LuvThem Grizzlies

How long is J B going to last?

On 12/7/2017 at 10:53 AM, GrizzTigerFan said:

I was listening to Peter Edmiston this morning and the data he gave this morning backs up your statement (even if you were being sarcastic). 

Peter Edmiston‏ @peteredmiston

GRIZZLIES BEFORE/AFTER FIZDALE (so far):

FIZDALE: Ortg: 102 Drtg: 103.1 NetRtg: -1.1

FTA/gm: 23

3PA/gm: 28.3 (32% 3P)

Paint pts/gm: 45 Pace: 97.4 (28th)

BICKERSTAFF: Ortg: 101.7 Drtg: 110.7 NetRtg: -9.0

FTA/gm: 19

3PA/gm: 21.8 (43% 3P)

Paint pts/gm: 34 Pace: 91.2 (30th)

FIZDALE GRIZZLIES DURING LOSING STREAK (games w/out Conley):

Ortg: 97.9 Drtg: 105.9 NetRtg: -8

FTA/gm: 19

3PA/gm: 27.8 (28% 3P)

Paint pts/gm: 47.7 Pace: 96.5

Our pace has cratered and our 3pt shooting has dropped.    Peter said that the offense is basically being ran the way Gasol wants it ran and it isn't resulting in wins.   As the Minny and Cavs games have shown is that  "Mr Play the Right Way" still has to put up huge numbers for us to compete.  

As long as CW is in charge and Gasol is on the team, JB will be at the mercy of Gasol when it comes to offensive strategy.   Either way it goes the team success is at complete mercy of Lord Gasol. 

You know what, that is just ( creatively spelled cuss word was here)STUPID. Look at who the GRIZZ played before and after Fiz was fired

Edited by 10SC-2-TOKYO

2 hours ago, Dwash said:

More time should be given due to the quality of teams that JB has played but it doesnt look much better.

It's pretty scary that the person who writes articles for the Commercial Appeal doesn't understand the law of large numbers. Making grand conclusions on small amounts of observations can lead to bad conclusions. The Grizzlies pace is affected by the fact that they have played some of the slowest teams in the league during this time frame.

It would be more statistically relevant to have more observations before drawing conclusions that later have to be reversed. Peter should know this too. It causes people to rush to conclusions they later have to reverse when more observations happen. 

6 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Well they're playing better but they can't handle the pressure when the other team ups theirs. You think Jarell might be getting traded?

When the other team ups their pressure in this league is the only time of the game that matters. You cant handle that you lose everytime.

JB, you're gonna have to rein Mario in or sit him out. Fiz let him run wild and it got him fired and now you are doing the same thing and it's going to get you fired 2. Didn't you see how wild the crowd went last night when Gasol was balling and you let Mario screw things up just   like Fiz did. Gasol was on fire and he didn't even get a shot until the game was just about over, you know who that comes back 2? YOU

How on Earth do you not get a hot Gasol the ball in the 4th? We finally get him on fire and he becomes invisible down the stretch. Pitiful. 

2 hours ago, f-dizzle said:

How on Earth do you not get a hot Gasol the ball in the 4th? We finally get him on fire and he becomes invisible down the stretch. Pitiful. 

They had a lot of bad spacing and terrible communication. I do think that JB has gotten the grizzlies to play better. They are at least competitive now in most games, so I like that.

I am just not sure what bickerstaffs plan is. My main concern with him going forward is to keep the team unified and show that he can effectively communicate with the different personalities we have on the team.

I like that he pulled Harrison quickly after that dribbling the air out shot he made in the fourth. And so I am willing to give him a chance.

One thing that Frank Vogel did as soon as he took over was set a goal. He said, we are going to play harder (and nobody is going to watch to play us).

I know that Bickerstaff has a relationship with Fizdale, but it's your job now. Communicate your goals and get to work if you want to keep it.

JB is not as good of a coach as his dad was. JB took over a team that was 4-7, a team that had won 56 games the prior year and he only came in with a 37-34 record after he took over. If you look at Bernie's record he improved the Sonics every year he was there. CW made a big mistake when he selected him but it would have been hard to bring in a coach that hadn't been involved with the Grizz.