New_Sacred_Cow

David Fizdale Fired.

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Guess we miscalculated on what Marc would demand.   Now it appears to be that he said to FO it is either Him or Me.   

Well we can't have him demanding trades, killing his value, so I guess they did right.

Not disagreeing with any comments.....but I couldn't stand him. Yes, others should go too.

2 minutes ago, Jetfixer said:

Not disagreeing with any comments.....but I couldn't stand him. Yes, others should go too.

I agree with this.  I haven't seen much from Fiz to show that he could elevate this team.  And CW should be kicked to the curb immediately

Just now, Dwash said:

Well we can't have him demanding trades, killing his value, so I guess they did right.

He aint' getting traded as long as Pera owner and Wallace is GM.   

They are gonna gut out some wins under JB and like IIWII said - rush Conley back to eek out some more wins. 

4 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

What are the chances that we are talking to Lionel right now?

I wouldn't be surprised.

Fastbreak Breakfast NBA Podcast‏ @fastbreakbreak

UPDATE: last summer the #Grizzlies hired David Fizdale, gave Chandler Parsons a max, drafted Wade Baldwin and traded the 2019 LAC 1st for Rade Zagorac and Deyonta Davis

But Fizdale should be fired tho. 

Look, it may have been Marc, or maybe it wasn't.

The fact is this team that was to be formed in Fizdale's image has lost 8 in a row (going on 12), and constantly underperformed against subpar talent.  

This is the worst this team has looked since 09.

When I first saw this I thought "Wtf, that is crazy!", but it kinda makes sense. The team was not playing good ball and it went beyond the talent level. No identity on offense and serious lack of motivation on both ends. 

I'm not a Fizz fan and was critical of him but seriously, this team had little talent. I'm not sure what they expected him to do with this roster especially with the injuries. Martin and Harrison shouldn't even be in the NBA and Chalmers is a 3rd stringer at best these days. They set him up for failure and he was the fall guy. My anti Gasol and anti Wallace antennas just went way up due to this.

Time to call up John Gruden I guess 

Just now, Kevin B Moses said:

I'm in tears!!!!! I am so freakin happy!

I like to think you actually fell to your knees and burst into tears.

1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I'm in tears!!!!! I am so freakin happy!

I'm sure you are. So what's your solution for a new coach?

Last 3 coaching situations:

1. Lionel was most successful coach in franchise history - unceremoniously not retained at end of cheap contract
  2. Joerger status quo from what Lionel built.  Basically begged to get fired before Wallace let him go so he could go to another gig.
  3. Fizdale hired to change culture of team and given broken parts to accomplish task then abruptly dismissed barely over a year into tenure because one (known diva) star player didn't get along with him.