Sign in to follow this  
Blue Bear

Lorenzen Wright's Murder Solved?

It took awhile but obviously somebody finally broke from the 'code of silence' that is still maintained in certain segments of society today. 

1 hour ago, Blue Bear said:

They just arrested a suspect for the Murder of Lorenzen Wright.

Yeah but weren't there different guns used? Maybe he's the first arrest, but hopefully all of this will be resolved.

1 hour ago, UofMark said:

It took awhile but obviously somebody finally broke from the 'code of silence' that is still maintained in certain segments of society today. 

It's not certain segments of society. It's America in general. I remember watching something on the History channel about gangsters from the 30s & 40s and they showed old footage and  an elderly Caucasian lady was interviewed and said something to the effect that "she would never work with the G-men to tell them where Pretty Boy Floyd was even if she knew"  and there were crowds of people cheering for the gangster. This was back in the 30s. Nothing new, not to mention how police officers and firefighters protect each other or how many people knew things and were silent in the Catholic Church. It's not some segment of society.

21 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Yeah but weren't there different guns used? Maybe he's the first arrest, but hopefully all of this will be resolved.

It's not certain segments of society. It's America in general. I remember watching something on the History channel about gangsters from the 30s & 40s and they showed old footage and  an elderly Caucasian lady was interviewed and said something to the effect that "she would never work with the G-men to tell them where Pretty Boy Floyd was even if she knew"  and there were crowds of people cheering for the gangster. This was back in the 30s. Nothing new, not to mention how police officers and firefighters protect each other or how many people knew things and were silent in the Catholic Church. It's not some segment of society.

Every month or so ODK makes a good, insightful post, and this is this month's.

We all can spot they hypocrisy in the groups we don't like or aren't part of, but most of us don't think it is a big deal or can justify in some way when it is something we are associated with or a group we like.

I will say, for all involved-especially the accused, I hope they got the right man.

On 12/5/2017 at 5:23 PM, Notorious O.D.K. said:

well said

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:23 PM, Notorious O.D.K. said:

... or maybe the witnesses were just thinking "I'm not sticking my neck out for a dead drug dealer". The only reason we are talking about his murder is because he was a former Tiger / Grizzly player. The pure truth is that thousands are murdered in this country each year in drug related shootings and a very few are spoke of.

54 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

... or maybe the witnesses were just thinking "I'm not sticking my neck out for a dead drug dealer". The only reason we are talking about his murder is because he was a former Tiger / Grizzly player. The pure truth is that thousands are murdered in this country each year in drug related shootings and a very few are spoke of.

I'm beginning to think this wasn't about drugs. We'll just let the police investigation continue and see what gets unearthed. The media will be all over it. This could be as old as time itself.

2 hours ago, Father Pat said:

Why are you so certain that this was about drugs? How would you know that? Because his ex wife, who many people are suspicious of, said so? That would be  mighty convenient for her because that would take the spotlight off of her. I have no idea what it was about. I'm not going to jump to any conclusions either.

With that being said, the CA story today mentions that tips came in saying that this guy did it back in 2010 so there  was no "no snitching" aspect. Seems like the cops may have bungled another thing in this case. Oh and this guy happened to be a deacon at the same church where Wright's ex wife was a "pastor". I'll just leave that right there.

2 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Why are you so certain that this was about drugs? How would you know that? Because his ex wife, who many people are suspicious of, said so? That would be  mighty convenient for her because that would take the spotlight off of her. I have no idea what it was about. I'm not going to jump to any conclusions either.

With that being said, the CA story today mentions that tips came in saying that this guy did it back in 2010 so there  was no "no snitching" aspect. Seems like the cops may have bungled another thing in this case. Oh and this guy happened to be a deacon at the same church where Wright's ex wife was a "pastor". I'll just leave that right there.

Wright's wiki page; "Wright left his ex-wife's home in Collierville, Tennessee on the night of July 18, 2010 with drugs and unspecified amount of money, and was not seen or heard from again.[5] His family filed a missing persons report on July 22."

I have seen nothing in print claiming that drugs were not a factor in his death, have you? Maybe there is more to it, maybe there isn't. There are your suspicions and what has been reported. No offense, but I'm believing wiki over your suspicions.

On 12/7/2017 at 5:16 PM, Father Pat said:

Wright's wiki page; "Wright left his ex-wife's home in Collierville, Tennessee on the night of July 18, 2010 with drugs and unspecified amount of money, and was not seen or heard from again.[5] His family filed a missing persons report on July 22."

