bobblybook1

is the worth it to tank

36 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

Trade Marc now, his value is already down, but I believe we can get a Greg Monroe + 1st round pick for Suns.

Get Parsons out your capsalary, at least part of his salary. Draft a wing and a center with the top picks we have.

MC/Harrison/Simmons

Mclemore/Selden 

Pick/Brooks

Jam/Martin/Rabb

Pick/Davis

Sign some veterans that will fit around these guys, if we could retain Tyreke in special and Monroe would be great. Maybe a Jeff Green for the right price.

Why would the Suns do that? lol Doesn't make any sense for a rebuilding team to trade for a 33 year old veteran pivot.

Keep in mind, we can only trade Marc to a contender/a team who wants to be a contender. That's where his value is.

I would also keep Parsons. After this year, he only has two years left of his contract. We would be rebuilding, so no biggie. Keep him til his final year. He will get value as an expiring.

3 hours ago, Once_a_hater said:

Trade Marc now, his value is already down, but I believe we can get a Greg Monroe + 1st round pick for Suns.

Get Parsons out your capsalary, at least part of his salary. Draft a wing and a center with the top picks we have.

MC/Harrison/Simmons

Mclemore/Selden 

Pick/Brooks

Jam/Martin/Rabb

Pick/Davis

Sign some veterans that will fit around these guys, if we could retain Tyreke in special and Monroe would be great. Maybe a Jeff Green for the right price.

That is a lot of leaps of faith.

Again, there is no reason for a (re)building team to take on Marc Gasol at this point.

9 hours ago, JWill4L said:

Why would the Suns do that? lol Doesn't make any sense for a rebuilding team to trade for a 33 year old veteran pivot.

Keep in mind, we can only trade Marc to a contender/a team who wants to be a contender. That's where his value is.

I would also keep Parsons. After this year, he only has two years left of his contract. We would be rebuilding, so no biggie. Keep him til his final year. He will get value as an expiring.

6 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

That is a lot of leaps of faith.

Again, there is no reason for a (re)building team to take on Marc Gasol at this point.

Maybe Tyson Chandler instead and some other salary. 

Trade Marc? Yes. But only to a place where you can draft picks back in place, primarily first round picks. 

In addition, trade Tyreeke and see what you can do. He's value is actually high because he has the capability to get 20+ a night and he's only worth $3.3 Mil or something like that. However, he is not that valuable because of his injury history and he will finished.

Trade Marc this year and try to trade Conley next year. The good news is that after this season, Gasol's and Parsons' contract will be on the back nine. 

On 12/9/2017 at 5:32 AM, SC Grizz said:

Even though it may not be intentional we are "tanking" the season.

That's what I've been saying. 

Whether we're tanking on purpose or not, the results are the same. 

We'll see when Conley returns. 

Sure would suck to get the last non-lottery playoff slot and then get swept.

Again. 

I think we should tank all the way. It would be very very unwise to try to win this season and end up missing the playoffs and get a pick in the 8-12 range. What I think we should do is to trade Marc and try to get another 1st round pick or some young talent. Cleveland is an obvious trade partner with Thompson and the Nets' pick. Bucks may also be interested and they have Parker and Maker who may be available. We also need to trade Tyreke for whatever value we can get before we lose him for nothing in FA. I think maybe we can get a late first or a good young player. In reality, Wallace won't do that because all he is trying to do is to save his job. We need changes, and more specifically we need a new FO. Right now the only way this will happen is a change in ownership. 

Everyone does realize there is a lottery right?