LuvThem Grizzlies

How long is J B going to last?

Putting Gasol on the low block is the worst thing he could to the Grizz. If he continues to play him down there this losing streak can go on indefinitely. I wonder if Wallace asked  him bout his vision for this team.

He should make it to the end of the year, but the last time I said that about a Grizz coach he was fired the next day. 

I don't see how a coach can try to improve a team by having a player try doing something that he hasn't ever done well. Maybe he is trying to undermine the Grizz even more. I've always heard that good coaches emphasize what their players do best. Anyone know how many 3s the Grizz took in the 1st half last night?

Jb and the  rest of is staff will be fired at the of the season

6 hours ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

So you're mad he wants a 7 footer to play in the post?  Wow, thank God you're not our coach.

He didn't play much in the post when Z was here, he's 1 of the best 3 shooters the team has, it would open up the middle if the guy guarding him is pulled out of the middle and I wouldn't be trying to make him force shots he doesn't want to take.

the sad thing about all of this stuff going on now . if m conley did not get hurt all of this would have not happen  the grizzlies right now will be around 13-9 instead of 7-15

chip   is right, coaching is NOT the major reason the grizzlies are losing

take l.james off cleveland and see how good there coach is and how long before he is fired

Memphis two mistakes they payed mike/marc to much for a small market thats the reason if  some one gets hurt were f----- 

I FEEL if mike/ marc wanted to win badly in memphis they would have taken less money so that can surround them self with better players around team

before long mike or marc will be traded and its 2007.2008,2009 all over again

I would not be surprised if the Grizzlies decide to promote Nick Van Exel to head coach.  They seem to lean towards cost efficiency with coaching hires and go for assistants.  That and they probably aren't really in the running for the more desirable coaching candidates anyways.

On 12/2/2017 at 1:39 PM, guillermo said:

next man up

Van Exel

18 hours ago, lions said:

I FEEL if mike/ marc wanted to win badly in memphis they would have taken less money so that can surround them self with better players around team

Marc did technically take less money while accepting a max. He could have easily signed a one year deal and then came back and made more than he is now with the cap having shot through the roof.

marcs contract is a value right now. Conley’s on the other hand is not, and it wasn’t because he wouldn’t have taken less money. It’s that he wasn’t offered less. 

Same deal with Rudy at the time.

9 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Marc did technically take less money while accepting a max. He could have easily signed a one year deal and then came back and made more than he is now with the cap having shot through the roof.

In hindsight signing the deal he did was the best thing Gasol ever did. Remember he broke his foot in the first year of the deal and missed a lot of the season. If he'd only been on a one year deal when that happened he wouldn't have got anything near what he has now.

9 hours ago, UofMark said:

In hindsight signing the deal he did was the best thing Gasol ever did. Remember he broke his foot in the first year of the deal and missed a lot of the season. If he'd only been on a one year deal when that happened he wouldn't have got anything near what he has now.

I agree and it was clear that he was doing the team a favor at the time he signed the deal. At that time many players including Kevin Durant and LeBron James took shorter deals so they could take advantage of the new TV contract since it had already been announced.  

14 hours ago, GF#1 said:

Try telling that to our GM and head coach. Hint: he's 7 feet tall.

I was listening to Peter Edmiston this morning and the data he gave this morning backs up your statement (even if you were being sarcastic). 

Peter Edmiston‏ @peteredmiston

GRIZZLIES BEFORE/AFTER FIZDALE (so far):

FIZDALE: Ortg: 102 Drtg: 103.1 NetRtg: -1.1

FTA/gm: 23

3PA/gm: 28.3 (32% 3P)

Paint pts/gm: 45 Pace: 97.4 (28th)

BICKERSTAFF: Ortg: 101.7 Drtg: 110.7 NetRtg: -9.0

FTA/gm: 19

3PA/gm: 21.8 (43% 3P)

Paint pts/gm: 34 Pace: 91.2 (30th)

FIZDALE GRIZZLIES DURING LOSING STREAK (games w/out Conley):

Ortg: 97.9 Drtg: 105.9 NetRtg: -8

3PA/gm: 27.8 (28% 3P)

Paint pts/gm: 47.7 Pace: 96.5

Our pace has cratered and our 3pt shooting has dropped.    Peter said that the offense is basically being ran the way Gasol wants it ran and it isn't resulting in wins.   As the Minny and Cavs games have shown is that  "Mr Play the Right Way" still has to put up huge numbers for us to compete.  

As long as CW is in charge and Gasol is on the team, JB will be at the mercy of Gasol when it comes to offensive strategy.   Either way it goes the team success is at complete mercy of Lord Gasol. 

22 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I was listening to Peter Edmiston this morning and the data he gave this morning backs up your statement (even if you were being sarcastic). 

Peter Edmiston‏ @peteredmiston

GRIZZLIES BEFORE/AFTER FIZDALE (so far):

FIZDALE: Ortg: 102 Drtg: 103.1 NetRtg: -1.1

FTA/gm: 23

3PA/gm: 28.3 (32% 3P)

Paint pts/gm: 45 Pace: 97.4 (28th)

BICKERSTAFF: Ortg: 101.7 Drtg: 110.7 NetRtg: -9.0

3PA/gm: 21.8 (43% 3P)

Paint pts/gm: 34 Pace: 91.2 (30th)

FIZDALE GRIZZLIES DURING LOSING STREAK (games w/out Conley):

Ortg: 97.9 Drtg: 105.9 NetRtg: -8

3PA/gm: 27.8 (28% 3P)

Paint pts/gm: 47.7 Pace: 96.5

Our pace has cratered and our 3pt shooting has dropped.    Peter said that the offense is basically being ran the way Gasol wants it ran and it isn't resulting in wins.   As the Minny and Cavs games have shown is that  "Mr Play the Right Way" still has to put up huge numbers for us to compete.  

As long as CW is in charge and Gasol is on the team, JB will be at the mercy of Gasol when it comes to offensive strategy.   Either way it goes the team success is at complete mercy of Lord Gasol. 

More time should be given due to the quality of teams that JB has played but it doesnt look much better.