Sign in to follow this  
GF#1

Inverted Standings Watch

Toronto has suspended Serge Ibaka one game for a violation of team rules. He will sit out against Atlanta tonight. Go Hawks!

3 minutes ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

Magic blew a 16 pt lead...ugh.  Coming out of nowhere.

Terrible, but they're starting to get healthy again and I don't think they're going to be a real contender for the long haul. Hopefully not, at least.

Woohoo! With a .306 winning rate we are now Last In The West! 
Only Atlanta below us now overall .... 

All that and some decent development from Simmons and Martin and maybe Rabb. 

Lookin' good. 

2 hours ago, TimBC said:

Woohoo! With a .306 winning rate we are now Last In The West! 
Only Atlanta below us now overall .... 

All that and some decent development from Simmons and Martin and maybe Rabb. 

Lookin' good. 

Thats what rebuilding is about. Losing to get picks while young players get ample court opportunity. Not just "practice" time.

gonna have an update tonight or in the am. Grizzlies being tank-tastic tonight. Came back to Earth. 

Just imagine where the Grizzlies would be without the good start to the season.

7-26 in the last 33 games. Since the 5-1 start. :blink:

Well the Grizzlies are now in last place in the Western Confrence. I hope that makes someone happy on the boards.

it just makes me sick.

44 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Well the Grizzlies are now in last place in the Western Confrence. I hope that makes someone happy on the boards.

it just makes me sick.

They are 2.5 games out of last place in the league. Not good enough to put a smile on my face.

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

it just makes me sick.

I don't know who it makes happy, but all you can do in this world is spin the positive from the negative - hopefully this season yields a lottery pick and some assets (from trades).

If a roster spot opens up, there is one signing that would be bring sweet harmony to the tanking situation.

Yep, it's time to sign Hasheem Thabeet for the rest of the season, and give him all those minutes Heisley wanted him to play.

36 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

If a roster spot opens up, there is one signing that would be bring sweet harmony to the tanking situation.

Yep, it's time to sign Hasheem Thabeet for the rest of the season, and give him all those minutes Heisley wanted him to play.

*standing ovation*

15 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Please get a top 4 pick, this season is a complete write off.

It's the only way the season can be saved.  With Conley resting up and a top 4 pick (I really like the look of Michael Porter Jr, inspite of his injury) the season can be saved/redeemed.  Without a top 4 pick.. the season is an utter disaster.

The next few years could be a disaster either way.. barely anyone is left over from the winning chemistry days.. but as long as there is Conley/Gasol there is reason for optimism.. and add a future superstar into that mix.. and there is hope for next year.

I don't like the idea of tanking for 5 years straight and doing a Lakers because that culture starts to set in.. and then everyone forgets what it used to feel like to win.. but for one year.. similar to the Spurs.. it has potential that it could work out ok.  Parsons is still a problem though, and there is a serious lack of depth in the entire roster.  Depth used to be a strong point but year after year, players walked or signed with other teams and it slowly dwindled away.  And now it's non existent.