oldmanGrizz

Conley out at least 2 weeks

While I do believe he'll recover and play like an elite PG again, you have to wonder if all those years playing that slow, grinding style is taking its toll. He is hurt EVERYTIME, and he's not that big to begin with.

42 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

We need to start Rio. Reke needs to still be that splash off the bench. 

I dont think you can keep starting slow like we have been... The bench has had to claw us back in almost all of these games. Idk if that means parsons starting, but chalmers isnt the move

9 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

As much as I would hate Rio starting what about Harrison? 

That's not a bad idea.  I was thinking of that.  Depends on who is on the wing.   If it stays Ennis/Brooks then I would go with Tyreke at point guard.  We are going up against James Harden and Mario just doesn't have the size.  Well, he doesn't have the shot or wheels either.  

Second unit of Mario, McLemore, Selden, Parsons, and Wright.  

Kobi HAS to get at least a look over the next few games.

Our best second unit might then be Kobi, McLemore, Parsons, Jarell Martin, and Wright.  

Then you get Conley back quicker if we find out that the first team with Reke at point guard is more effective than the Conley/Harrison Show was.  

3 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I've seen Mario and Harrison start.

I would like to see Kobi Simmons and that's not because I've seen him a great deal.

It's because I've seen enough of the other two.

Honestly this. Or try and get something in a trade? A few solid veterans still available as well

We definitely need Parsons to start shooting more and look to score with Conley out. Somebody’s got to pick up those points. Chalmers shoots like I do (not good) so he’s not the one to do it. Gasol is maxed, as is Tyreke. The only player I can see being able to score more but deferring too much right now is CP and JAM

17 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Death spiral incoming

Good.

The best thing for the franchise is to hopefully fall apart without Conley and then fall into a deep enough hole that the franchise decides to tank the season. 

1 hour ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Good.

The best thing for the franchise is to hopefully fall apart without Conley and then fall into a deep enough hole that the franchise decides to tank the season. 

AAAnnndd there it is, November 18.  Just before the first snowfall for some of us. 
Annual "Blow It All Up" Day. 

Too soon. 
Wait and see if we can beat a mid-level team without Conley.
If not, go ahead, demolition crew. 

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Honestly, this team is so far from what it used to be that it doesn't matter. I don't care anymore.

Yes you do.

Without Zach, Tony, add Vince and even Rudy what do you expect, of course it's gonna be different.

It's a transition year, ride with it.....

7 hours ago, TimBC said:

AAAnnndd there it is, November 18.  Just before the first snowfall for some of us. 

Too soon. 

The Grizzlies are a mid level team with a healthy Conley, I prefer the chances of something greater 

8 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

The Grizzlies are a mid level team with a healthy Conley, I prefer the chances of something greater 

You're waiting on your Powerball tickets to hit the big number too, aren't you?

15 hours ago, TimBC said:

Too soon. 

To me it is like looking at $5 and then going to try a Benz cash. People telling you it’s not going to happen are not being negative, they are just telling the truth.

The lack of talent and rebounding on this team were evident since July. They need to move Mike and Marc. Try and get their pick from Boston or get an “equivalent” level young talent. And just realize it is going to be 4-5 seasons of pain.

44 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

To me it is like looking at $5 and then going to try a Benz cash. People telling you it’s not going to happen are not being negative, they are just telling the truth.

The lack of talent and rebounding on this team were evident since July. They need to move Mike and Marc. Try and get their pick from Boston or get an “equivalent” level young talent. And just realize it is going to be 4-5 seasons of pain.

Boston has the Lakers pick this year or the Kings pick the next year. Plus our pick. I would still be highly interested and would throw in a role player like Jam if needed to get both picks. Dont know if they have the movable salary anymore, however, like they did in years past. They would have to move a lot of rotation players to get Marc as well, when in the past they had salaries like Amir Johnson hanging around.

43 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

It doesn't escape me that you went silent for much of the beginning of the season when things were going well.