Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

What do you think Tyreke's value is?

Assuming Tyreke stays healthy through the trade deadline, what do you think his trade value is?

Likewise, if he stays healthy all season, what do you think his value will be in the free agent market this year?

I would imagine, that for the Grizzlies to trade him, they would have to get at least get some draft pick(s) back from some team with strong playoff aspirations.  I can't imagine a team giving up a young prospect, nor do I see any non-playoff team having any reason to trade for him.  While I wouldn't mind some future draft picks, because salaries have to match up with most of the playoff teams, I don't want to see any non-expiring contracts coming back.  I just don't see a ton of good trading partners and options out there.  And I'm OK with that.

For the off-season, if he stays healthy, is he a  3 yr/$34 million guy?  That's somewhat similar to Gordon.  Is he wanted back by the Kings or the Pelicans? If not, why? Grab as big of contract as possible, or grab an opportunity to play for someone like the Spurs?  If he signed a 3/$39 million contract, I wouldn't be surprised.  If he had to do another 1-2 year deal near $3-$6 million a year, I wouldn't be surprised either. I don't expect him to return next season, but I'm not going to be shocked if he's on the team again because I really am unsure what his value will be on the free agent market, assuming he's healthy.  

So what do you think his value would be to other teams, either by trade deadline or this offseason?

If Reke keeps up this level of play, I think he can get a 10M+ per season for 3-4 years contract. But he has to land on the right team in order to produce at a high level. So I can imagine a team (playoff team) interested in him long term would want to get him now to see if he can fit in before they commit this kind of money to him.

One team rumored to have interest in him is Boston, and I am thinking what it would take to get back our pick. Would Reke and some young guys like Davis, Martin or even Brooks be enough? One crazier thought I have is to trade Marc, Reke and some of these young guys to Boston for the pick back + Hayward. The guy is out for this season, perfect for our tanking. Also Brown and Tatum have probably exceeded expectations and have really developed nicely, and that could make Hayward expendable. Also Horford can move back to the 4 with Marc at the 5. We keep hearing Boston as one trading partner but if not for Hayward and the pick, what else can they give? They probably are not going to trade away Brown, Tatum, Smart and Rozier. They need those guys to compete now. 

Could Reke be of value to 76ers who are desperate to get to the playoffs?

Sending Reke to the 76ers shows up as +10wins for them, could we maybe get Booker from them?

Reke reaks of a guy who falls off as soon as he gets a contract.  I like the guy, always loved his game in Sac, but he tends to be that guy who excels on bad teams. Could be wrong, he has a lot of game that's forsure.  Could have used him the past years.

Reke is a great scorer on a bad team. Competing teams will not be as excited about him on the roster because he’s a ball dominant player who isn’t as effective in today’s motion style offenses. I believe Memphis fans over-value his contributions. 

9 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Reke is a great scorer on a bad team. Competing teams will not be as excited about him on the roster because he’s a ball dominant player who isn’t as effective in today’s motion style offenses. I believe Memphis fans over-value his contributions. 

I see your viewpoint but I think he is a 12-14 ppg guy off the bench for a good team unless his jumpshot dissappears.

41 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I see your viewpoint but I think he is a 12-14 ppg guy off the bench for a good team unless his jumpshot dissappears.

Like I said, Memphis fans over-value his contributions. 

11 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Like I said, Memphis fans over-value his contributions. 

I was a huge Tyreke hater for years so not me.

51 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I was a huge Tyreke hater for years so not me.

If you believe a winning team will want Reke to be on their roster and expect him to score 12-14 ppg then you are over-valuing him in my humble opinion. 

Evans is ball dominant. If he isn't the lead dog then he disappears. That's why he puts up big numbers on losing teams. That's also why he was available for so little money this past summer. Teams question his commitment to team goals and I doubt he will be offered a lot of money to muck up the offense for a team this summer unless the team is desperate for someone to provide scoring like Memphis was last summer.

He can score. He can pick up assists by drawing defenses to him as he repeatedly tries to score one on everyone until he finally gives up and passes to a teammate who is wide open. He isn't a team player however and in today's motion offenses his style of play isn't desired. 

i think he'd be great for phi , reke for bayless . add some fillers/picks or whatever . phi gets a decent guard and an exp contract to load up next year .

27 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

If you believe a winning team will want Reke to be on their roster and expect him to score 12-14 ppg then you are over-valuing him in my humble opinion. 

Evans is ball dominant. If he isn't the lead dog then he disappears. That's why he puts up big numbers on losing teams. That's also why he was available for so little money this past summer. Teams question his commitment to team goals and I doubt he will be offered a lot of money to muck up the offense for a team this summer unless the team is desperate for someone to provide scoring like Memphis was last summer.

He can score. He can pick up assists by drawing defenses to him as he repeatedly tries to score one on everyone until he finally gives up and passes to a teammate who is wide open. He isn't a team player however and in today's motion offenses his style of play isn't desired. 

I really agree with you as a starter playing 34 mins. As a bench player he was carrying that unit and they were good. If his jumpshot remains steady I really believe he can become a microwave bench scorer.

Jamal Crawford had a siimilar wrap for 8 years until Atlanta realized that despite his talent he is just a 25 min a night hitman. Now look at him.

Also there are reports that he turned down more money from tesms like GSW (Nick Youngs money) and the Bucks. I also think his jumper enhances his value as a microwave scorer and not just a non passing pg who cant shoot.

