Sign in to follow this  
GF#1

To the Marc Gasol hugging crowd out there...

6 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

C6bHBn1U0AEcY2D.jpg:large

This is from Peter Edmiston.  Again Marc obviously AGREED with the idea to make zbo 6th man and ultimately to move on from zbo and Tony.      Nobody is saying that Marc is a bad guy (other than Memfiz) but to keep pretending like Marc should not be held accountable for some of this seasons fiasco is ridiculous.     

Of course Marc would deny it in public initially but his recent interview basically confirmed Fiz's statement.    Fiz probably shouldn't have put Mike and Marc on blast which may have been part of the issue that Marc had with him.   But that doesn't mean Fiz lied.  

Our team sucks and he has not consistently help change that.   As the highest paid player suiting up and cornerstone of the team RESPONSIBILITY FOR THAT FALLS ON HIM.     

Honestly I can not see where in the quotes you can draw your conclusion. Marc is clearly saying he has no say and no input in lineup decisions. There's no way anything in these quotes is saying that he agreed with Zbo being 6th man or not resigned. He saying he has no say, and its not his place to say. He's an employee  (BB player). Employees have to follow the instructions and orders made, doesnt mean the like or agree with them. 

I've seen it hundreds of times in the real working world. The bosses say they are "consulting" staff, and then make their own decisions anyway and then come back and say, "But we consulted the staff..." Their minds are made up, if you agree they will say they got agreement, if you don't they will say it anyway, and say, "we took the decision after consulting the staff..."

Cmon GTF you should know better.  

Meanwhile in other news . ...

Zach Randolph (as a starter) leads his new team to another victory over the fancied 76ers, scoring 27pts......

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

Meanwhile in other news . ...

Zach Randolph (as a starter) leads his new team to another victory over the fancied 76ers, scoring 27pts......

And Vince Carter finishes the game due to great defense, playmaking, and floor leadership. 

Thanks Wallace.

2 hours ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

Things that marc says constantly contradicts what he does.   He says "where he is from a coach is respected and what he says is the law" yet he couldn't get along with fizzdale who had a good relationship with everyone else on the team.

Marc says he didn't get the coach fired, but he did.

A week or so back, gasol was getting on his teammates for their lack of urgency in the 2nd half while he averaged 7 points in the 2nd half  3 games in a row right after saying that.

Marc says he talks to robert pera a lot, but he claims he doesn't understand why the core four was broken up.  So what do they talk about when they talk?

Most of ya'll are hating on marc gasol this year, but i've been down on him since the end of the 2014-15 season.   I'm just being more vocal this year, because i don't like gasol blaming the coach and his teammates for his own shortcomings as a player.  In the 14-15 season, gasol played his azz off to earn all star starting honors, and then he coasted the rest of the season while the grizz lost the division banner race.  We should have won the division that year, but marc was more interested in coasting.   Then marc got his big contract and came back out of shape in the 15-16 season and got hurt and missed like 30 games.  Plus, there have been some big playoff games  where marc gasol completely disappeared.

Zbo wasted his last couple good years here playing with marc gasol.   Gasol was content in letting an older zbo to carry the team all year long, but it left zbo worn out by the end of the year (playoffs).  If mike conley is smart, he will not make the same mistake. 

The low scoring games during every season will continue as long as marc gasol is here.

Marc gasol should not be team captain of the grizz anymore.

Also my personal favorite this year:

"Guys need to come out for the second half with more urgency."

*Goes on to score 0 points until 4 minutes left in the 4th the following game*

2 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Honestly I can not see where in the quotes you can draw your conclusion. Marc is clearly saying he has no say and no input in lineup decisions. There's no way anything in these quotes is saying that he agreed with Zbo being 6th man or not resigned. He saying he has no say, and its not his place to say. He's an employee  (BB player). Employees have to follow the instructions and orders made, doesnt mean the like or agree with them. 

I've seen it hundreds of times in the real working world. The bosses say they are "consulting" staff, and then make their own decisions anyway and then come back and say, "But we consulted the staff..." Their minds are made up, if you agree they will say they got agreement, if you don't they will say it anyway, and say, "we took the decision after consulting the staff..."

+1

1 hour ago, Memfizz said:

Also my personal favorite this year:

"Guys need to come out for the second half with more urgency."

*Goes on to score 0 points until 4 minutes left in the 4th the following game*

You're like a dog with lockjaw, you're just not gonna let go of that bone are you?

3 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Marc isnt going to spell it out in plain words.    Cmon now nobody does that. 

