Sign in to follow this  
LuvThem Grizzlies

Has the Grizz wo a game since they took Harrison out of the starting lineup?

The play of injured Conley and unreliable Mario has actually made me start thinking, "Put Harrison in there".

At least I've wondered about moving Kobi up.

4 minutes ago, Blue Bear said:

I thought about that, It makes you wonder if he really is effective or it's just a coincidence. 

Trust your eyes, it was just a coincidence.  

7 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Harrison is bad at 2 guard but a better starting pg than Rio.

You know you may be on to something.   Rio is still too busy trying to prove for his next contract but doesn't have the ability to justify that anymore.

As much as i want to start Tyreke the numbers show that he is better with BW than with Gasol.    After watching last game i don't want anything hampering Reke from staying in "get buckets" mode.  

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Trust your eyes, it was just a coincidence.  

I don't remember seeing any game that I thought he cost us the game, I can't say the same about Conley. Look at what teams are scoring now than when he was playing. I don't want him playing 2 guard on offense.

6 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

You know you may be on to something.   Rio is still too busy trying to prove for his next contract but doesn't have the ability to justify that anymore.

As much as i want to start Tyreke the numbers show that he is better with BW than with Gasol.    After watching last game i don't want anything hampering Reke from staying in "get buckets" mode.  

I think that's because Brandon does his work in the paint and Tyreke slashes and throws the ball to him after drawing defenders. That works great for Brandon but Gasol likes to play around the perimeter. If Gasol is not super open he will pass the ball. 

1 minute ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I don't remember seeing any game that I thought he cost us the game, I can't say the same about Conley. Look at what teams are scoring now than when he was playing. I don't want him playing 2 guard on offense.

Oh he cost us the close games but yes in retrospect, Conley and Gasol being bad are the biggest culprits.       Yes there is no reason for him to ever play 2G.   

27 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Exactly on the Tyreke part!!!!!!!  We have missed a guy like him in Memphis for a long time and I like him with that "get buckets" mentality.

Here's the deal with Harrison:

He's one of those positive plus-minus guys.  I think he makes the starters around him better because they don't expect anything from Harrison, so they fell required to carry a heavier load.  Not to mention he is a very safe player out there.  He is good for the team and I think he should start again.  We were looking way better with him in, mostly everyone around him was better.