Notorious O.D.K.

How Long before Tyreke is traded/waived?

How Long before Tyreke is traded/waived?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. How Long before Tyreke is traded/waived?

• Before 12/31/2017
    • After 12/31 but before trade deadline
    • He won't get traded but we won't re-sign him in the 2018 Off-season
    • What do you mean, we will re-sign in 2018. He's here for a long time

While scanning Twitter this morning, I noticed that Peter Edmiston made a strange comment to me:

As far as I can tell, Tyreke Evans never played a half of basketball in which he didn't take a shot - until tonight. And, if you go back and watch, it's all very strange. Super passive, several times giving the ball up when taking shots would have been much, much easier.

Then I see this story from Tillery:"Gasol now questioning team’s effort"

Evans didn’t even look to score in the first half of the Spurs game, going 15 minutes without a field goal attempt. He was uncharacteristically passive, and then quickly got dressed and exited the locker room.

it sounds to me like GM/Coach Gasol is now blaming Reke for all of the team's troubles. Let's not forget earlier this year, he criticized the team for playing selfish but then threw in they were allowed to be selfish. Gasol clearly got rid of Fizz due to this, i'm just wondering, how long before GM/Coach Gasol waives or trades Evans. They clearly are not on the same page and walking the ball up and passing it does not give Evans a chance to do what he does best. This marriage won't last long. Interestingly, last night I noticed Marc barking at Reke. Reke penetrated the lane and passed the ball to someone, can't remember who and they got fouled. As they showed the replay, i noticed in the back by the FT line Marc was all in Reke's face about something. I'm not sure what, it was a positive play. 

Yep I predicted this outcome earlier. Reke would be the next scapegoat for loser Marc, the role player with the superstar head. Then you heard GM Wallace say that we have two really strong players or something to that effect.

Bottom line their games dont mix and this organization is clearly picking Gasol first over anyone.

Doesn't matter. The odds of Reke making it to the all star break and not getting injured are remote.

I said it about a week ago that i didn't think tyreke liked gasol.    I'd bet tyreke thinks marc is soft and not worthy of respect just like i do and so many other grizz fans.

The grizz will continue the low scoring games until marc gasol is gone.   Everyone used to blame zbo and tony allen, but they are gone and the grizz still struggle to score points.

Tyreke has been one of the few bright spots this year.  Yeah, i know he goes solo a lot, but he is 48% from the field, 40% on 3's, 5 rebounds, 3.5 assists/ 2 turnovers. 

Meanwhile marc gasol  is shooting 41% from the field which is weak for a center.    30% on 3's, 9 rebounds, 4.2 assists/3 turnovers.  You would think the moron would know to shut up after his last comments about the team which led to more losing, tension between teammates and a coach being fired for doing the right thing with marc gasol. 

My explanation: Reke WILL NOT listen to anyone telling him to be unselfish. Either Marc or JB or both asked him to just think about passing occasionally, and he's sulking.

Other possibility: JB *asked* Reke to play just one half without shooting every time, to see if the game looks different when he isn't always looking for his shot.  It's not as if we were going to win that game anyway.   If this is it, we can't tell whether he's sulking - except for that quick exit after the game. 

Tonight we may see ... but more likely with the injuries it's "just go be yourself tonight, Reke, we'll talk after the game." 

Only way a healthy Tyreke stays through the trade deadline is if we are in the playoff hunt. If we aren't, he has to be traded. Failure to do so will further cement Wallace's station as the worst GM in the league. He has played his way out of what we are capable of paying and thus gone next year. If we aren't going to make the playoffs and need him, get something for him. He's cheap enough that we could get a decent player on a rookie contract or a pick.

We've needed a player like Tyreke at his position for the longest time. If Wallace goes n trades him after half a season he's more delusional‎ then I though.

41 minutes ago, cdp said:

We've needed a player like Tyreke at his position for the longest time. If Wallace goes n trades him after half a season he's more delusional‎ then I though.

