Kevin B Moses

The grizzlies have 6 good players and no coach

In my mind the grizzlies have 6 good to great players. They are as follows: jam green. Parsons. Marc. Mike. Dillon. Tyreke.

All these players could start on most teams.

The problem is the coach. If we had Jeff Van Gundy, I'd feel more comfortable. I'd love to have Fizdale as an assistant, but he is not a head coach. He is not going to be able to go up against pop and beat him, even though the grizzlies top 6 is better than the Spurs top 6.

The grizzlies look like a team with no identity, which is what they are.

I might be inclined to trade tyreke to a contender at the deadline for a return.

The grizzlies need a backup point guard and another rebounder. A first round pick and Faried for tyreke and wright would be amazing. Then we fire Fizdale and hire Van Gundy.

C'mon, say it: your problem with Fiz is that he's not Hollins.

You scrag the coach then list roster problems, not even including that our top player's been hurt all season. 

Keep stirring.

4 minutes ago, TimBC said:

You scrag the coach then list roster problems, not even including that our top player's been hurt all season. 

Keep stirring.

I've seen two terrible plays to lose games. The Ennis curl: seriously who gives a boarder line role player the ball to win the game, and the other night when they shot 3 threes to lose the game when all they needed was a 2.

Then continuing to start Rio who has cost us games, literally when he slowed down trying to draw a foul and his poor shooting. Is it because he and Rio are friends? Nepotism.

Fizz is not ready for this job.

1 hour ago, TimBC said:

Keep stirring.

BINGO!!  Plus they waived Wade and didn't resign The old guys. 

Butthurtness at its finest on full display.   

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

BINGO!!  Plus they waived Wade and didn't resign The old guys. 

Butthurtness at its finest on full display.   

Yup, that's what I am

Lol what? Fiz is probably the best part of the current Griz.  He finds a way to play to everyone strengths including typical role players and guys who struggled elsewhere like Reke.

4 minutes ago, Memfizz said:

Lol what? Fiz is probably the best part of the current Griz.  He finds a way to play to everyone strengths including typical role players and guys who struggled elsewhere like Reke.

Reke is what he has been his whole career. Fizz has cost the grizzlies at least 2 games this year. In addition to his teams always playing down their competition.

The best thing about this season is Dillon Brooks. He has moved to 6th on CBS sports rookie rankings.

Reke dogs every close game. And living and dying by his bad decisions is why the grizzlies are under .500

5 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

In my mind the grizzlies have 6 good to great players. They are as follows: jam green. Parsons. Marc. Mike. Dillon. Tyreke.

All these players could start on most teams.

The problem is the coach. If we had Jeff Van Gundy, I'd feel more comfortable. I'd love to have Fizdale as an assistant, but he is not a head coach. He is not going to be able to go up against pop and beat him, even though the grizzlies top 6 is better than the Spurs top 6.

The grizzlies look like a team with no identity, which is what they are.

I might be inclined to trade tyreke to a contender at the deadline for a return.

The grizzlies need a backup point guard and another rebounder. A first round pick and Faried for tyreke and wright would be amazing. Then we fire Fizdale and hire Van Gundy.

I agree with the first half, not so sure about the second half.

The first half is the all she wrote. 6 good players (one of which is now injured) is just not enough for a team to be a big threat.

46 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Reke is what he has been his whole career. Fizz has cost the grizzlies at least 2 games this year. In addition to his teams always playing down their competition.

The best thing about this season is Dillon Brooks. He has moved to 6th on CBS sports rookie rankings.

Reke dogs every close game. And living and dying by his bad decisions is why the grizzlies are under .500

What are you even talking about? You're like 100% off here.  Grizzles have ALWAYS played down to the competition.. Long before Fiz came along.

Reke is clearly playing his best in a long time.  After Sacramento, get kind of fell off the map. You have to credit Fix/our system at least a little bit for catering to his strengths again.

Yes, Dillon Brooks, another guy who would be rotting on the bench on a short leash under Dave Joerger guaranteed. Thank you Fiz, thanks for always finding gems in our team the in the past would have been shipped to another team to excel there.

Reke struggling in the clutch isn't something you can pin on the coach this early.  Have to give him some chances before pulling the plug.

I would add Ennis to the good players list. He just isnt starter quality. Jam and Ennis are bench players on a title contender

1 hour ago, grizzgolf said:

What's our Identity? 

We're only 1 month into the season

9 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I've seen two terrible plays to lose games. The Ennis curl: seriously who gives a boarder line role player the ball to win the game, and the other night when they shot 3 threes to lose the game when all they needed was a 2.

Then continuing to start Rio who has cost us games, literally when he slowed down trying to draw a foul and his poor shooting. Is it because he and Rio are friends? Nepotism.

Fizz is not ready for this job.

What makes you think that Fiz told them to shoot threes?

^^^ he probably didnt but he needs to blast a few of these, I get it when KBM says we just needed to get the 2, like we did with Zach. Jacking 3s when we are not good shooting team from outside is lazy and not intelligent 

16 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

He is not going to be able to go up against pop and beat him, even though the grizzlies top 6 is better than the Spurs top 6.

wait ... what ?

4 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

wait ... what ?

Toke, welcome back, we been wondering about you, hope all is well

I'm frustrated with the coaching BUT Fizdale is developing players that wouldn't have seen the light of day under the previous coach and keeping the team in playoff contention so...

This post is way off!  Fizdale is actually doing a good job.  My main gripe was that its time to play Parsons more minutes and actually run plays for him but he may not be ready for that role just yet.  This team is going to be alright.  They are in good hands and the players have obviously bought in to the coach's philosophy so it doesn't even matter what you or anyone else thinks.

Someone check to make sure KBM is on his meds. His bipolar reactions to a long season are starting to hit extreme levels. 

I do think they need a shakeup somewhere.

Think they have some good pieces and have some versatility, but they need another veteran big and wouldn't mind a lengthy defender. A shooter would also be nice, but that may be a steeper cost.

Wonder if they could get Hollis-Jefferson/Zeller from Nets for not much. Or some combination of Nwaba/Portis/Mirotic/Felcio from CHIC. Or Anthony Tolliver/Langston Galloway from the Pistons for not that much either. You get the drift - a swap of some of our bench for another team's bench, but the need is a vet big and rangy, defensive wing for the Grizz.

Mostly - the defense has to be shored up. Sure there are offense lulls, but they haven't played a good game defensively in weeks.

As we watch the Portland game, would anyone vote to amend the count of good players? 

Fractions are allowed, in case you feel the number is smaller than one.