Notorious O.D.K.

How Long before Tyreke is traded/waived?

How Long before Tyreke is traded/waived?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How Long before Tyreke is traded/waived?

• Before 12/31/2017
    • After 12/31 but before trade deadline
    • He won't get traded but we won't re-sign him in the 2018 Off-season
    • What do you mean, we will re-sign in 2018. He's here for a long time

I think most posters on this board are thankful that the Grizz has Tyreke. If they hadn't signed him they may have only won 2-3 games. I don't necessarily think Gasol was talking about Tyreke, moreso about Mario. I don't see him criticizing a player who is delivering at a very high rate, given that he only wants to win. It looked like to me that they played together very well last night. When you only have a select few players who are delivering, you gotta let them do their thing. BK said last night what I've been saying for quite some time, JMG has got to be getting more shots.

9 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Whether you agree or disagree with Marc's point of view, I still don't understand why Reke is insulated from criticism. Is it because he plays a brand of basketball you like or something? The facts are the grizzlies aren't winning and a lot of that is on Tyreke. Especially if he is the player you all seem to think he is.

Furthermore, I don't see why a thread like this even exists. Tyreke is only a role player who doesn't effect winning one way or the other. If the grizzlies can trade him for a first round pick, that would be ideal. And it is highly laughable that Tyreke wants out of Memphis, as if he is Lebron or something. The guy hasn't done squat to garner this much hero worship, except playing a style you all like.

Everyone knows you're just trying to stir the pot to make yourself relevant, if it came down to it, I would take Tyreke over any other player on the team. He the only player who has delivered consistently.

35 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I think most posters on this board are thankful that the Grizz has Tyreke. If they hadn't signed him they may have only won 2-3 games. I don't necessarily think Gasol was talking about Tyreke, moreso about Mario. I don't see him criticizing a player who is delivering at a very high rate, given that he only wants to win. It looked like to me that they played together very well last night. When you only have a select few players who are delivering, you gotta let them do their thing. BK said last night what I've been saying for quite some time, JMG has got to be getting more shots.

You don't think that it is possible that Gasol thought Fiz kept playing Mario, even though he was playing badly at the time, because he played for Miami? Wasn't it in the Orlando game that he tried to do everything by himself and more or less cost the Grizz the game?

1 hour ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Who has ever stated that Reke is insulated from criticism? Who has gone on these boards and said "stop, you can't criticize Tyreke Evans"? I would like a long list of names of who has done that Kevin. Why are so many people on this board creating arguments that no one has said just so they can argue a point? You're trying to counterpoint something that has never been said. Also, where is the hero worship? Just because people don't want to slam him you are doing doesn't mean they are worshipping him, maybe they are reasonable  people who see that he is out there trying and understand he is on a 1 year $3.2 mil contract.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that Tyreke is a role player. I have said that since day 1. He is on a 1 year, $3.2 million contract. I fully expect that Wallace and team thought they would have waived him by now. They didn't expect anything out of him but now, he is second on the team in scoring and PER and third on the team in rebounding, assists and steals. This is the SEVENTH highest paid player on the team who is a bench player doing this. It's called value, Kevin. The guy is on a value contract and he is contributing to the team. He makes less than Brandan Wright and Ben McLemore and slightly more than James Ennis yet he is the third best player on the team as far as stats go. He is best utilized as a role playing sixth man scorer off of the bench. Tyeke has many flaws in his game, it's up to the coaching staff to get the most out of him in a good way. 

Your whole rambling doesn't make any sense. First you say you don't see why a thread like this exists (mighty rich coming from you btw) and then you say ideally we can trade him for a 1st round pick and then you say he's a role player that doesn't help teams win. Why would any team give up a 1st round pick to have a role player who wouldn't help them win? And that's exactly why i started the thread, because at most he will be on this team for the remainder of the year but I fully expect them to try and trade him (won't get much back) and if they don't by the trade deadline, I think this team will waive him before the end of the season. Not many teams will give up anything of value for a half a season rental making $3.2 mil. 

Lastly, you don't want him on the team but yet you criticize him for wanting out? Why are you all up in your feelings about Tyreke? Did he do something to you while in Memphis? Did he get with your girl or something? Even for you this seems to be some odd/weird obsession with hating on Tyreke.

If he is a role player, like you seem to agree with, he needs to accept what gasol says and move on. Or, peter edminston needs to not worry about whether Tyreke is changing his game due to Gasol. Both need to accept that Reke is here to play the way the grizzlies play, not the way Tyreke wants to play. His way is a losing way and he has proved that over many years in the league.

I think once Mike is somewhat healthy and Reke slides to 2-guard, the Grizz will start winning on a regular basis again. 

Just now, f-dizzle said:

I think once Mike is somewhat healthy and Reke slides to 2-guard, the Grizz will start winning on a regular basis again. 

I hope mike is not coming back too soon. I am willing to punt the season for a great draft pick. That's why I am willing to trade Tyreke. he does nothing for our future. The grizzlies need talent. A top pick and the grizzlies could be back sooner than later if we are able to keep marc.

1 hour ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

I doubt it. The dollar amount and the length of the contract are very  low. 25% of the season is in the books. So whoever trades for him will have to decide how much they want to give up for a guy who will play 55, 45 or 40 games for them and then bolt for FA. I don't see teams offering much, maybe a couple of second rounders and a trade exception. They have no reason to give up anything of value for such a short rental. With that being said, that's why I think he may be waived after the trade deadline and some team will pick him up off of waivers. He has no future with the Grizz. GM/Head Coach Gasol doesn't want him on the team so he's going to force Wallace to do something. 