What is apparent from everything that has transpired is that Mike and Marc KNEW they werent bringing back zbo and tony and at the very least did not Protest it.  

Dude has Pera on speed dial and got the coach fired but yall wanna keep pretending that Marc has NO CULPABILITY in anything.   

He has nothing to do with these losses.

He has nothing to do with coach firing 

He has nothing to do with Core4 breakup

Nope according to yall Marc is just a victim in all of this and nobody should have any expectations of him.  However,They should run the offense thru him and play at a pace comfortable for him.   But understand if it doesnt work then it has Nothing to do with him.

Does that sum up all of our debates?

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

What is apparent from everything that has transpired is that Mike and Marc KNEW they werent bringing back zbo and tony and at the very least did not Protest it.  

Dude has Pera on speed dial and got the coach fired but yall wanna keep pretending that Marc has NO CULPABILITY in anything.   

Nope according to yall Marc is just a victim in all of this and nobody should have any expectations of him.  However,They should run the offense thru him and play at a pace comfortable for him.   But understand if it doesnt work then it has Nothing to do with him.

I wont dispute Marc knew that Zach was gonna be on the bench, and then much later, knew that he wasnt gonna be resigned. And that proves the reason why his relationship with Fizdale was frosty from the start and never thawed, which concurs with what I have been postulating for a while about why Marc is ticked off at Fizdale. It had nothing to do with Fizdale getting onto Marc about his own personal play, but everything to do with Fizdale's "vision" for the team....which did not include Zach Randolph.

And I would not be surprised that Fizdale did not reveal this to Marc or Mike until July at the earliest

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

You're like a dog with lockjaw, you're just not gonna let go of that bone are you?

Actually, that one point is the one I can't attack. 

If you tell your teammates they're not getting it done, you'd better be ready to go hero yourself. 

58 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Absolutely not.  The only thing that is apparent is that you like to jump to conclusions and put words in people's mouth (posts).  I haven't seen anyone on here say Gasol is a victim.  I haven't seen anyone say that the offense needs to run through Gasol or that we should not have expectations.  What I see is you drawing wild, twisted conclusions from other folks posts that are not even remotely representative of what their position is, apparently simply because we don't buy into your drivel lock,stock, and barrel.

3 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I choose to go with E as the most likely answer. Fizdale wanted to move on from Tony and Zach due to their age, declining performances, and desire to play a different style than the team had previously played. Gasol said he was ok with this, but he never got on board with playing the faster style. The front office was on board, because good front offices try to help their coach be successful playing the style he wants. Otherwise why hire him. 

So Marc is in a no-win situation.

If he criticizes the front office, he's a malcontent or cry baby.

If he doesn't criticize the front office, he's OK with not bringing back ZBo and Tony, or as others have suggested, it means Marc wants them gone.

12 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

C6bHBn1U0AEcY2D.jpg:large

This is from Peter Edmiston.  Again Marc obviously AGREED with the idea to make zbo 6th man and ultimately to move on from zbo and Tony.      Nobody is saying that Marc is a bad guy (other than Memfiz) but to keep pretending like Marc should not be held accountable for some of this seasons fiasco is ridiculous.     

Of course Marc would deny it in public initially but his recent interview basically confirmed Fiz's statement.    Fiz probably shouldn't have put Mike and Marc on blast which may have been part of the issue that Marc had with him.   But that doesn't mean Fiz lied.  

Our team sucks and he has not consistently help change that.   As the highest paid player suiting up and cornerstone of the team RESPONSIBILITY FOR THAT FALLS ON HIM.     

I can't imagine how low of score you got in school on reading comprehension.

Fizdale says he consulted, Gasol says he listened and didn't give inputs, and has no say in the lineup.  You summarize with: Gasol "obviously AGREED with the idea to make zbo 6th man and ultimately to move on from zbo and Tony."   You have some major anti-Gasol glasses on. 

So to sum up ...in your mind...

When Gasol doesn't disagree strongly enough with a  Fizdale's decision, you equate that to him agreeing with Fizdale's decision, and strongly endorsing it.

When Gasol disagrees with a Fizdale decision, you equate that to wanting him fired.

49 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I can't imagine how low of score you got in school on reading comprehension.

Fizdale says he consulted, Gasol says he listened and didn't give inputs, and has no say in the lineup.  You summarize with: Gasol "obviously AGREED with the idea to make zbo 6th man and ultimately to move on from zbo and Tony."   You have some major anti-Gasol glasses on. 

So to sum up ...in your mind...

