Sign in to follow this  
GF#1

Inverted Standings Watch

1 hour ago, Iron Mike said:

Not a worth a top 4 pick, IMO. 

Tendencies are easy to read. And he's not that athletic

I agree despite the stats Im just not feeling it when I see him.

10 hours ago, Grizball said:

The key is what our record will be at the all-star break. Looking at the schedule, my generous prediction assuming Mike will be back in early Jan is that we would go 2-5 for the rest of games in Dec, 6-7 in Jan, and 2-4 in Feb before the all-star break. We would then have a 19-37 record. Is that record bad enough for Marc to want out? 

Very optimistic but you could be correct. I think Gasol is a lifer in Memphis as long as Wallace is in charge however.  

And I have serious doubts about our FO plan. Can't really believe in what Wallace says. The guy is always trying to say the right things, which is of course to try and win games especially we still have plenty of games left. But is he really stupid enough to think we can make the playoffs? Does he think we should try to win as many games as possible but still miss the playoffs and end up with a low lottery pick? Does he really think we are going anywhere with Mike and Marc being the cornerstones going forward? He can't say we are going in a different direction and will trade Mike and Marc to deflate their values right? And with the ownership thing still up in the air what he is trying to do is to create some sort of stability and makes it look like all things will be fine. So my point is there is no telling what plan this FO has, and very often what they say is not what they have in mind.

Wallace could be simply driving down the value of the franchise so Pera can buy out the others cheaper. He could be doing exactly what his boss wants and that's why his job is safe despite the debacle his leadership has become. 

Bulls win, Mavs win, Kings win, Lakers win, Clippers win.

Great night!

Huge game tomorrow at Phoenix for us.

24 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Bulls win, Mavs win, Kings win, Lakers win, Clippers win.

Great night!

Huge game tomorrow at Phoenix for us.

Indeed.  Hawks were basically tied midway through the 3rd quarter too.  So if we end up with the worst record then we're guaranteed a top 4 pick.  That's worth it IMO.

43 minutes ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

Indeed.  Hawks were basically tied midway through the 3rd quarter too.  So if we end up with the worst record then we're guaranteed a top 4 pick.  That's worth it IMO.

Yeah give me any one of Doncic/Bagley/Porter/Ayton and I'm all good.

Our close win over the Hawks was freaking brutal.

On 12/20/2017 at 10:49 PM, Dwash said:

I agree despite the stats Im just not feeling it when I see him.

He plays like a taller Shane Larkin.

On 12/17/2017 at 8:59 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

If Mike Conley was getting a lot of most underrated love before, if he comes back and the team plays over .500 ball for a while, he will deserve much praise.

Don' say that, you'll jinx us

26 minutes ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

**** Hawks and Mavs blew games they should've won

Still the Hawks competed without Dedmon and Shroeder. No doubt they are a better team.

58 minutes ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

Man we need dubs.  Them competing ain't enough.

True. But we took a couple of weeks to start tanking while they started from day one. So I feel good about catching them.

Updated as of 12/19/2017 - coming up on 2018!

TEAM---------------RECORD--------GAMES BACK

Atlanta----------------25-7-------------------0.0

Dallas-----------------24-9--------------------1.5

Memphis------------23-9--------------------2.0

Orlando------------22-11---------------------3.5

Chicago-------------21-10-------------------3.5

Phoenix-------------22-12--------------------4.0

Charlotte-----------21-11--------------------4.0

Atlanta continues to hold the top spot. Memphis just 2 games back. Orlando has been tank-tastic of late, having made a push into the top 4. 

Key game today: Dallas at Atlanta. Someone's gotta win! 

2 hours ago, nwagrizzfan said:

click on column that says Proj Record,,,,,it will sort it for ya

That's only viewable on the desktop version.  Strange.  But you can see by this table how much every single win matters.  2 teams better than us just by 1 win and 2 more by 2 wins.  

Do we have our own 2nd round pick this year or is that gone? It would be right after the first round correct, based on record?

7 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Do we have our own 2nd round pick this year or is that gone? It would be right after the first round correct, based on record?

Yes about the based on record stuff.

And about owning our second rounder, it depends. We'll receive the most favorable pick between the Hornets one, the Heat one and our own pick. Right now we would get the #33 pick if I'm not mistaken.

We'll receive the Suns second rounder if it falls between 55-60 too, but whatever. That's not gonna happen.

4 hours ago, JWill4L said:

Yes about the based on record stuff.

And about owning our second rounder, it depends. We'll receive the most favorable pick between the Hornets one, the Heat one and our own pick. Right now we would get the #33 pick if I'm not mistaken.

We'll receive the Suns second rounder if it falls between 55-60 too, but whatever. That's not gonna happen.

Thank you sir! Maybe we can get lucky with that one.