Would the Heat consider Richardson? Would the Blazers consider Connaughton? Would the Clippers send Thornwell or Harrell? Those are the types of deals I would be looking for. 

Yep.

These playoff teams or even fringe playoff teams can add a big scorer with handles at the trade deadline...Tyreke is one of the top 25 players in the game right now. If you can add him to your roster for Anunoby or Oubre (and hopefully a draft pick) and make a run NOW (in a world that is very much win-now), then you do it.

Wizards with Wall, Beal and Tyreke would be dangerous.

I'd give the Wizards Wright/Tyreke for Oubre and whatever salary dump they needed (Jason Smith on expiring) and a pick somewhere. I'd look to move all the one year expiring guys to playoff contenders for some value, instead of simply letting them walk for nothing (Zach/Tony).

I'm sure someone could use Ennis or whoever else.

My top 5 so far. Haven't watched a game of college and probably won't until the tourney, but who needs real knowledge when you have hype and highlights? :D

1.Bagley
2.Porter
3.Trae
4.Doncic
5.Ayton

5 hours ago, bobblybook1 said:

We have suffered too long at the wing positions and at pf. I would take Porter, Bagley or Doncic.

we have suffered at the wing from day one

On 12/26/2017 at 5:47 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

I like a few players. Coming in to this season i wanted Bamba. Still evaluating players but don’t see Bagley “busting” in the Thabeet way. 

Right now:

1. Trae

2. Bamba

3. Sexton

I also recognize that Anton, Bagley, Porter and Doncic are good options.

Regardless, the Grizz will get a lottery pick (1-13) unless a miracle happens.

Their second round is the 3rd selection in that round, so not a bad place to be.

Grizz can make a few small deals for youth/picks and still have a chance for a solid offseason, all things considered.

It is not easy to make a trade involving Tyreke. Or Gasol.

We can all accept it would have to be a playoff team for a team to want to trade for either of these guys.

I think another thing we have to accept is that the Grizzlies would want either a draft pick or high potential young player in return,  and NO more salary that goes into this off-season (unless it is a high potential player).  That's a very, very small group, if any that can offer that.

If the salaries don't align, you have to involve a 3rd team, and like any middle man they will want something for the effort.  

For example, Raptors are a reasonable team to look at: Tyreke for Caboclo matches salaries.  He's an expiring contract.  But the draft pick will probably be #25-28.  It's not a bad deal (Tyreke for Caboclo + Raptor 1st pick).  The problem is, that pick probably doesn't change anything for the Grizzlies franchise given their draft history. The negative is it probably hurts the fan base more.

From everything I've heard and read, the Cavs aren't giving up that Brooklyn pick unless LeBron commits to long term.  I think it is safe to assume, that isn't happening before the trade deadline.

Right now, I believe the only lottery pick the Grizzlies are using in next year's draft is their own.

I could see years from now people asking why the hell did anybody pass on Micheal Porter Jr. Trae Young looks like DJ Augustin to me. It would be stupid to draft a pg anyway. My top two would be:

1. Jaren Jackson jr. 

2. Micheal Porter jr