Sign in to follow this  
memgrizzlies321

Memphis @ Phoenix 12/21/17

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I don't think that many wins.   Conley became the most important player last couple of years.  If he was out Zbo+Marc would still be struggling mightily.  

They had a nice 7-2 stretch early last year with Mike out, even beating GSW.

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I don't think that many wins.   Conley became the most important player last couple of years.  If he was out Zbo+Marc would still be struggling mightily.  

We have won many games with scrubs like Harrison, Beno, even Calathes before that running the shop. It's about the chemistry and game savvy, knowing how to pull it out of the fire when it's on the line. Marc would be a lot better than he's been this season...

Poetic justice that Troy Daniels hits the shot that in effect wins the game for PHX? I would take Daniels over McLemore, Chalmers, Harrison, Martin, and Ennis at this point, well, Parsons too. And TD is a 1-dimensional 3 point shooter, but at least he has a skill that can help you win. 

Just now, BigHunkALove said:

We have won many games with scrubs like Harrison, Beno, even Calathes before that running the shop. It's about the chemistry and game savvy, knowing how to pull it out of the fire when it's on the line. Marc would be a lot better than he's been this season...

No need to school fans who were so ready to move on from the savvy vets. The moves were stupid and it was compounded by the fact that we got a bunch of scrubs. 

4 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Poetic justice that Troy Daniels hits the shot that in effect wins the game for PHX? I would take Daniels over McLemore, Chalmers, Harrison, Martin, and Ennis at this point, well, Parsons too. And TD is a 1-dimensional 3 point shooter, but at least he has a skill that can help you win. 

We spent nearly $6mil on a guy who the coach wont put into the game for more than 6 mins, and when he's in the game for more than six minutes, not a single play is designed around him.

McLemore was just starting to make shots in the last 4-5 games and he can't get game time over the trash we are sending out there?

Bickerstaff is got less of an idea than Fizdale honestly, get rid of him too at the end of this season

2 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Beno was a Vet and Calathes was a great defender and really good passer.   Those two are better than current Rio and Harrison. 

I agree with you on the chemistry thing.  My point is they still would've been surrounded by garbage and with no Mike our backup PG situation still really hurts two bigs.    Marc is declining and Zbo presence doesn't halt that.   Besides its Marc defense that is the bigger problem with him anyway.   Pairing him with Zbo would be a disaster on that end. 

I am not saying our record wouldn't be better.  I am saying that we would still be a bottom of the league squad.   Kings have much better talent than we do and still a bottom feeder.    Yall talking up zbo like bringing him back is equivalent to Lebron. 

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Beno was a Vet and Calathes was a great defender and really good passer.   Those two are better than current Rio and Harrison. 

I agree with you on the chemistry thing.  My point is they still would've been surrounded by garbage and with no Mike our backup PG situation still really hurts two bigs.    Marc is declining and Zbo presence doesn't halt that.   Besides its Marc defense that is the bigger problem with him anyway.   Pairing him with Zbo would be a disaster on that end. 

I am not saying our record wouldn't be better.  I am saying that we would still be a bottom of the league squad.   Kings have much better talent than we do and still a bottom feeder.    Yall talking up zbo like bringing him back is equivalent to Lebron. 

Honestly I am at the point where I'm saying send Marc to the Kings. I'll bet he'd love to go there.

This is ****ing sad.....

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Our defense is a disaster now. It wouldn’t have been worse with ZBo and heck Marc might have even played harder with ZBo around. Jam is a scrub; we basically have scrubs at PF, scrubs at backup C, scrubs at backup PG. We invested in the wrong players. If an organization wants to develop youth, it’s important to surround them with veteran leadership.

Kings do not have much better talent than us IMO. Regardless ZBo’s at 15+ pts and 7 rebs at only 26 mins a game. His leadership alone would have been a huge boost to this team.

1 minute ago, The Stro Show said:

We all knew Ben mac was but JaM regressing is a bummer

I am surprised too. But maybe this is who he really is. Now that he’s the primary PF, we see what he can really do. And that’s not much.

5 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

We all knew Ben mac was but JaM regressing is a bummer

3 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

I am surprised too. But maybe this is who he really is. Now that he’s the primary PF, we see what he can really do. And that’s not much.

I dont think JAM is THAT bad.....what he needs is a guy to help him get open shots.

A guy to set him up for the corner three, to get him the ball in a scoring position after having drawn attention. Conley would help JAM more than anyone.

Try this scenario on for size:

Fizdale lied to Mike and Marc about Zbo being a part of the team, maybe even Wallace too.