He has gone ALL in with Gasol.   Without making a big trade (Mike or Marc or Parsons) we cannot afford him.  

2 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Only way a healthy Tyreke stays through the trade deadline is if we are in the playoff hunt. If we aren't, he has to be traded. Failure to do so will further cement Wallace's station as the worst GM in the league. He has played his way out of what we are capable of paying and thus gone next year. If we aren't going to make the playoffs and need him, get something for him. He's cheap enough that we could get a decent player on a rookie contract or a pick.

There's won't net us much because his contact is such a steal

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

He has gone ALL in with Gasol.   Without making a big trade (Mike or Marc or Parsons) we cannot afford him.  

I forgot we don't have his bird rights...still, they gotta find a way to keep him. He's the only FA I'd bring back other than maybe Chalmers if we can't find a better backup PG option.

37 minutes ago, cdp said:

I forgot we don't have his bird rights...still, they gotta find a way to keep him. He's the only FA I'd bring back other than maybe Chalmers if we can't find a better backup PG option.

Chalmers?

Are you been watching the last month?

14 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Chalmers?

Are you been watching the last month?

Unfortunately yes, yes I have. He's been doodoo when forced to start n play 25+ minutes but as a backup to Conley I don't think there's too many realistic, better options out there.

Between him or Harrison I'd say keep one n bring up Simmons as the 3rd guy next year.‎

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

NAH, he went all in with Conley. I doubt if he and Conley can co-exist.

Whether you agree or disagree with Marc's point of view, I still don't understand why Reke is insulated from criticism. Is it because he plays a brand of basketball you like or something? The facts are the grizzlies aren't winning and a lot of that is on Tyreke. Especially if he is the player you all seem to think he is.

Furthermore, I don't see why a thread like this even exists. Tyreke is only a role player who doesn't effect winning one way or the other. If the grizzlies can trade him for a first round pick, that would be ideal. And it is highly laughable that Tyreke wants out of Memphis, as if he is Lebron or something. The guy hasn't done squat to garner this much hero worship, except playing a style you all like.

C'mon Kevin, a guy that scores 31 (5/7 from 3) 12 asts, 7 rebs, and you wanna criticise this? If Marc did this and fellas here criticized him, you'd be on the front line launching a Panzer attack at them.

If you wanna look to criticising guys you should start with the biggest albatross contract in the history of the NBA - Chandler Parsons. Not only his contract, not only that he can only show up to play every second game, not only that he can only play 18mpg, even all these massives aside, what does he do to make this team better?

A: zero

The you could look at Wright, Martin, Chalmers, McLemore, Ennis (1/3 of the roster)

Then JaM for his inconsistency (because he can and should be putting in more games like this CAVS one - maybe the coaching is at fault here)

Then add the fools who constructed this roster since the beginning of 2016 - they should all be fired for their "vision"

I know you want to vent. We all do. But your facing the wrong direction

5 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

C'mon Kevin, a guy that scores 31 (5/7 from 3) 12 asts, 7 rebs, and you wanna criticise this? If Marc did this and fellas here criticized him, you'd be on the front line launching a Panzer attack at them.

If you wanna look to criticising guys you should start with the biggest albatross contract in the history of the NBA - Chandler Parsons. Not only his contract, not only that he can only show up to play every second game, not only that he can only play 18mpg, even all these massives aside, what does he do to make this team better?

The you could look at Wright, Martin, Chalmers, McLemore, Ennis (1/3 of the roster)

Then JaM for his inconsistency (because he can and should be putting in more games like this CAVS one - maybe the coaching is at fault here)

Then add the fools who constructed this roster since the beginning of 2016 - they should all be fired for their "vision"

The grizzlies are trying to beat teams with offense and they only have 2 players that can score, what do you expect? It's a joke. Besides, I was commenting on the edminston piece that said Tyreke was told not to play aggressively. The guy is getting to skate by but he isn't winning either, and then cam says that he is going to demand out of the grizzlies. Okay, bye. Don't let the door hit you were the good lord split you. 

