Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

Jamychal Green is being underutilized on this team

He should be getting 5 low post touches a game and not just be a garbage guy for the wing drivers on this team.

Watch this minute video. This video is not just a random video, but it shows the versatility of his offensive game. He scores every way but the kitchen sink, here, which is what he should be doing EVERY NIGHT. The problem is that when he got the starting nod last year it was to provide better defensive than zbo while Fizz was trying to open up drive and kick lanes for the wing players. His offense was never explored at all. Even this year Fizz called him our Udonis Haslem. Udonis could not do have the stuff green does in this video.

Also, as long as the grizzlies keep leaning toward keeping the post completely open and using Jam as just a 3d guy, he won't be playing to his potential.

I agree...he has to get more touches. What we are really missing is the floor general. If Conley comes back healthy and we stop losing important pieces to injuries, we are better than last year’s team. That’s a very big and unlikely IF

Agreed, so is Parsons though, whom they know has offensive capabilities, soooo...

Dunno what the plan is with management. If you ask me Gasol should be playing closer to the basket, JAM getting a few more touches, and Parsons, when healthy, should be shooting at least 7 threes a game, and having plays run for him.

2 hours ago, Michael D said:

Parsons, when healthy, should be shooting at least 7 threes a game, and having plays run for him.

^ this 

8 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

He should be getting 5 low post touches a game and not just be a garbage guy for the wing drivers on this team.

Watch this minute video. This video is not just a random video, but it shows the versatility of his offensive game. He scores every way but the kitchen sink, here, which is what he should be doing EVERY NIGHT. The problem is that when he got the starting nod last year it was to provide better defensive than zbo while Fizz was trying to open up drive and kick lanes for the wing players. His offense was never explored at all. Even this year Fizz called him our Udonis Haslem. Udonis could not do have the stuff green does in this video.

Also, as long as the grizzlies keep leaning toward keeping the post completely open and using Jam as just a 3d guy, he won't be playing to his potential.

I've been saying this for a while, yes he needs to get more touches, and more in the low post. He CAN do it, I remember a game last year where he scored like 27pts and could not be stopped.

Thats why I think much of the problem has been a coaching issue, devising plays. But JaM also needs to attack the boards more, esp the DREBs

3 hours ago, Michael D said:

......Parsons, when healthy.......

Forget about it.

Humpty Dumpty MKII