Mike and Marc find out in July the day or two before Zbo signs with the Kings.

Marc, already angry that Parsons is a cripple that has handcuffed this club, spits the dummy, so the Wallace panics and instead of withdrawing the offer for Green, ups the offer and leaves it on the table even though there are no other takers.

Further panic sets in when Green hesitates so they decide to keep Martin as well as saving face for wasting a first rnd pick on a guy that has hardly played BB enough in his life to be sure he is any good

Fizdale wants the only decent shooter this ball club has ever had other than Mike off the team, the FO panics and signs McLemore to fill the hole but we are down an extra SG.

Fizdale promises the world, Marc is ****ed he has been lied to about Zach, the wheels fall off, the FO panics, fires Fizdale.

Sounds about right to me.....

14 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Honestly I am at the point where I'm saying send Marc to the Kings. I'll bet he'd love to go there.

This is ****ing sad.....

Marc to the Kings for their 2018 1st round pick + George Hill?

3 minutes ago, trayhezy said:

I dont think JAM is THAT bad.....what he needs is a guy to help him get open shots.

A guy to set him up for the corner three, to get him the ball in a scoring position after having drawn attention. Conley would help JAM more than anyone.

He has no guts and no heart.

35 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

You honestly think we gonna make a "can't miss" pick not only once but twice in a row when we haven't made a decent pick in 12 years, one of them being the no.2 pick?

Yeah right......

All of the top 4 picks this year are can't miss future all-stars if you've done your research.  Each one would've gone #1 in last year's draft according to numerous scouts.

1 minute ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

All of the top 4 picks this year are can't miss future all-stars if you've done your research.  Each one would've gone #1 in last year's draft according to numerous scouts.

Ok whatever you say

3 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

He has no guts and no heart.

I think you are being too harsh.

He has guts and heart, what he lacks is talent and basketball IQ.

Not to mention that he would foul a cactus.

1 minute ago, trayhezy said:

I think you are being too harsh.

He has guts and heart, what he lacks is talent and basketball IQ.

Not to mention that he would foul a cactus.

Tony Allen lacks talent, and he ain't the sharpest tool in the shed, no way you could say Green throws himself around like Tony, on the floor, at the board's Tec. THAT is heart

P.S. I am good with Tony no longer here. I am not good with Zach no longer here because he has a set of skills almost no other opposing player has in today's game. For this and the sake of veteran leadership and team harmony, I do not see myself as too harsh

Troy Daniels:

"We work each and every day for moments like this and I just happened to hit the shot," Daniels said. "It feels great, I'll tell you that. I rather for it to be on them (the Grizzlies) then anyone else."

No hard feelings huh?

23 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Troy Daniels:

"We work each and every day for moments like this and I just happened to hit the shot," Daniels said. "It feels great, I'll tell you that. I rather for it to be on them (the Grizzlies) then anyone else."

No hard feelings huh?

Lol, love and miss Daniels.  He seriously could light it up and was our offense at times.  Defensively not the best but we had good team defense and he served a purpose.

1 hour ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

It's  insane and sad that I agree with you. Really puts our roster into perspective. Our guys aren't good at anything. I would probably take Chalmers and Ennis over Troy, but not by much. 

I am happy that we lost this one. We need more losses to force some changes (trades, firing), and more importantly to get a high draft pick! I think our guys are better than they are playing now, IMO the reason it's been so bad is because of chemistry and coaching. Now that Fiz is gone, Marc is the only problem, I think with him gone the guys will perform better. They may still lose, but the game would be more fun and watchable. Coaching is another issue, we need a real HC instead of a lame duck coach if we are serious about this season. But it's good if we are not cos I am all in for the tank! Marc should be traded, it's good for both the team and for him.

3 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Troy Daniels:

No hard feelings huh?

Hammer. Nail. Coffin. This season's over.

1 hour ago, Grizball said:

I am happy that we lost this one. We need more losses to force some changes (trades, firing), and more importantly to get a high draft pick! I think our guys are better than they are playing now, IMO the reason it's been so bad is because of chemistry and coaching. Now that Fiz is gone, Marc is the only problem, I think with him gone the guys will perform better. They may still lose, but the game would be more fun and watchable. Coaching is another issue, we need a real HC instead of a lame duck coach if we are serious about this season. But it's good if we are not cos I am all in for the tank! Marc should be traded, it's good for both the team and for him.

Disagree about Marc

I don't see much talent on the team. More than half the roster are a bunch of scrubs.