GF#1

Inverted Standings Watch

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Ace-is-high said:

I think the cavs have thrown their name in the hat as well

The Tyreke hat? Cavs have 30 wins already so I assume it’s not in he “get worst record” hat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

The Tyreke hat? Cavs have 30 wins already so I assume it’s not in he “get worst record” hat?

No joining the losing teams who have resigned to tanking, was joking ... they just blew a 20 point lead and lost by double digits to Orlando who is the tankiest tankers in the tank 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ace-is-high said:

No joining the losing teams who have resigned to tanking, was joking ... they just blew a 20 point lead and lost by double digits to Orlando who is the tankiest tankers in the tank 

ah yeah.. that was ugly :S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After watching that Jazz team tonight, I can't tell if their trying to tank or not.

Knicks and Clippers should not come close to the Grizzlies, and both will hang out in that 10-14 range.

It's almost tougher to move down then it was to move up in the standings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

After watching that Jazz team tonight, I can't tell if their trying to tank or not.

Knicks and Clippers should not come close to the Grizzlies, and both will hang out in that 10-14 range.

It's almost tougher to move down then it was to move up in the standings.

even tougher if Tyreke starts suiting up

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 The bottom is so clustered

The grizzlies are 1 game from last place but sit a half game from 8th.

The bulls are going to sink.

 

I don't think the clippers, Knicks, Lakers, or nets can get below Memphis.

 

They are going to be slotted somewhere between 1 and 7. (However, conspiracy people probably believe it won't matter because the Lakers, Clippers or Knicks will magically claim 1 or 2 of the lottery winning slots.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the bottom 7 teams will be ATL, DAL, SAC, MEM, PHO, ORL and BKN. Both PHO and DAL have improved after the trades. I think BKN will have a better record than us. They have some nice pieces and they have zero incentive to tank. We are kind of level with PHO and ORL and are probably better than ATL, DAL and SAC. It all depends on how much PT Marc and Reke will play. If they play no more than 25 mins a game and we focus more on youth development and are willing to play the young guys more, then we will have a chance to end up being the bottom 3 or 4. That should be the goal moving forward. Davis, Rabb, Martin, Selden and Brooks should get more minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Grizball said:

I think the bottom 7 teams will be ATL, DAL, SAC, MEM, PHO, ORL and BKN. Both PHO and DAL have improved after the trades. I think BKN will have a better record than us. They have some nice pieces and they have zero incentive to tank. We are kind of level with PHO and ORL and are probably better than ATL, DAL and SAC. It all depends on how much PT Marc and Reke will play. If they play no more than 25 mins a game and we focus more on youth development and are willing to play the young guys more, then we will have a chance to end up being the bottom 3 or 4. That should be the goal moving forward. Davis, Rabb, Martin, Selden and Brooks should get more minutes.

if the game is close coming down to the wire, Mclemore is your closer.. we'll bring home the L for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ace-is-high said:

if the game is close coming down to the wire, Mclemore is your closer.. we'll bring home the L for sure

Charmers McLemore Mychal Brice DD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hawks just beat Detroit.

Man I can almost still feel that top-4 pick in my hands. It was right there. It was ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sacramento sits at 17 wins.

Atlanta, Memphis, Dallas, Phoenix, and Orlando sit at 18.

Chicago and Brooklyn at 19 wins.

We need Zach Randolph to earn that retired Jersey & help the grizzlies out and win a few games.

I think the Nets will separate from the pack when they play those fellow crappy teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An uninspired and unmotivated Reke will certainly help. If he fails to keep up his stellar performance prior to the trade deadline, we should be fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grizball said:

An uninspired and unmotivated Reke will certainly help. If he fails to keep up his stellar performance prior to the trade deadline, we should be fine. 

He will warm back up.  Bye bye top pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dwash said:

He will warm back up.  Bye bye top pick.

I'm so disgusted with this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dwash said:

He will warm back up.  Bye bye top pick.

I really think you're being over dramatic.  We can certainly finish in the bottom 5 especially not Tyreke is set on coming back here already next year and doesn't feel compelled to go 150% every night. No need to if you already know your deal for next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Games remaining (vs. teams +.500) (vs. .500 or worse)

Sacramento (14) (13)

Atlanta (17) (8)

Dallas (11) (14)

Suns (16) (9)

Memphis (15) (12)

Orlando (12) (15)

Chicago (12) (15)

Brooklyn (14) (11)

 

Based solely on that, I think it finishes up (although, I'm sure there will be ties):

1. Atlanta

2. Phoenix

3. Memphis

4. Sacramento

5. Orlando

6. Dallas

7. Chicago

8. Brooklyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I can't believe some of those teams aren't doing better, especially if young talent is supposed to be so valuable.

Deven Booker, Dragen Bender, Josh Jackson, and that young Suns team should be outperforming Marc, Tyreke and the Memphis Hustle All-Star squad.

Ditto for Harrison Barnes, Dirk, and Dennis Smith Jr.

Sacramento has young talent. So does Orlando and Chicago.

(I can't say the same for Atlanta, they aren't good; and Brooklyn should have no reason to tank)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Games remaining (vs. teams +.500) (vs. .500 or worse)

Sacramento (14) (13)

Atlanta (17) (8)

Dallas (11) (14)

Suns (16) (9)

Memphis (15) (12)

Orlando (12) (15)

Chicago (12) (15)

Brooklyn (14) (11)

 

Based solely on that, I think it finishes up (although, I'm sure there will be ties):

1. Atlanta

2. Phoenix

3. Memphis

4. Sacramento

5. Orlando

6. Dallas

7. Chicago

8. Brooklyn

I'm thinking somewhere between 4th and 7th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now