When Gasol doesn't disagree strongly enough with a  Fizdale's decision, you equate that to him agreeing with Fizdale's decision, and strongly endorsing it.

When Gasol disagrees with a Fizdale decision, you equate that to wanting him fired.

Guess you just gonna ignore all the other evidence that has been posted too.

Bottom line CORE4 is gone and the two dudes that had the private dinner with Pera still here.  But yall wanna pretend like they had no foreknowledge of the decision and didnt agree.

.extremely naive people on here.

7 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Guess you just gonna ignore all the other evidence that has been posted too.

Bottom line CORE4 is gone and the two dudes that had the private dinner with Pera still here.  But yall wanna pretend like they had no foreknowledge of the decision and didnt agree.

.extremely naive people on here.

Speculations are not evidence.  Lord, I hope you never get selected for jury duty or else some poor slob is screwed.

The issue is at this point, we only have four NBA players: Conley (oft-injured), Tyreke (injury history, but playing great), Parsons (oft-injured, playing on minutes-restriction), and Marc (injury history, not playing great). All four have injury histories that prohibit longevity (heel injuries, foot injuries, and knee injuries). Everyone else on the roster are fringe NBA players or non-NBA players. The contract situation with Jam Green set him back to have a terrible camp, not to mention his unfortunate injury on opening night. McLemore foot injury robbed him of a good start to this season. Wayne's quad injury robbed him of a good season. Brandon Wright played great in spurts until his fragility caught up with him. 

We banked on a healthy Parson, Gasol, Mike, and Tyreke. Reke is the only player our our Core Four to be relatively healthy. Many pundits had Jam Green as a breakout player, a developing Stretch 4, but that ankle injury and contract situation killed his projected improvement. Wayne Selden was predicted as our starting SG and he's been plagued by the same injury that hit KL in San Antonio. It is my belief that the injuries and lack of NBA talent has doomed this franchise for the foreseeable future. 

Marc is our only real asset at this time. Unless we trade him at the deadline, we will continue to be stuck in the bottom. Marc is my favorite Grizzly by far, but we need to rebuild on the fly. This year is wasted, so let's play Rabb, Brooks, Davis, Ben, and Harrison extended minutes, to gauge their value. We have to make some moves. Gasol for a couple of good players and a first round pick does it for me. 

Just curious what all the Marc haters think of him currently?

In my opinion, it is pretty solid for him to keep coming out and performing at a high level during this down season. (I know some folks will say he is messing up the tank... come on.)

If Marc was not willing to keep playing our young guys (Martin, Rabb, Brooks) would be learning the NBA ropes from Rio Chalmers and B. Wright for the rest of the year though. 

50 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

Just curious what all the Marc haters think of him currently?

In my opinion, it is pretty solid for him to keep coming out and performing at a high level during this down season. (I know some folks will say he is messing up the tank... come on.)

If Marc was not willing to keep playing our young guys (Martin, Rabb, Brooks) would be learning the NBA ropes from Rio Chalmers and B. Wright for the rest of the year though. 

He seems to be more open to allowing others to develop in the last month and every play no longer has to be run through him. He has played a role to fit in instead of trying to the man.  He seems to have accepted where he is and where the team is with grace. I commend him for his play recently.

30 minutes ago, Dwash said:

He seems to be more open to allowing others to develop in the last month and every play no longer has to be run through him. He has played a role to fit in instead of trying to the man.  He seems to have accepted where he is and where the team is with grace. I commend him for his play recently.

I couldn’t agree more - It’s been great to see him you know it can’t be easy for him

4 hours ago, Dwash said:

I cosign this.     The  first quarter of the season Marc was toxic and needed to be traded.   The guy we have been seeing recently gives me hope that we can have a bounce back year when the Leader is back.   

I agree with you SC Grizz that he is a much better teacher of the game than our other current options.  Hopefully Marc grows from this experience and becomes a better leader and teammate because of it. 

11 hours ago, Dwash said:

Isn't  this because that's the way he has wanted to play all along instead of being forced by Fizdale to be a do-it-all, especially when Conley went out? That seemed to be the expectation of many of the members here from their comments at that time and before and after..   

8 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I cosign this.     The  first quarter of the season Marc was toxic and needed to be traded.   The guy we have been seeing recently gives me hope that we can have a bounce back year when the Leader is back.   

I agree with you SC Grizz that he is a much better teacher of the game than our other current options.  Hopefully Marc grows from this experience and becomes a better leader and teammate because of it. 

Y’all fall for this every season. Every month he changes moods.