8 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Whether you agree or disagree with Marc's point of view, I still don't understand why Reke is insulated from criticism. Is it because he plays a brand of basketball you like or something? The facts are the grizzlies aren't winning and a lot of that is on Tyreke. Especially if he is the player you all seem to think he is.

Furthermore, I don't see why a thread like this even exists. Tyreke is only a role player who doesn't effect winning one way or the other. If the grizzlies can trade him for a first round pick, that would be ideal. And it is highly laughable that Tyreke wants out of Memphis, as if he is Lebron or something. The guy hasn't done squat to garner this much hero worship, except playing a style you all like.

Who has ever stated that Reke is insulated from criticism? Who has gone on these boards and said "stop, you can't criticize Tyreke Evans"? I would like a long list of names of who has done that Kevin. Why are so many people on this board creating arguments that no one has said just so they can argue a point? You're trying to counterpoint something that has never been said. Also, where is the hero worship? Just because people don't want to slam him you are doing doesn't mean they are worshipping him, maybe they are reasonable  people who see that he is out there trying and understand he is on a 1 year $3.2 mil contract.

I agree with you wholeheartedly that Tyreke is a role player. I have said that since day 1. He is on a 1 year, $3.2 million contract. I fully expect that Wallace and team thought they would have waived him by now. They didn't expect anything out of him but now, he is second on the team in scoring and PER and third on the team in rebounding, assists and steals. This is the SEVENTH highest paid player on the team who is a bench player doing this. It's called value, Kevin. The guy is on a value contract and he is contributing to the team. He makes less than Brandan Wright and Ben McLemore and slightly more than James Ennis yet he is the third best player on the team as far as stats go. He is best utilized as a role playing sixth man scorer off of the bench. Tyeke has many flaws in his game, it's up to the coaching staff to get the most out of him in a good way. 

Your whole rambling doesn't make any sense. First you say you don't see why a thread like this exists (mighty rich coming from you btw) and then you say ideally we can trade him for a 1st round pick and then you say he's a role player that doesn't help teams win. Why would any team give up a 1st round pick to have a role player who wouldn't help them win? And that's exactly why i started the thread, because at most he will be on this team for the remainder of the year but I fully expect them to try and trade him (won't get much back) and if they don't by the trade deadline, I think this team will waive him before the end of the season. Not many teams will give up anything of value for a half a season rental making $3.2 mil. 

Lastly, you don't want him on the team but yet you criticize him for wanting out? Why are you all up in your feelings about Tyreke? Did he do something to you while in Memphis? Did he get with your girl or something? Even for you this seems to be some odd/weird obsession with hating on Tyreke.

14 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I wonder if Tyreke has enough value to get our pick back from Boston.

I doubt it. The dollar amount and the length of the contract are very  low. 25% of the season is in the books. So whoever trades for him will have to decide how much they want to give up for a guy who will play 55, 45 or 40 games for them and then bolt for FA. I don't see teams offering much, maybe a couple of second rounders and a trade exception. They have no reason to give up anything of value for such a short rental. With that being said, that's why I think he may be waived after the trade deadline and some team will pick him up off of waivers. He has no future with the Grizz. GM/Head Coach Gasol doesn't want him on the team so he's going to force Wallace to do something. 

10 hours ago, memgrizzlies321 said:

Tyreke can be our franchise player.  I see a lot of James Harden in him.

I don't see that happening.

7 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

All good points.

16 hours ago, GF#1 said:

Don't know if I see Wallace bailing on his prized FA acquisition.

I don't think he was Wallace's prized FA acquisition, I think McLemore was. He gave a bigger commitment to McLemore (more years, more money). i truthfully and honestly believe that Wallace brought Reke in as a PR stunt because of name recognition/familiarity and was going to waive him before the season  started. Same with Chalmers.