11 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I really agree with you as a starter playing 34 mins. As a bench player he was carrying that unit and they were good. If his jumpshot remains steady I really believe he can become a microwave bench scorer.

Jamal Crawford had a siimilar wrap for 8 years until Atlanta realized that despite his talent he is just a 25 min a night hitman. Now look at him.

I agree.  Tyreke would be a great player to lead your bench scoring in the right situation for that price considering the crazy money being thrown around in today's nba.

I like having him on the grizz for the same reason, but he's being forced to start due to mike's injury.

Imo, the biggest knock on tyreke is just staying healthy.   I can see chip's point about ball dominant, because he certainly is that, but in the right situation, i think teams will take the risk. 

49 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

What would you say he signs for over the offseason?  I would think ~ 3 years 30 mill ballpark.  Do you think there is any chance he is on the team next year? 

I think Evans could be effective in a motion style offense also- his 3 point shooting ability will be desirable if he manages to continue to shoot around the 40% rate.  I think as much as anything he HAS been on bad teams and his play is a reflection of what he needs to do.  I think with the right players and right system that he could thrive...barring injuries of course (still a legit concern).

I have no idea what Tyreke will sign for. Apparently he has been altruistic this past summer and turned down more money from Golden State to play in Memphis for less according to Dwash. Perhaps you should ask him since he seems to understand Tyreke's value far better than I do. 

Heheh ok. Honestly, I'd be good if he resigned in MEM.  Its nice having a guy who can attack the rim and spread the floor at the same time....have to get the price right though with so much cash already tied up.

I think someone will pay him because someone always overpays for a scorer. His shooting has come around to where he is actually a good shooter. I agree with Chip though. He is ball dominant. He hurts the team more than he helps.

I hope we can trade him for a mid to late first round pick or a young player who is still on a rookie deal.

Of ocurse one of my other thoughts has been try combining all of our expiring contracts (Evans, Ennis, and Wright) and see if the Lakers will ship Jordan Clarkson for that group. I have read multiple reports that the Lakers may move Clarkson to clear cap space for this summer.

1 hour ago, IdrinkGuinness said:

i think he'd be great for phi , reke for bayless . add some fillers/picks or whatever . phi gets a decent guard and an exp contract to load up next year .

I don't think anyone in the Memphis organization wants Jerryd Bayless because his contract goes through 2019, and he's not a bargain (not Parsons type of bad though).

This is the problem. The Grizzlies probably want to send out more players than take back, and I'm guessing they don't want a non-rookie contract player back who is on the books for another year or two.

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

He isn't a team player however and in today's motion offenses his style of play isn't desired. 

And that's why even his fans here have not said, "We should keep him, because if we trade Reke for a pick, how high would the pick have to be so we could be sure the new guy will be better than Reke already is?"

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Teams question his commitment to team goals

How do you know this?? do you have a hotline to all the GM's?   

1 hour ago, Gradey said:

I think Evans could be effective in a motion style offense also- his 3 point shooting ability will be desirable if he manages to continue to shoot around the 40% rate.  I think as much as anything he HAS been on bad teams and his play is a reflection of what he needs to do.  I think with the right players and right system that he could thrive...barring injuries of course (still a legit concern).

I agree with you here.   It's the same folks that downplayed Boogies ability because he was on "losing" teams for so long too.    These same people forget about Zbo rep and all the losing teams he was part of before he came to a Coach that knew how to use him.     Its one thing if a guy is scoring inefficiently while taking the most shots and dominating the ball.   But none of those guys were inefficient scorers so the losing records were not entirely on them. 

Evans problem has been health and fit, period.    Like Dwash stated his style of play is perfect for 6th man.   Guys like Lou Williams and JCrawford had same rep but thrived once teams used them correctly.     Heck Al Jefferson, and Zbo are the big man versions of that.    I also recall hearing Reke in an interview mention that other teams wanted him but he wanted to come here.   I think Reke is one of the guys that is ticked off about Fiz firing. 

Personally I believe if Conley was healthy then all this nonsense about Reke only producing for losing teams would cease.  He was producing when we were winning too.   The addition of a legit outside shot has changed his entire trajectory.   Wing players with his talent and skillset are rare.   A talent starved team that doesn't do well in Free Agency should do everything to keep its "Lightning in the bottle" signings:  IE James Johnson, Tyreke  Evans. 

I am in the camp of keeping him but due to the jumbled mess our FO left us in i don't see the point.  If we keep Gasol then Tyreke needs to go just so we can obtain an asset for once. 

1 hour ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Of ocurse one of my other thoughts has been try combining all of our expiring contracts (Evans, Ennis, and Wright) and see if the Lakers will ship Jordan Clarkson for that group. I have read multiple reports that the Lakers may move Clarkson to clear cap space for this summer.

I like this idea too. 

Whoa...I actually like that too, and I think there is actual sound reasoning behind it (for down the road, not for the Lakers now).

Lakers free up cap space, and if Lonzo is the PG of the Laker's future, they may be willing to shop the more expensive, but reasonably priced Clarkson. 

Generally, I'm opposed to bringing back contracts because next summer is going to be worse than this one with free agents, but Clarkson on that deal is better than what they have (Chalmers and Harrison), and what they would get.

I'd imagine Wallace would jump at a 2nd round pick for Reke. It's better salary flexibility. You don't have to sign 2nd rounders and gives you something to sweeten a potential trade. It's all about the payroll now.