I don't see that happening.

All good points.

Im almost to the point where I cant wait to see Gasol get the team he wants built around him so they can completely suck.

Looks like the Grizz are trying to do some damage control:

Interim coach J.B. Bickerstaff, who took over Nov. 27 after David Fizdale was fired, asked Evans to limit his one-on-one play and get more teammates involved.

Bickerstaff didn’t intend for Evans to stop shooting. Evans perhaps misinterpreted the message.

Either way, it took less than 24 hours for Bickerstaff and Evans to quickly get on the same page in terms of Evans’ role.

Also, the petition to fire Wallace is hilarious

Tyreke is the best value on the team.

He's a better version of Jamal Crawford from a few years ago.  Several playoff teams or teams in the East competing for playoffs would love to have him, even shortly.

9 hours ago, f-dizzle said:

I can see that happening too.   

I think Reke is going to stay in the starting lineup and the guys with minutes restrictions will go back to the bench (Parsons, Rio) where it is easier to manage that.      If Gasol really wants to prove he isn't coach killer then he will have to figure out how to coexist with Tyreke.    If they do figure it out then you add Mike to that mix and that is a team that can be pretty competitive.     

On 12/3/2017 at 7:59 AM, Notorious O.D.K. said:

I doubt it. The dollar amount and the length of the contract are very  low. 25% of the season is in the books. So whoever trades for him will have to decide how much they want to give up for a guy who will play 55, 45 or 40 games for them and then bolt for FA. I don't see teams offering much, maybe a couple of second rounders and a trade exception. They have no reason to give up anything of value for such a short rental. With that being said, that's why I think he may be waived after the trade deadline and some team will pick him up off of waivers. He has no future with the Grizz. GM/Head Coach Gasol doesn't want him on the team so he's going to force Wallace to do something. 

Clippers recently gave us a first rounder (albiet protected) for Jeff Green. Someone is always trying to add the little extra for their playoff push.

The dollar amount and length of the contract are exactly why I think he's valuable. Teams can take him on without much commitment and without taking much to make salaries match. By no means do I think we are getting a lottery pick for him. But a mid to late first rounder or a young player on a rookie deal are possible. Would Toronto give up Poeltl or Anunoby? Would Boston give us our pick back? Would the Knicks give up Hernangomez? Would Philly give up Holmes or Luwawu? Would the Pistons trade Kennard? Would Washington trade Oubre? All are young players who have shown some promise but are far from stars. Tyreke is individually better than each. So are those teams willing to give up a young guy to make sure they make the playoffs or help them go further? Very likely one of them is.

8 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Clippers recently gave us a first rounder (albiet protected) for Jeff Green. Someone is always trying to add the little extra for their playoff push.

The dollar amount and length of the contract are exactly why I think he's valuable. Teams can take him on without much commitment and without taking much to make salaries match. By no means do I think we are getting a lottery pick for him. But a mid to late first rounder or a young player on a rookie deal are possible. Would Toronto give up Poeltl or Anunoby? Would Boston give us our pick back? Would the Knicks give up Hernangomez? Would Philly give up Holmes or Luwawu? Would the Pistons trade Kennard? Would Washington trade Oubre? All are young players who have shown some promise but are far from stars. Tyreke is individually better than each. So are those teams willing to give up a young guy to make sure they make the playoffs or help them go further? Very likely one of them is.

Aaron Afflalo was traded for Evan Fournier then again for Will Barton in a deal like what you are talking about. Redick was traded for Tobias Harris.

Its out there, but you need a gm with foresight and a system that will allow the player to play and get up enough shots to produce. Unfortunately we have none of the first and maybe a little of the second, but you can always hope I guess.

On 12/3/2017 at 9:37 AM, f-dizzle said:

Spot on- 

If the Grizzlies are out of the playoff hunt, and if the Grizzlies don't think they are going to bring Tyreke back, then they should look to trade him.

Certainly, the "tank now" crowd can agree with that.  Tyreke has played very well and has been huge in the games that are won.  Get an asset in return for someone who is likely walking at the end of the year, IF healthy.

Personally, I hope he stays healthy, wants to be here, and hopefully the Grizzlies feel the same way. 

If he stays healthy, I wonder what his value we be on the free agent market next year. 

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

If the Grizzlies are out of the playoff hunt, and if the Grizzlies don't think they are going to bring Tyreke back, then they should look to trade him.

Certainly, the "tank now" crowd can agree with that.  Tyreke has played very well and has been huge in the games that are won.  Get an asset in return for someone who is likely walking at the end of the year, IF healthy.

Personally, I hope he stays healthy, wants to be here, and hopefully the Grizzlies feel the same way. 

If he stays healthy, I wonder what his value we be on the free agent market next year. 

I think it's safe to say that if Tyreke stays healthy, his value will be more than $9m. If so, the Grizz can't resign him. So unless we are in the playoff hunt, to keep him at the trade deadline would be absolute incompetence from the front office.

7 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I think it's safe to say that if Tyreke stays healthy, his value will be more than $9m. If so, the Grizz can't resign him. So unless we are in the playoff hunt, to keep him at the trade deadline would be absolute incompetence from the front office.

Sad but true.  Even sadder is the fact that not being able to resign him will be another direct result of the Parson's contract.   Just no room to keep him if we don't make a major trade.

18 minutes ago, lsugrizzfan said:

His value is more than 9 million, but most teams capped out and Tyreke isnt exactly a popular name these days. That is the only avenue to him accepting MLE. The losing isnt exactly helping him either with his past rep of being a loser that put up stats. I think its up in the air at this point.