Kevin B Moses

Fire Sale (suck for duck, trust the process, salary dump, dumpster fire, 3yr plan)

On 17/12/2017 at 10:57 PM, smit-tay griz said:

Which player do you plan to cut/waive and absorb the salary hit, since we would be over the roster limit with that trade?

On 18/12/2017 at 12:28 AM, MemphisX said:

We have a plethora of players that can be cut.

ūüĖí

6 hours ago, Thomas said:

That Brooklyn pick is my #1 Gasol trade target, but I also love the idea of getting Jabari Parker. He would never be attainable for Marc if it weren't for his injury history so while it would be risky it would also give us a building block who has all-star ability if he can stay healthy long term.

There are plenty of workable deals but something like Parker/Brogdon/Henson for Gasol/Davis/Chalmers would be ideal.

If we could do this would be great also, maybe we can make both...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb3hjadu

+ BKN pick 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ydgu9u23

Parker or pick , I prefer a pick.

Use the rest of the year as tryouts for next year.

*buyout Parsons or get a way he doesn't hit the cap with all his salary.

Tyreke/Dellavedova/Chalmers 

Mclemore/JrSmith/Selden

Ennis/Brooks/Shumpert 

Jam/Teletovic/Rabb

Wright/Frye/Martin

If we can end next years draft with Doncic and Deandre Ayton we will be great, that why would be great to have 3 picks to move two of them up and draft the right guy.

There is no problem with getting guys with 2 or 3 years on their contracts if we get top picks back, we will have this young core locked for the same amount of time.

Tyreke/Dellavedova/Simmons

Mclemore/Selden/JRSmith

Doncic/Brooks/Shumpert 

Jam/Teletovic/Rabb

Ayton/Monroe/Martin

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

If we dont throw in Reke with Gasol, I would like to see him moved for a diamond in the rough. Afflalo for Will barton, Afflalo.for Evan Fournier, Brandon Jennings for Kris Middleton, JJ Redick for Tobias Harris are some notable trades that have happened like that. Losing time means playing time for undiscovered talentss. Its a very important and overlooked aspect of tanking, not just the pick.

If we trade Gasol i don't mind keeping Tyreke.  But if these morons are actually serious about keeping Gasol and Conley then unfortunately Tyreke has to go.   

I like the idea of trading with the Bucks.  Unfortunately, i don't see how Gasol fits with ALL those uber-athletic dudes.   TOR or ORL may be more realistic options.  

I am sure all these other FO's are starting to notice that Gasol is the real hold up to the quicker pace.  Which i am sure is also killing his trade value.  Most of the NBA is trying to get away from snail's pace basketball, which is why DeAndre is the more coveted target. 

I wouldn't be surprised if that BS logic that kept FO from trading zbo and TA all these years is what they are using now.   "Marc won't return much of anything - that will out weigh his value to the franchise, so we may as well keep him!".   They said that BS for years and let TA and ZBo walk away for nothing. 

7 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If we trade Gasol i don't mind keeping Tyreke.  But if these morons are actually serious about keeping Gasol and Conley then unfortunately Tyreke has to go.   

I like the idea of trading with the Bucks.  Unfortunately, i don't see how Gasol fits with ALL those uber-athletic dudes.   TOR or ORL may be more realistic options.  

I am sure all these other FO's are starting to notice that Gasol is the real hold up to the quicker pace.  Which i am sure is also killing his trade value.  Most of the NBA is trying to get away from snail's pace basketball, which is why DeAndre is the more coveted target. 

I wouldn't be surprised if that BS logic that kept FO from trading zbo and TA all these years is what they are using now.   "Marc won't return much of anything - that will out weigh his value to the franchise, so we may as well keep him!".   They said that BS for years and let TA and ZBo walk away for nothing. 

I cant see any point at all in keeping Tyreke in a rebuild. Those are shots and minutes that can go to someone young. Plus I would think he probably wants to go win somewhere. No need to have frustrated vets. Guys like Dirk, VC snd Zbo who have done their thing might hang around rebuilds. Not someone whose prime is closing.

But yeah the same folks that write the scouting reports on Gasol and how easy he is to guard and gives that info to coaches can give that info to GMs. Im sure they all see his low impact on offenses and how his tesm is so much worse with him on the court.

