oldmanGrizz

Conley out at least 2 weeks

Three weeks ago, I said sit him for a couple of weeks. Well, here we are now, 3 weeks later. I find it hard to believe that none of the trainers, medical staff nor coaches saw what i saw weeks ago. Once again with teh Grizz, you ain't injured until something snaps, crackles or pops. 

On 11/19/2017 at 11:36 PM, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Three weeks ago, I said sit him for a couple of weeks. Well, here we are now, 3 weeks later. I find it hard to believe that none of the trainers, medical staff nor coaches saw what i saw weeks ago. Once again with teh Grizz, you ain't injured until something snaps, crackles or pops. 

Or maybe they're still thinking he's the Mike Conley of old. 

And with that, I think I have to change my name here. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I think I heard on the radio that he is out 2 or 3 more weeks.

This will be a tough stretch

Yup.

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

I think I heard on the radio that he is out 2 or 3 more weeks.

This will be a tough stretch

That is honestly the best news we could have gotten. The team will be like 10+ games under .500 when he comes back and there will be no reason to even bring him back

2 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

150 million dollars are going down the drain because Conley' got a strain

What about the $94 mil already poured down the gurgler?

Reports lately had said mike conley was back to light workouts, etc.

Today, it's being announced mike conley will miss at least 2 to 3 more weeks before the next evaluation. 

No matter the pic of chris wallace on the front of the CA today saying " the season is not lost".  All i can say is ***** please.

I'm with everyone else.  Just sit mike conley for the rest of the season.  It's over this year.  Go for the draft pick.  Try to make some trades.  Start preparing for next year.

10 minutes ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

Reports lately had said mike conley was back to light workouts, etc.

Today, it's being announced mike conley will miss at least 2 to 3 more weeks before the next evaluation. 

No matter the pic of chris wallace on the front of the CA today saying " the season is not lost".  All i can say is ***** please.

I'm with everyone else.  Just sit mike conley for the rest of the season.  It's over this year.  Go for the draft pick.  Try to make some trades.  Start preparing for next year.

I’m with you. 

You can't continue with this current direction which is hanging on to a team that is done.  The foundation of this team is just not good enough.   The only thing that could save it is to hit gold in the next lottery and get a player better than mike or marc.   I'm fine with them trading anyone on the team for the right return.   I personally think mike and marc need to be split up.  Maybe see if someone will take marc gasol and chandler parsons as a package or in a multiple team trade?

However, i think mike and marc will remain here and be part of a 3 year plan most grizz fans don't expect.

If you re-read every post here, please replace "weeks" with "months".

Conley is hurt and is out weeks (months).  I am sure he hates not competing.  Gotta be driving him crazy. 

12 hours ago, scooter said:

If you are not going to play him, then Conley needs to be traded.

Maybe im wrong...but who would take that contract?

I agree on just sitting Mike the rest of the season since this one is a lost one.

Mike and Marc are talented but need an alpha player. I would rather stay in the bottom this season and gain a top draft pick in a talent heavy draft. This way you can find your star and keep Mike, Marc, and Parsons.

The Grizzlies in no way have the financial flex to build through FA so gaining a top prospect/impact player on a rookie contract for years would be huge and help nudge that window back open.

Move Reke and Wright at the deadline for any asset you can get and let Rio go in the offseason. I think the writing is on the wall for Mike, Marc, and Parsons so trading them for value is almost impossible. You HAVE to tank and get in that top 3 this draft to give any sort of foundation for the future.

The season has been lost for several weeks. If Chris Wallace has not accepted this behind closed doors, then it is another reason to fire him. My only hope is that he keeps saying the season is not lost to try to keep trade value as high as possible.

My belief is they will not deal anyone, and next year's roster will feature Marc, Mike, and Chandler.

It is more likely they will cut minutes or shut down all of those 3 after All-Star break.

Next year's team, at most one of these guys will be rostered: Tyreke, Mario, Ennis, or Wright.

They will be replaced by the #4 pick in the draft, and other spare parts.

I don't think the market is there for Mike, nor Marc, and certainly not Chandler that others think it is.

I agree that you probably cant get high picks for Marc. But I could see an undervalued talent in the mold of Victor Oladipo. Also, that Brooklyn pick could become more open if they keep winning at a decent clip.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

I agree that you probably cant get high picks for Marc. But I could see an undervalued talent in the mold of Victor Oladipo. Also, that Brooklyn pick could become more open if they keep winning at a decent clip.

That would be best case -scenario if we can't get a solid pick.    Who qualifies for a second look tho?  We already have Ben McLemore and that isn't playing out like we hoped.  

ORL - Terrence Ross?

MIL - broken Jabari?

TOR - Powell?

WAS - Oubre?