I have seen nothing in print claiming that drugs were not a factor in his death, have you? Maybe there is more to it, maybe there isn't. There are your suspicions and what has been reported. No offense, but I'm believing wiki over your suspicions.

You do understand that that Wiki entry is based off of a CA story where his ex-wife made that claim right? The only person to ever mention him being involved in drugs was his ex-wife, simple and plain. There are only three facts to this case:

1. Lorenzen Wright was killed in July 2010
  2. A gun was found in a lake in Mississippi earlier this year which they determined was used to kill Wright
  3. An arrest was made in December 2017

Those are the only facts in this case. Everything else is speculation. The police have not released any information whatsoever related to the investigation. None. 

With that being said, his ex-wife actually said she never said anything about drugs:

But five years later, in her interview with The CA, Wright-Robinson said police had embellished her story.

“I never said box of drugs. You can write that. Because that’s not true,’’ she said. “I just said he had a box.’’

With that being said, I'm not going to drag the man's name through the mud based off of what his ex-wife said (or didn't say). Not only that, the man who was arrested knew and had some type of relationship with the ex-wife. i'm not going to jump to any conclusions.

As the news media dug, more came to light: Turner was a longtime deacon at Mt. Olive No. 1 Missionary Baptist Church, where Wright-Robinson had attended.

I'll just wait for it to all come out in court as opposed to going off of hearsay, especially hearsay from someone who has a reason to hide facts and has been speaking negatively of her ex-husband since his tragic demise. 

5 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

You do understand that that Wiki entry is based off of a CA story where his ex-wife made that claim right? The only person to ever mention him being involved in drugs was his ex-wife, simple and plain. There are only three facts to this case:

1. Lorenzen Wright was killed in July 2010
  2. A gun was found in a lake in Mississippi earlier this year which they determined was used to kill Wright
  3. An arrest was made in December 2017

Those are the only facts in this case. Everything else is speculation. The police have not released any information whatsoever related to the investigation. None. 

With that being said, his ex-wife actually said she never said anything about drugs:

With that being said, I'm not going to drag the man's name through the mud based off of what his ex-wife said (or didn't say). Not only that, the man who was arrested knew and had some type of relationship with the ex-wife. i'm not going to jump to any conclusions.

I'll just wait for it to all come out in court as opposed to going off of hearsay, especially hearsay from someone who has a reason to hide facts and has been speaking negatively of her ex-husband since his tragic demise. 

You left out some "facts". Both Wright and his ex-wife were in debt. Not only had Wright burned through his 55+ million in career earnings, but he had just lost houses in Memphis and Atlanta for non payment. Wright's body was found still wearing an expensive watch and jewelry, indicating to law enforcement that it was not likely a robbery. Some in Wright's crew had gang ties (brother in law to Bobby Cole, who went away for drug trafficking, who Wright had sold a couple of his cars to that were turned over to the DEA because they were bought with drug money - full story in S.I.). Wright's murder was being investigated by the Memphis gang unit, not the homicide division. Wright's accused killer was arrested by the gang unit as well.

Again, I was going by what was reported. You have tried to diminish what was reported based on your personal suspicions. Your suspicions and my suspicions do not matter. I have a suspicion that the ex-wife was involved based on her claim that people showed up at her house looking to collect money from Wright, a few days later he flies in from Atlanta and is promptly murdered. That is just a suspicion of mine and does not matter.

Here is a good article about it done by S.I. from a couple years ago: https://www.si.com/nba/2015/10/19/lorenzen-wright-murder-mystery-memphis-grizzlies

5 hours ago, Father Pat said:

You left out some "facts". Both Wright and his ex-wife were in debt. Not only had Wright burned through his 55+ million in career earnings, but he had just lost houses in Memphis and Atlanta for non payment. Wright's body was found still wearing an expensive watch and jewelry, indicating to law enforcement that it was not likely a robbery. Some in Wright's crew had gang ties (brother in law to Bobby Cole, who went away for drug trafficking, who Wright had sold a couple of his cars to that were turned over to the DEA because they were bought with drug money - full story in S.I.). Wright's murder was being investigated by the Memphis gang unit, not the homicide division. Wright's accused killer was arrested by the gang unit as well.

Again, I was going by what was reported. You have tried to diminish what was reported based on your personal suspicions. Your suspicions and my suspicions do not matter. I have a suspicion that the ex-wife was involved based on her claim that people showed up at her house looking to collect money from Wright, a few days later he flies in from Atlanta and is promptly murdered. That is just a suspicion of mine and does not matter.

