LuvThem Grizzlies

I think the Grizz should go after Okafor

5 hours ago, TimBC said:

Like #7 pick Ben McLemore? 

I still think Ben Mclemore can be a solid NBA rotation player.   Outside of Tyreke our SG situation has turned into a forest fire.    I am not ready to give up on him unless we get something better in return.   He is the only guy on our roster that is a real legit catch and shoot guy.  His athleticism gives him a ceiling hire if he ever puts it all together.     

If we are becoming the Memphis Gasols then we need a guy on the wing like him that can legit space the floor.   I am not ready to close the book on him just yet.   Guys like him, Andrew, and Ennis need definitive roles and confidence instilled in them in order for them to be productive.   Maybe JB is the one that can do that.   

On topic.   If they want to trade Wright or Martin for Okafor i am all for that.    Gotta be ready for life without Gasol cuz sooner or later he gonna request out.  

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

For fun, I just tried Wright for Okafor on Trade Machine.  It said the Grizzlies would be -6 wins and the '76ers record not affected.:lol:

Well, I traded Parsons, Ennis, Martin and Harrison for Luhhbrunnnn Jayymes and he would only give us 3 more wins. On the flip side, Cleveland loses 18 more games. 

Let's just say that trade machine may not be the best predictor of reality. 

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I still think Ben Mclemore can be a solid NBA rotation player.   Outside of Tyreke our SG situation has turned into a forest fire.    I am not ready to give up on him unless we get something better in return.   He is the only guy on our roster that is a real legit catch and shoot guy.  His athleticism gives him a ceiling hire if he ever puts it all together.     

If we are becoming the Memphis Gasols then we need a guy on the wing like him that can legit space the floor.   I am not ready to close the book on him just yet.   Guys like him, Andrew, and Ennis need definitive roles and confidence instilled in them in order for them to be productive.   Maybe JB is the one that can do that.   

On topic.   If they want to trade Wright or Martin for Okafor i am all for that.    Gotta be ready for life without Gasol cuz sooner or later he gonna request out.  

His defense is worse than TAs offense ever was.

10 hours ago, f-dizzle said:

Wright for Okafor. Why won't we at least try. Throw in a conditional 2nd round pick or cash considerations. 

Why do you believe conversations such as this haven't been made? 

28 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Because Okafor trade value is close to zero.

46 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

If they were to get him and Tyreke continues to play the way he is, where are you going to come up with the money to keep both of them? Of course I guess you could still play for this year and see how things go.

53 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

7 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

If they were to get him and Tyreke continues to play the way he is, where are you going to come up with the money to keep both of them? Of course I guess you could still play for this year and see how things go.

Whenever I ask you a question you can't answer you switch the topic to something else entirely. 

8 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Whenever I ask you a question you can't answer you switch the topic to something else entirely. 

Stop asking the questions then.

Just now, Dwash said:

Stop asking the questions then.

:lol:

2 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Unless Tyreke wants to sign for the MLE or less, we can't keep him anyways. If you trade for Okafor, you also trade for his Bird rights, meaning you can sign him for whatever amount you want. However, unless he blew up here, I doubt it would take much to sign Okafor this offseason. 

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I could've/would've answered but I didn't think it was a question, just a retorical remark. Well, Wallace hasn't informed me yet that the Grizz was working on it. JAJAJAJA In case you don't know, that Spanish for HAHAHAHA or maybe it is JAJAJAJA. I didn't take Spanish in school, I had enough trouble with English, especially English Lit.

However I thought I might have answered my own Q, that they couldn't keep Tyreke and Okafor both unless they were able to dump Conley. I'm sure KBM could give 10 teams that would love to have him

2 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

Unless Tyreke wants to sign for the MLE or less, we can't keep him anyways. If you trade for Okafor, you also trade for his Bird rights, meaning you can sign him for whatever amount you want. However, unless he blew up here, I doubt it would take much to sign Okafor this offseason. 

I think he is a 4M man now. How much does Wright make?

Why did you link a post f dizzle made and 1 I made in your post?  And then reply to my post?

5 hours ago, chipc3 said:

4 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

•  
15 hours ago, f-dizzle said:

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Why did you link a post f dizzle made and 1 I made in your post?  And then reply to my post?

I responded to a quote F-Dizzle made. Then you quoted my response and then went off on a completely different tangent. I just included my original comment so you can see how strange your response was. 

Why is that so hard to understand? 

I was just trying to say they knew or didn't think they could come up with the necessary funds to make it happen and that was why there was no need to contact Philly, can't you read between the lines or you still peeved about that bet? ;)

Next time we eat barbecue how about Corky's?

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

I responded to a quote F-Dizzle made. Then you quoted my response and then went off on a completely different tangent. I just included my original comment so you can see how strange your response was. 

Why is that so hard to understand? 

How do we know that they've tried? Okafor can't be any worse than what we got backing up Gasol.