Kevin B Moses

Fire Sale (suck for duck, trust the process, salary dump, dumpster fire, 3yr plan)

If I could trade Jam Green, I would trade him in a heartbeat. Our defense is terrible with him and without him. I hate trading Marc and seeing him win a championship with another team, but I would do it.

I would trade Jam to Boston for our pick back. That might be a trade boston is interested in.

If the grizzlies can flip Marc for New York's Brooklyn pick, do it. I'm ready for it. Marc is a great offensive player but he can't play defense good enough to keep this team winning.

I'm ready to flip Marc, Tyreke, and Jam for Deandre Anton and Mikal Bridges.  If we got both of them I'd be ecstatic.

This draft has a ton of great players in it and as long as we have Mike we can transition. 

Hello, Danny? I got this guy. Our defense is terrible with him and without him. 
How about a first-rounder for him? One that will likely be top five?

Danny? 

Hello?

1 minute ago, TimBC said:

Danny? 

Hello?

Our pick is top 5 protected. But yeah I get your point. But if you squint really hard you can see a modern prototypical 4 in jam green at an 8 million a year cost.

3 minutes ago, TimBC said:

Danny? 

Hello?

I think new York has jokim noah still, and Brooklyn's pick is looking like it might be more top 10 than top 5, but does new York need another big? Or are they happy with Kanter?

I don't think we need to worry about one of the top 5 bigs unless it's Bagley I think we need better wings and a pg that will actually be in the game

I'm ready for us to have two young dynamic wings 

4 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Wallace will wait until they are already 35, have reached the decline in their careers, and are now journeymen.  That's when he likes to strike.

2 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

I think Bagley is more of a hit-miss prospect. Philly just traded Jahlil Okafor for peanuts. Michael Beasley was a bust. If you have the chance to draft the next Joel Embiid you do it. But I also LOVE Mikal Bridges.

5 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

Wallace will wait until they are already 35, have reached the decline in their careers, and are now journeymen.  That's when he likes to strike.

The biggest problem is a coach. We aren't likely to find another Hollins. If we don't get a coach with a plan then it is going to be really hard to develop an identity. 

11 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I think Bagley is more of a hit-miss prospect. Philly just traded Jahlil Okafor for peanuts. Michael Beasley was a bust. If you have the chance to draft the next Joel Embiid you do it. But I also LOVE Mikal Bridges.

I like Mikal Bridges too he reminds me of Klay not basketball wise but that he's a player that doesn't come with all the attention as the other younger guys in the draft....but I don't think he can be a star he seems more like a second fiddle type guy so I'd like to pair him with a good pg maybe Trae Young from Oklahoma if we can get two good players out of this draft and the both play on the perimeter I'd be happy.... I just don't think dominant bigs matter much anymore cause the league is so fast you do better with an athletic defensive big that can catch lobs and defend the rim...

Here's my strategy for this draft 

Lotto pick take the guy with the most star potential if possible Porter Bagley Sexton Knox (Trae Young sleeper) this team needs a star that the national media has no choice but to talk about him....

We have two second round picks but I don't thino they are ours.

I'd take the Dillon Brooks approach just take an upperclassmen who can play  

From "the Grizzlies are on the verge of a championship: keep the faith" to "fire sale" in just 5 days.

By K.B.M.

when mike comes back some of the bleeding will stop and every body will start talking play-off 8th seed

57 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Here's my strategy for this draft 

Lotto pick take the guy with the most star potential if possible Porter Bagley Sexton Knox (Trae Young sleeper) this team needs a star that the national media has no choice but to talk about him....

We have two second round picks but I don't thino they are ours.

I'd take the Dillon Brooks approach just take an upperclassmen who can play  

If a small forward can't defend the perimeter on a high level, he has to be Kevin Durant to make him worth that high of a pick. I don't think you are going to get a KD from a random lottery pick. Bridges is the best defender in the draft at the perimeter, that's what I am seeing.

Boston isnt giving the pick back for a 9 and 5 role player cause they see like everyone else that the Grizzlies suck now. Im sure that pick maybe regarded as the best one they got left now

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The biggest problem is a coach. We aren't likely to find another Hollins. If we don't get a coach with a plan then it is going to be really hard to develop an identity. 

Remind me, which team is currently basking in Guru Hollins' expertise since he was fired by the Nets ?  

And what plan would work with the players we currently have? The ONLY plan with any chance is "Wait for Conley and hope Parsons can soon play regular minutes" and any coach can run that plan.  Once it's done, THEN we can see what JB has. 

57 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

From "the Grizzlies are on the verge of a championship: keep the faith" to "fire sale" in just 5 days.

By K.B.M.

I'm pretty sure that all of you wanted this to happen for 3yr now were all grizzlies cheerleaders in the playoffs.

By all of y'all.

The only way to rectify a mistake made is to admit what you've done wrong rather than cover it up with actions designed to hide the mistake.

With that in mind, the FO needs to admit they stuffed up signing Chancun Parsons, who can not and will not ever be able to play a full season including B2B and play for more than 20mpg.

Chancun has to be the first to go. Until that is done this team has no hope.

KBM you said fire sale, thats what Chancun is - first off the bat

10 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I'm pretty sure that all of you wanted this to happen for 3yr now were all grizzlies cheerleaders in the playoffs.

By all of y'all.

5 Days

3 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

The only way to rectify a mistake made is to admit what you've done wrong rather than cover it up with actions designed to hide the mistake.

With that in mind, the FO needs to admit they stuffed up signing Chancun Parsons, who can not and will not ever be able to play a full season including B2B and play for more than 20mpg.

Chancun has to be the first to go. Until that is done this team has no hope.

KBM you said fire sale, thats what Chancun is - first off the bat

Find the team that wants him and I'll hold Wallace's beer.

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Find the team that wants him and I'll hold Wallace's beer.

I don't think it's as hard as people think. Teams are always looking for trades for a variety of reasons.  I do think his social media presence has hurt him though. Teams may trade for him to hit the salary floor while rebuilding or some idiot GM may think he can build around him. I think if he avg mid teens in the second half of the season and stays healthy, ihes tradeable.  It's only 2 more years. With that being said, we should probably keep him while we get rid of Mike and Marc and do a true rebuild. We would need his salary to hit the salary floor.

Mark will  probably ask to be traded. He's not a happy camper now. See if you can trade Conley He can't stay healthy. Looks like GRIZ are stuck with Parsons for at least a year. Evans is probably gone after this season. Trade him before he walks. Keep Brooks. Otherwise get rid of the rest through trades or waivers.

1 hour ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

I don't think it's as hard as people think. Teams are always looking for trades for a variety of reasons.  I do think his social media presence has hurt him though. Teams may trade for him to hit the salary floor while rebuilding or some idiot GM may think he can build around him. I think if he avg mid teens in the second half of the season and stays healthy, ihes tradeable.  It's only 2 more years. With that being said, we should probably keep him while we get rid of Mike and Marc and do a true rebuild. We would need his salary to hit the salary floor.

But what are you going to get back? You are going to havr to take salary back. If you are getting someone more "reliable" on the court health wise then he probably would have an even lower ceiling than Parsons. You are talking Alan Crabbe, Demarre Carroll, Wes Matthews, Kent Bazemore, Tyler Johnson, Evan Turner type contracts AT BEST.

4 hours ago, Memfizz said:

The CW special.