19 hours ago, Dwash said:

If we dont throw in Reke with Gasol, I would like to see him moved for a diamond in the rough. Afflalo for Will barton, Afflalo.for Evan Fournier, Brandon Jennings for Kris Middleton, JJ Redick for Tobias Harris are some notable trades that have happened like that. Losing time means playing time for undiscovered talentss. Its a very important and overlooked aspect of tanking, not just the pick.

Exactly. I like Maker. We could just turn him and Rabb loose and see what we have

Jabari Parker?  NO, and I can't believe some of you want to go after this type of person again....I imagine the conversation...

"Hey Chris Wallace, Jabari Parker is available.  He's got incredible upside, when healthy"

"Not interested"

"Since he came into the league in 14-15, he's actually played in fewer games than Chandler Parsons in that same time period"

"Get the Bucks on the phone."

Parker has the talent, but the only reason the Bucks would do that trade is because they don't believe he would be healthy enough to have a career.

Plus, he's still on a rookie deal, and that makes it even tougher to get him from the Bucks.

I've read multiple reports that the Lakers would move Jordan Clarkson to clear cap space for this summer. If that is true, I'd offer Tyreke, Wright, and Ennis for Clarkson. All three are expiring contracts. Salaries would match up. Clarkson is signed at a reasonable price for two more years after this one. He is a combo guard who happens to be tall enough to play SG. He could be the wing player the team has long sought to relieve Conley of some of the ball handling duties. He's not a star but he would definitely be an upgrade. Plus his contract would be ending the same year all of our other big deals end (except Conley)- preserving future flexibility.

Number 1 target should be Ayton, a big athlete who has skills and is producing at a D1 college is almost unicorn like. Would have to tank to get him, and keep a core around him like Reke, Brooks, Jam, Rabb, and a healthy Sheldon. Won't look too hard at Doncic. Euro guards like him hardly ever become game changers in the NBA, just not athletic enough. The perimeter game in the NBA is much faster and quicker. Can't trust that he can keep up. Doncic would be a nice piece to have, but I wouldn't tank a season for him.

1 hour ago, Blackwatch said:

Number 1 target should be Ayton, a big athlete who has skills and is producing at a D1 college is almost unicorn like. Would have to tank to get him, and keep a core around him like Reke, Brooks, Jam, Rabb, and a healthy Sheldon. Won't look too hard at Doncic. Euro guards like him hardly ever become game changers in the NBA, just not athletic enough. The perimeter game in the NBA is much faster and quicker. Can't trust that he can keep up. Doncic would be a nice piece to have, but I wouldn't tank a season for him.

Ayton would be my number 1 target as well. But Reke won't be part of the core. The only ways he can sign with us for next year are MLE or clearing out enough cap room to make an offer greater than the MLE (virtually impossible). Also to write off Doncic because he is from Europe is insane. It's the kind of thinking that led the Milwaukee to trade Dirk Nowitzki for Robert Traylor on draft night. Doncic is the best player in Europe right now and he's a teenager. He's no less athletic than Harden or Curry, who do quite well over here. Ayton is still my target, just don't write off Doncic for being European.

If the Lakers end up with a starting lineup of something like Cousins, Kuzma, Ingram, George and Ball its gonna be scary.

53 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Ayton would be my number 1 target as well. But Reke won't be part of the core. The only ways he can sign with us for next year are MLE or clearing out enough cap room to make an offer greater than the MLE (virtually impossible). Also to write off Doncic because he is from Europe is insane. It's the kind of thinking that led the Milwaukee to trade Dirk Nowitzki for Robert Traylor on draft night. Doncic is the best player in Europe right now and he's a teenager. He's no less athletic than Harden or Curry, who do quite well over here. Ayton is still my target, just don't write off Doncic for being European.

I would Stretch parsons to help make room for Reke. the Grizz need Reke's playmaking ability. That is all they had been missing in the G-n-G era was dynamic wing scoring. Don't let that go to keep playing Parsons part time. Stretch Parsons, Fire Wallace, and resign Reke.

