oldmanGrizz

Conley out at least 2 weeks

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

That would be best case -scenario if we can't get a solid pick.    Who qualifies for a second look tho?  We already have Ben McLemore and that isn't playing out like we hoped.  

ORL - Terrence Ross?

MIL - broken Jabari?

TOR - Powell?

WAS - Oubre?

No

No

Possibly

Yes, but they won't trade him.

Good and Bad thing 1. were not going to make the play-off 2. mike will give more win and we will fall down into the draft 

I want the grizzlies get into the top 3 in the daft .we need a big time scoring wing

I say we finish no worse than 6th.....

there are six franchise altering players in the draft -  Bagley, Doncic, Ayton, Bamba, Young and Porter

teams picking ahead of us need size so for sure Ayton and Bagley, and probably Bamba are taken before #6....Doncic should go top 3

The Magic LOVE Trae Young.....so that leaves us with a better than decent shot at Porter

3 minutes ago, nwagrizzfan said:

I say we finish no worse than 6th.....

there are six franchise altering players in the draft -  Bagley, Doncic, Ayton, Bamba, Young and Porter

teams picking ahead of us need size so for sure Ayton and Bagley, and probably Bamba are taken before #6....Doncic should go top 3

The Magic LOVE Trae Young.....so that leaves us with a better than decent shot at Porter

Young will not be even close to as good as Mike was/is. Bamba won't be as good as Marc. I like porter and Doncic, but neither of them are possible kobe or magic johnson.

I like porter, but let's be realistic. I also think Jaren Jackson is the best player in the draft, which as soon as I say that, he is instantly hated on the boards by association.  Antyon don't play defense, and bagley looks real good in college.

If I had to pick one guy that has the most potential to be a franchise player it would be porter, because of his prototypical build. But still he could easily just be a demar derozan type as well. I like Doncic, but again the Ricky Rubio comparison will dog him and I am leery of that type of player. He needs to have elite athletic ability to go along with those passing skills amd a really great shot as well.

Bamba is probably a can't miss defender and rebounder, but I am not thrilled with getting the next deandre Jordan on the team. 

4 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Young will not be even close to as good as Mike was/is. Bamba won't be as good as Marc. I like porter and Doncic, but neither of them are possible kobe or magic johnson.

I like porter, but let's be realistic. I also think Jaren Jackson is the best player in the draft, which as soon as I say that, he is instantly hated on the boards by association.  Antyon don't play defense, and bagley looks real good in college.

If I had to pick one guy that has the most potential to be a franchise player it would be porter, because of his prototypical build. But still he could easily just be a demar derozan type as well. I like Doncic, but again the Ricky Rubio comparison will dog him and I am leery of that type of player. He needs to have elite athletic ability to go along with those passing skills amd a really great shot as well.

Bamba is probably a can't miss defender and rebounder, but I am not thrilled with getting the next deandre Jordan on the team. 

Mike onleyndidnt avg 28pts 9 assists a game in illegal his freshman year either. If you draft Trae Young you get rid of mike inlet ASAP 

24 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Mike onleyndidnt avg 28pts 9 assists a game in illegal his freshman year either. If you draft Trae Young you get rid of mike inlet ASAP 

lol, okay. Neither did Magic Johnson. Or John Stockton. So I guess he's better than those guys too. lol. 

36 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

lol, okay. Neither did Magic Johnson. Or John Stockton. So I guess he's better than those guys too. lol. 

The point it that this kid is special. And far more talented than Mike Conley. 

1 hour ago, guillermo said:

trae reminds me of a mix/hybrid- Conley and Steph Curry

I wouldn't hesitate to draft him if he's available 

Im mot sure how you see Conley cause he can actually pass.

18 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Im mot sure how you see Conley cause he can actually pass.

his shiftiness, quickness, nimbleness, handles, frame.

On 1/2/2018 at 2:10 AM, guillermo said:

trae reminds me of a mix/hybrid- Conley and Steph Curry

I wouldn't hesitate to draft him if he's available 

He's a taller Shane Larkin

Conley is to fragile. He cannot stay healthy. He is getting older and will continue to physically decline.

7 hours ago, scooter said:

Conley is to fragile. He cannot stay healthy. He is getting older and will continue to physically decline.

So is James Harden, apparently. So is Steph Curry, and Chris Paul. Not one of these players have escaped the injury bug this year. But you know who has: Tyreke Evans and Marc Gasol.

Injuries are for the most part freak. 

Mike has played more percentage of his games than Curry. Fact. But keep up the myth.

8 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

So is James Harden, apparently. So is Steph Curry, and Chris Paul. Not one of these players have escaped the injury bug this year. But you know who has: Tyreke Evans and Marc Gasol.

Mike has played more percentage of his games than Curry. Fact. But keep up the myth.

Conley has had this achilles thing for a couple years now. Nothing freak about it.

He's just a smallish 10 year vet that is starting to wear down

40 minutes ago, Allen said:

Conley has had this achilles thing for a couple years now. Nothing freak about it.

He's just a smallish 10 year vet that is starting to wear down

And he still played more games percentage-wise than Steph Curry. So there's that.

And Tyreke Evans who has a history of injuries has been injury-free this season.

I'm not sure what the smallest has to do with anything except to take a dig Mike Conley.

He has been nothing but a fantastic player over the years.

13 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Hold on to that acorn you got a while back, BLIND SQUIRREL.