Sign in to follow this  
New_Sacred_Cow

Minnesota @ Memphis 12/04/17

Just now, Adrenalize74 said:

Yeah, Ben Mc and Rio need to go, absolutely drag the team down.  Harrison has actually improved which is nice to see.  I would still like to see Kobi get time at the backup point once Conley gets back.

The way the team has been playing the last 3 games, a healthy Conley and Parsons make this team pretty **** good again.  As long as the style remains and we don't revert back to the iso ball.

Parsons will never be healthy again. Like Wright.

It's be nice to win the lottery, but relying on it to pay the bills is foolish

32 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Chalmers simply should be waived for Kobi or some other gleague scoring machine. They dont seem to be hard to find these days.

I can say bye to Wright too. He isnt bad but he has no future with Memphis, stays hurt, is very thin and gets pushed around at times and isnt better than Davis.

6 minutes ago, Adrenalize74 said:

Yeah, Ben Mc and Rio need to go, absolutely drag the team down.  Harrison has actually improved which is nice to see.  I would still like to see Kobi get time at the backup point once Conley gets back.

The way the team has been playing the last 3 games, a healthy Conley and Parsons make this team pretty **** good again.  As long as the style remains and we don't revert back to the iso ball.

I think Rio should stick around til the 2nd half of the year.

It usually takes two full years to get back completely from that torn Achilles, Wesley Matthews immediately comes to mind.

13 minutes ago, bobblybook1 said:

Sigh.... bye Bagley

Hitting their .500 ceiling might be best for two years until Boston is paid off.

45 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Called it! 

You act like the twolves are some super team. They are barely over .500. If they have trap games, then they are doing basketball wrong.

5 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

You act like the twolves are some super team. They are barely over .500. If they have trap games, then they are doing basketball wrong.

Sounds like us last year.

Be happy for 24 hrs at least :)

5 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

Meh. Not losing 15 in a row is a positive I guess 

A win is a positive

SMH

It seems you are happy with losing 

9 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Sounds like us last year.

Be happy for 24 hrs at least :)

The thing about Marc is that he doesn't just whine for no reason. He has a method to his madness. He understands the value of togetherness and playing the right way. Maybe he can get Tyreke and others to buy in.

To me Jmyke looks posed to be a breakout player. I could see him becoming a paul milsap tyke. There is a lot of talent there. He doesn't even work that hard to get numbers.

The grizzlies biggest hurdle is not talent but chemistry.

55 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

A win is a positive

SMH

I don't get excited after going 1-11

lol I came home expecting a lot more from this thread. 3 pages. Go Grizz! Reke and Gasol is an interesting duo. Wonder how Conley can fit in when he comes back.

3 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

A win is a positive

SMH

No he just happy whining about Marc and scapegoating him for every loss.

Then he his happy.....

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The thing about Marc is that he doesn't just whine for no reason. He has a method to his madness. He understands the value of togetherness and playing the right way. Maybe he can get Tyreke and others to buy in.

To me Jmyke looks posed to be a breakout player. I could see him becoming a paul milsap tyke. There is a lot of talent there. He doesn't even work that hard to get numbers.

The grizzlies biggest hurdle is not talent but chemistry.

I agree with you.

My frustration with JaM is that he CAN be dominant in the post and on the boards AND has a decent outside shot, no doubt. But he seems to go MIA during games, or for stretches of games.

I really want him to succeed but CONSISTENCY needs to be written on his mirror in the dressing room.

4 hours ago, f-dizzle said:

Tyreke and Marc emraced like brothers. Keep 'em together. 

OMG can't have that, it would drive some here CRAZY.

Who they gonna biatch about with their ridiculous conspiracy theories.....