Check the stats on Euro guards in the NBA. Forwards like Dirk are better suited because they present guard skills with Center size. But Doncic is not as big as Dirk. The 2 guards in the NBA today would eat him up. Are you saying that Doncic is as good as Hardin?

30 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

I would Stretch parsons to help make room for Reke. the Grizz need Reke's playmaking ability. That is all they had been missing in the G-n-G era was dynamic wing scoring. Don't let that go to keep playing Parsons part time. Stretch Parsons, Fire Wallace, and resign Reke.

Check the stats on Euro guards in the NBA. Forwards like Dirk are better suited because they present guard skills with Center size. But Doncic is not as big as Dirk. The 2 guards in the NBA today would eat him up. Are you saying that Doncic is as good as Hardin?

Doncic is not a 2 guard pal. But good try.

Y'all are really underrating Porter just cause of his injury.  Go and watch some more tape of him.  He has superstar written all over him. But the best part about him is above his shoulders.  He has the mindset, IQ, motor, and desire to be great.  Something I can't say Ayton has.  He was the consensus #1 pick before his injury.  And guess what, he's going to heal.

Best part is we don't even have to trade Gasol.

Conley/Brooks/Porter/Green/Gasol 

54 minutes ago, JWill4L said:

Doncic is not a 2 guard pal. But good try.

And that's why Doncic isn't worth a tank. No way he will be able to do anything against other SF's (KD, Greek Freak, the King). Is he better than Hardin, according to You?

2 hours ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

Porter and Ayton should be our #1 targets.

Yep. Add Bagley to round out the top 3. One of them will be there at our slot if we stay where we are. I'm bout ready to root for a top 5 pick rather than a 5 game series loss to the Dubs/Rockets

33 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

And that's why Doncic isn't worth a tank. No way he will be able to do anything against other SF's (KD, Greek Freak, the King). Is he better than Hardin, according to You?

Better than rookie Harden? By far.

19 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

Yeah, OK, from what I've seen he's more like a Buddy Heild . A nice NBA player, but not a game changer.

I'm kinda with you.  But he's my #3 prospect right now.  I'd take him over Bagley.  I'm afraid he'll have the same struggles Manu Ginobili had and what prevented him from being a full time starter.

Nbadraft.net compares his to Gallinari. Unathletic wings are just so risky and tricky. It just looks like.he could be anywhere from Rudy Fernandez (there is someone who played well in Europe but flopped as a pro) to Evan Fournier to Ginobili to Harden. I just cant see passing on a Bagley, Ayton or Porter all of whom I see as high level starters for sure and possibly stars.

When you watch his highlights its hard not to wonder how this translates against the better athletes in the NBA. Especially as a superstar 

Even if the Grizzlies don‚Äôt go for the blockbuster involving center Marc Gasol ‚ÄĒ and they will pursue Gasol deals right through the February deadline ‚ÄĒ expect them to be busy as they continue to reconfigure the roster. They‚Äôve gotten a big boost from the play of guard Tyreke Evans, who seems to have rediscovered his game in Memphis, and they have already received significant interest. He‚Äôd be an ideal bench scorer.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-trade-rumors-deadline-2018-paul-george-thunder-marc-gasol-grizzlies-cavs-clippers-bucks-nuggets/1w4kglcudwq0m1tcmagph0q20o

:)

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Trade all our expirings to Kings for Zach Randolph so they can tank even harder than we are, or trade Marc to Kings so he can be reunited with his brother from another mother, and former buddy coach, and we get their 1st pick

21 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

Stretch Parsons and renounce all other free agents and we end up with about 13-14 million in cap room. Is that enough for Tyreke? Probably. Is he worth that? Not to me. I view him as a ball stopper, not a playmaker. Great individual player who hurts the players around him. Also, he is a significant health risk. Combine those factors with stretching Parsons means he is on the cap for over 9 million a year for the next five years, Tyreke is not worth that.

Do I think Doncic is better than Harden? No. Do I think Doncic is better than 19 year old Harden? Yes. By a long shot. Do I think he is better than Steph Curry was at that age? Yes. Does that mean he is guaranteed to be better than either of those in the NBA? No. I'm just saying don't write him off.

This team is on pace for about 23 wins given their current winning percentage.

Given the way they started, and  how they've looked lately, I don't know if that projection is too high or too low.