Sign in to follow this  
LuvThem Grizzlies

How about another prediction

Recommended Posts

i will stay at my 34-48 prediction i had at being of the year . to many IFS  i said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I also said last year that C. parson will NEVER play a full season for the memphis grizzlies and that Chris Wallace should be FIRED so that move

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

chris wallace will be fired once new ownership comes in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I doubt the Grizz are going to have new owners. Haven't heard anything about it and October and November are gone. However I didn't see any date in October when the 60 days started.

The two minority owners (Strauss and Kaplan) have exercised the buy/sell agreement with Pera. There will be a change in the ownership structure if not the majority owner.

Now they are working out a value for the team. They have 60-90 days to accomplish this. Once a price is determined Pera has the option of selling his shares at that price or buying out Strauss and Kaplan. 

I sincerely doubt there will be a lot to report on during this process for two reasons. Neither side wants this made public and the league has rules against the owners talking about it in the press. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You got a link to the story, surely there  has been something written about that. I would think they already knew what they would be willing to pay, after all they have had 2 years to be thinking about it. Pera might be looking for someone to buy some of those shares once he buys them. I wouldn't think the NBA would stop him from bringing in other minority owners after he has completed the buy or maybe some of the other minority owners would like to increase their shares.

You don't think that the Grizz will get back to 500?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I think this team is talented enough to get to .500.

I don't think this team will be healthy enough to do that though.

 

If they continue to play like they currently are I think they might make it in a lot less than 46 games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

You got a link to the story, surely there  has been something written about that. I would think they already knew what they would be willing to pay, after all they have had 2 years to be thinking about it. Pera might be looking for someone to buy some of those shares once he buys them. I wouldn't think the NBA would stop him from bringing in other minority owners after he has completed the buy or maybe some of the other minority owners would like to increase their shares.

You don't think that the Grizz will get back to 500?

It’s been all over ESPN and the CA. Google

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, i don't.  I predicted 40-42 during the preseason period, and i doubt the grizz get 40 wins.

The grizz should have traded marc gasol two years ago.  It might be too late now as his trade value has most likely gone down.  He is a 32 year old 7 ft'er.  Open your eyes.  He doesn't have much time left at all before the decline starts.  Some would say it's already started.  What happens if he gets hurt again or asks for a trade?   Both are very real possibilities.

Hearing that robert pera and marc gasol are tight and talk often makes me think marc is a grizz for life.   That's too bad for us grizz fans.

I still have no trust in the "real" intentions of the front office/ownership.  This team is done.  Everyone knows it.  If the true intentions are to run off fans,  they are heading the right way.  Run off the favorite players who get the most wins for the team.  Check.  Bad contracts on top 3 star players.  Check.  Keeping a star player they should trade even though he is an overrated diva.  Check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

Hearing that robert pera and marc gasol are tight and talk often makes me think marc is a grizz for life.   That's too bad for us grizz fans.

Except for those many fans who criticize Pera for not being involved more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

No, i don't.  I predicted 40-42 during the preseason period, and i doubt the grizz get 40 wins.

The grizz should have traded marc gasol two years ago.  It might be too late now as his trade value has most likely gone down.  He is a 32 year old 7 ft'er.  Open your eyes.  He doesn't have much time left at all before the decline starts.  Some would say it's already started.  What happens if he gets hurt again or asks for a trade?   Both are very real possibilities.

Hearing that robert pera and marc gasol are tight and talk often makes me think marc is a grizz for life.   That's too bad for us grizz fans.

I still have no trust in the "real" intentions of the front office/ownership.  This team is done.  Everyone knows it.  If the true intentions are to run off fans,  they are heading the right way.  Run off the favorite players who get the most wins for the team.  Check.  Bad contracts on top 3 star players.  Check.  Keeping a star player they should trade even though he is an overrated diva.  Check.

Marc is the best player you guys have. At least he plays hurt. Conley used to. Not anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this