Here is a good article about it done by S.I. from a couple years ago: https://www.si.com/nba/2015/10/19/lorenzen-wright-murder-mystery-memphis-grizzlies

Well, once again. I would rather wait until a trial happens in court. That's a lot of speculation and guilt by association. I'm familiar with that story. I posted it awhile back in the old long running Lorenzen Wright thread that was up. i'm not going to soil the man's name based on speculation and hearsay. He deserves justice simple and plain and so does his mother. I'll let it play out in court. 

On 12/9/2017 at 2:14 PM, Father Pat said:

Well, let me add one more fact for you. Lorenzen Wright's ex-wife has now been arrested in connection with his murder.

As i mentioned, there was 1 person who was repeatedly bad mouthing him and making him look like the worst person in the world and that person had a reason to do that so that she could get suspicion off of her. Not only that, it would have had to have been a humongous coincidence that the dude arrested just so happen to be connected with her and she didn't have anything to do with it. I think most people suspected her from the get go and her stories about him leaving with boxes of drugs and what not didn't add up. Her neighbors also reported that she was burning something in the fire pit behind their house around the time he was killed. I never believed one word that came out of her mouth. She probably lured him down there to kill him. 

7 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

**** - ODK this makes you look like a PI. Remember reading about this back then...

finally some"justice" for one of my fave griz

You know, if you watch any of those crime shows, the spouse(or ex-spouse) is always one of the first people of interest and along with the last person to see the person alive. In this case Sherra Wright was both which makes it highly suspicious. Also, on many of those shows, a common tactic of the spouse who killed their spouse is to spread negative information about the person who was killed. She not only claimed mysterious men were looking for Ren and he left with a box of drugs but she also wrote a "fictional" book which seemed to really be about her and Ren where she claimed he beat her. So she did her best to make Ren look like a monster so that society wouldn't have any sympathy for him. now come to find out, her and that dude are not only being charged with 1st degree murder(which is premeditated, meaning she set him up) but also ATTEMPTED 1st degree murder because she previously tried to kill Ren. This is beyond disgusting and i hope that woman never sees the light of day, Everything that she said was a lie-the beatings, teh mysterious men looking for him, him leaving with a box of drugs going to flip something. This is just disgusting. 

53 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

You know, if you watch any of those crime shows, the spouse(or ex-spouse) is always one of the first people of interest and along with the last person to see the person alive. In this case Sherra Wright was both which makes it highly suspicious. Also, on many of those shows, a common tactic of the spouse who killed their spouse is to spread negative information about the person who was killed. She not only claimed mysterious men were looking for Ren and he left with a box of drugs but she also wrote a "fictional" book which seemed to really be about her and Ren where she claimed he beat her. So she did her best to make Ren look like a monster so that society wouldn't have any sympathy for him. now come to find out, her and that dude are not only being charged with 1st degree murder(which is premeditated, meaning she set him up) but also ATTEMPTED 1st degree murder because she previously tried to kill Ren. This is beyond disgusting and i hope that woman never sees the light of day, Everything that she said was a lie-the beatings, teh mysterious men looking for him, him leaving with a box of drugs going to flip something. This is just disgusting. 

I wonder if she had a relationship with the suspect as well. I'm not surprised that the wife was involved. I thought this would have happened years ago.  

59 minutes ago, Father Pat said:

I feel real sorry for his kids. 

Bingo.......she also has spent most of the 1 mil, ment to care for the kids. I remember when my son was in Jr. high, he played football against their son, must be about 22 now. A sad way to grow up.

2 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Ren certainly had side pieces and even carried them in public during the day time. Pretty disrespectful so you can only imagine what the household atmosphere was like. Not that he deserved what he got.

Is this timeline correct?

Wright murdered - First year, Grizzlies make playoffs.

7 years of unsolved murder. Grizzlies make playoffs.

Wright murder solved - Grizzlies miss playoffs.

I find that odd.

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Is this timeline correct?

Wright murdered - First year, Grizzlies make playoffs.

7 years of unsolved murder. Grizzlies make playoffs.

Wright murder solved - Grizzlies miss playoffs.

I find that odd.

We haven't missed the playoffs yet.

:D

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

Ren certainly had side pieces and even carried them in public during the day time. Pretty disrespectful so you can only imagine what the household atmosphere was like. Not that he deserved what he got.

You talking about a sidearm?  Nothing wrong with that.