New_Sacred_Cow

David Fizdale Fired.

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Bickerstaff has more coaching experience than Fiz doesn't he?   I do not like it because it signals that they actually believe they have a roster that can compete.   Wallace will be in super desperation mode to prove that firing Fizz was the right move that he will go all in on pushing for playoff spot.   

Be ready to see Rabb and Brooks traded to pick up Joe Johnson from Utah. 

Omg that would be bad if they switched directions and starting buying vets again. So bad.

Franchise is totally a dumpster fire, this is rock bottom as far as I'm concerned.  Inflated egos for a **** GM and a mediocre player as your star have officially crashed this ship.

Fiz believer or not, who gets fired while missing their BEST player? Fizdale is a symptom of two arrogant idiots (Wallace & Gasol). 

Whether you have lost faith in him this year, Fizdale brought us to our absolute highest height since WCF imo when we had Zbo off the bench, Conley unleashed (thanks to Fiz), Gasol at his absolute best (thanks to Fiz begging), and everyone playing to their strengths.

This front office is a joke an they need to realize how arrogant they've gotten.

17 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

What does that have to do with the talent deficit that this team had? How many coaches could win with this trash a$$ roster? They sat him up for failure. Wallace is a constant to all of the chaos, coaching changes, players, etc. Wallace needs to go. He has done a horrible job.

Even that horrid, injury riddled 2015-16 roster didn't lose 8 in a row or only win 2 of 13 games.

This team would have lost 12 in a row with Fizdale in charge (and still probably will).

26 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

He benched Marc for playing like crap then gets fired the next day??? Marc ain’t good enough to be getting anybody fired he is a joke 

Right, Memphis is so embarrassing.. Acting like Marc Gasol is prime LeBron lol.

Just now, guillermo said:

didn't LeBron get his last coach fired the one before tyrone lue? the greek dude.

Lebron can do whatever the hell he **** well wants to. Gasol isn't in the same stratosphere as Lebron to be making demands, if in fact that's what happened and all indications seem to point in that direction.

This is just baffling to me. The team had an entire year to examine what Fizdale did in his first season, and they came to the decision to dive head first and fully embrace it. Didn't retain Randolph. Didn't retain TA. Didn't retain Carter. Signed/drafted players with what little resources it had to attempt to accommodate Fizdale and what he was trying to do. And this is the conclusion after 19 games?

There is absolutely zero structure and zero accountability for anyone in this organization. Firing Fizdale was the easy way out.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the team do a little better because I think Gasol has been half-assing it. He's such a cancer. Should have traded him after the playoff series against the Spurs.

Hah wild!  I figured it was at the end of this 14 game losing streak we have on the way that we'd see the action but they jumped on it now. 

My guess is that Fizz told someone who signs the checks something that they didn't want to hear and would not back off of it and it cost him his job.  Hard to say exactly what that was but there are some obvious low hanging fruit to choose from.

Gasol is such an *******.  More than likely been half assing it to spite Fizdale and get him canned and will now start dominating again and say I told you so type of Diva.

50 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

I'm not a Fizz fan and was critical of him but seriously, this team had little talent. I'm not sure what they expected him to do with this roster especially with the injuries. Martin and Harrison shouldn't even be in the NBA and Chalmers is a 3rd stringer at best these days. They set him up for failure and he was the fall guy. My anti Gasol and anti Wallace antennas just went way up due to this.

Time to call up John Gruden I guess 

fizz set him self up for failure...he is the one that wanted chalmers he is the one that want ta and zbo gone...and it not the record its the quality of performance...we aren't even competitive in most games during this loosing streak

3 minutes ago, JWill4L said:

Okay, it's Deyonta Davis. But this ain't looking good.

Jeez, even the current active players are tweeting out?? Yikes.

3 minutes ago, JWill4L said:

Okay, it's Deyonta Davis. But this ain't looking good.

I bet most of the young players respected him. And Conley. And Tyreke. Basically, everyone but big softie.

55 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Last 3 coaching situations:

1. Lionel was most successful coach in franchise history - unceremoniously not retained at end of cheap contract
  2. Joerger status quo from what Lionel built.  Basically begged to get fired before Wallace let him go so he could go to another gig.
  3. Fizdale hired to change culture of team and given broken parts to accomplish task then abruptly dismissed barely over a year into tenure because one (known diva) star player didn't get along with him. 

to respond to your 3rd quote...first off fizz wasn't hired to CHANGE the culture...we already had one that produced wins (GNG) he was brought in to add championship knowledge to it..secondly our BROKEN parts (chalmers,parsons,evans) have been pretty heatlhy...and last but not least....I LUV THE FACT GASOL (MAYHAVE) PULLED A LEBRON ON FIZZDALE...take that for data.

5 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I bet most of the young players respected him. And Conley. And Tyreke. Basically, everyone but big softie.

From what it appeared everyone loved Fizdale except Gasoft and maybe Zbo.

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Guess we miscalculated on what Marc would demand.   Now it appears to be that he said to FO it is either Him or Me.   

Two old sport addages that will always hold true:

1. When there is a problem between the Coach and a "star" player - the coach ALWAYS gets fired first.

2. When it comes to inflowing revenue (bums on seats, jersey sales, endorsements), management will always protect that investment, and all moves are done to do so. Obviously Marc is viewed as a more significant piece in protecting that revenue

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Fastbreak Breakfast NBA Podcast‏ @fastbreakbreak

UPDATE: last summer the #Grizzlies hired David Fizdale, gave Chandler Parsons a max, drafted Wade Baldwin and traded the 2019 LAC 1st for Rade Zagorac and Deyonta Davis

But Fizdale should be fired tho. 

Honestly, its time to fire Wallace, especially after the Parsons signing - that has proved to be an absolute debacle