Scary part is that with Conley and Chandler back we can contend for 8th sneak in to playoffs and not get the lottery pick:) i sure prefer winning but understand all that want to get a high pick for future

17 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

Scary part is that with Conley and Chandler back we can contend for 8th sneak in to playoffs and not get the lottery pick:) i sure prefer winning but understand all that want to get a high pick for future

I think so too. Funny how making the playoffs will disappoint people, but I get it. I just think this is an 8th-6th seed team when healthy.

8 hours ago, Memfizz said:

I don't get excited after going 1-11

No one’s excited but it’s better than losing. 1-11 is better than 0-12 which is what you seem to prefer. SMDH

heckuva game.  you can tell the guys really wanted it which is fun to watch,

nothing worse than spending money/time on players/teams who have mentally checked out

Glad to see them engaged like that

11 hours ago, Dwash said:

Chalmers simply should be waived for Kobi or some other gleague scoring machine. They dont seem to be hard to find these days.

I can say bye to Wright too. He isnt bad but he has no future with Memphis, stays hurt, is very thin and gets pushed around at times and isnt better than Davis.

It's crazy to think we are coming back full circle on Harrison but it's obvious that he is the best backup PG option behind Tyreke.   Plus when Mike comes back Reke is showing that he should be the primary PG behind Conley, regardless. 

Wright is indeed too fragile to keep worrying with if he has no future with the team.   It doesn't matter if he is a better player over Martin, DD, or Rabb if he can't be counted on to be on the court.    DD's demeanor is so frustrating but his impact as a rim-protector is REAL.   He changed tons of shots in the paint or outright blocked them.    We don't win this game without his contribution.     I hope JB continues to develop him and doesn't bury him like Fiz did when BWright is available. 

34 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

It's crazy to think we are coming back full circle on Harrison but it's obvious that he is the best backup PG option behind Tyreke.   Plus when Mike comes back Reke is showing that he should be the primary PG behind Conley, regardless. 

Wright is indeed too fragile to keep worrying with if he has no future with the team.   It doesn't matter if he is a better player over Martin, DD, or Rabb if he can't be counted on to be on the court.    DD's demeanor is so frustrating but his impact as a rim-protector is REAL.   He changed tons of shots in the paint or outright blocked them.    We don't win this game without his contribution.     I hope JB continues to develop him and doesn't bury him like Fiz did when BWright is available. 

Your changing your mind is not crazy unfortunately. It is your normal mode of operation. 

This gets old guys. We've gone from give the youngsters a chance, to they suck get them off the court, to the alternative sucks so what are we going to do, to Harrison is back in, is the coach crazy to Harrison is the best option.

AND NO ONE WANTS TO ADMIT THAT HARRISON LIKELY IMPROVED FROM WORKING WITH THE COACHES BEHIND THE SCENE AND PRACTICING ON HIS WEAKNESSES. 

Believe me, Harrison didn't improve simply because he got game time. He is young, he has been working on his weaknesses and when given an opportunity to show what he has been working on he took advantage of it and has earned more PT. That's why he is performing better (and Chalmers is making the comparisons easy too). 

Likewise, Wright's injuries are an issue separate from Martin and Davis' development. Martin and Davis look super in flashes but the overall effect is lacking in my opinion. Rabb has looked fantastic for the Hustle but the team is not giving him a chance and is actually using Vince Hunter as the deep bench player despite him being on a two way contract which limits the total number of games he can sit on the Grizzlies bench. The team has to have a reason for wanting Rabb with the Hustle but I wish they would just come out and say what it lacking. 

Of course, communication hasn't been a strong point for the Grizzlies lately. 

I dont think Harrison is that much better so I dont know what you are talking about. He was bad earlier this year because he isnt a 2 guard. He isnt good off the ball exclusively and he isnt great defending them because they are the same size as him so he cant use his size in the same way. He is playing about the same as he did last year with maybe some minor improvements because he is playing his true position again and he isnt a rookie anymore. He uses his size defending pgs well, playing off the ball, sagging into the lane, switching pnr plays at times and boxing out the big man. Its his strength.