New_Sacred_Cow

David Fizdale Fired.

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Fastbreak Breakfast NBA Podcast‏ @fastbreakbreak

UPDATE: last summer the #Grizzlies hired David Fizdale, gave Chandler Parsons a max, drafted Wade Baldwin and traded the 2019 LAC 1st for Rade Zagorac and Deyonta Davis

But Fizdale should be fired tho. 

Exactly, Wallace must have some tapes on somebody

He shouldda been gone a long time ago.

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Last 3 coaching situations:

1. Lionel was most successful coach in franchise history - unceremoniously not retained at end of cheap contract
  2. Joerger status quo from what Lionel built.  Basically begged to get fired before Wallace let him go so he could go to another gig.
  3. Fizdale hired to change culture of team and given broken parts to accomplish task then abruptly dismissed barely over a year into tenure because one (known diva) star player didn't get along with him. 

If Fizdale can't handle a supposed diva star, what NBA team is he going to be able to coach?

He benched Marc for playing like crap then gets fired the next day??? Marc ain’t good enough to be getting anybody fired he is a joke 

7 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Look, it may have been Marc, or maybe it wasn't.

The fact is this team that was to be formed in Fizdale's image has lost 8 in a row (going on 12), and constantly underperformed against subpar talent.  

This is the worst this team has looked since 09.

So Fizdale told wallace to sign "no knees Parsons",  Harrison, JMart, Max injury-prone Mike,  Ben McLemore,  and gimpy Chalmers.    Yep Fiz hand picked all these guys.  

2 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

What this tells me is that pera isn't done with Marc and Mike. Fizdale threw down the gauntlet, him or me. And pera chose Marc.

That's interesting. Listening to local radio and looking at so I'll media, it sounds like Marc was the one who threw down the gauntlet

1 minute ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

That's interesting. Listening to local radio and looking at so I'll media, it sounds like Marc was the one who threw down the gauntlet

See the source image

7 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

If Fizdale can't handle a supposed diva star, what NBA team is he going to be able to coach?

What does that have to do with the talent deficit that this team had? How many coaches could win with this trash a$$ roster? They sat him up for failure. Wallace is a constant to all of the chaos, coaching changes, players, etc. Wallace needs to go. He has done a horrible job.

5 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

He benched Marc for playing like crap then gets fired the next day??? Marc ain’t good enough to be getting anybody fired he is a joke 

Oh at this point for real if Marc gets traded i will shed zero tears.   I have said since the summer that Mike was the one guy that's easiest and most pliable player to build with.  

Im starting to like this the more I think about it. Just wipes out another excuse.for this garbabe roster that anyone with sense can see is built to be mediocre at best.

34 minutes ago, guillermo said:

marc mustve got on the phone with Pera and was all like "Fizz got to go"

Nah - it was KBM. 

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

Im starting to like this the more I think about it. Just wipes out another excuse.for this garbabe roster that anyone with sense can see is built to be mediocre at best.

Bickerstaff has more coaching experience than Fiz doesn't he?   I do not like it because it signals that they actually believe they have a roster that can compete.   Wallace will be in super desperation mode to prove that firing Fizz was the right move that he will go all in on pushing for playoff spot.   

Be ready to see Rabb and Brooks traded to pick up Joe Johnson from Utah. 

I'd like to see Wallace or someone step up and explain how this is going to solve anything.

Bickerstaff? Makes sense - they only have to give him a raise. Fizdale probably gets a nice payout one way or another, 
and a name coach is going to cost. Not to mentio, which big-name coach would want this roster? 

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

Be ready to see Rabb and Brooks traded to pick up Joe Johnson from Utah. 

I think they'd want to go to someone older, and with more injury history.
Maybe dress Van Exel?   Bring back Iverson? 

Team has looked like a streetball team with zero identity lately. I was never a fan of the Fizz hire. Good luck to him though, I think he is a great assistant coach.

and PS- F labron James. Manage your own team bro

15 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

The local media is going to always side against gng.

14 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

So Fizdale told wallace to sign "no knees Parsons",  Harrison, JMart, Max injury-prone Mike,  Ben McLemore,  and gimpy Chalmers.    Yep Fiz hand picked all these guys.  

A lot of those guys were on the team that won 43 games last year and made the playoffs.

Depending on what you think of Zach, Tony and Vince, this team may have had more talent, but just lost 8 in a row, and 11 of the last 13.

And a lot of those games didn't look that close.