Sign in to follow this  
New_Sacred_Cow

Indiana @ Memphis 11/15/17

We have been chucking threes for the past 5 minutes and only a couple went in. Marc had a rebound at point blank range and threw it out to the three point line. This is obviously what Fizz wanted. I just don't get it. We were jacking 3's at the 5 minute mark and i have no idea why. 

Just now, Dwash said:

Im really hating our "switch everything" defense. Our bigs cant stay with these guards.

Yeah, the other teams just let us switch until they get a favorable matchup and then they just exploit it. I don't get it.

Just now, Holidayinn21 said:

A Marc 30-footer, are you serious with that call?

They had 9 seconds left, had to go 94 feet and Reke, Rio and Parsons formed a wall to free him up and give him a good look. SHould have never been in that position to begin with but I'm not mad at that play. 

Just now, Notorious O.D.K. said:

They had 9 seconds left, had to go 94 feet and Reke, Rio and Parsons formed a wall to free him up and give him a good look. SHould have never been in that position to begin with but I'm not mad at that play. 

Yeah that play doesn’t bother me, I was looking for Mario to take it... so anything is better.

But yeah we should never have been there, we can’t beat the mighty east.

Pretty much played out exactly like the Magic game. It shouldn't come down to us havin to take the final shot to tie/win at home vs teams expected to be in the lottery. **** it.

10 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

I have no issue with Marc taking the shot, but you gotta have to draw up a shot closer than that.

11 minutes ago, Holidayinn21 said:

I have no issue with Marc taking the shot, but you gotta have to draw up a shot closer than that.

That was probably the best look he was going to get considering the fact they knew exactly what shot we needed.

11 minutes ago, Holidayinn21 said:

9 seconds man. That's not a lot of time especially with the defense scrambling. I understand what you're saying and maybe Marc shouldda took a couple of dribbles to get closer before launching but I'm sure he was trying to quickly launch and give the team an opportunity to rebound if he missed.  Marc was 3-6 from 3 at that point. He had the hot hand with 35 points. He was the most logical to take the shot. Should he have come up a step or 2, maybe but it's in the heat of the moment. I can't fault him for that.

I can fault the team for jacking up so many 3's with 5 minutes left to play in the game. I can fault Brandan Wright for getting stuffed and then hanging on the rim affecting Reke's put back (which was probably too hard and even if it went in may have been offensive goaltending), I can fault Parsons for overdribbling and losing 3-4 seconds off the clock when he could have easily taken a 3 on that play where Marc got fouled and lastly I can fault Rio for not quickly passing the ball to Reke when he grabbed Marc's rebound. Instead he put it on the floor and tried to run behind the 3pt line, not enough time. 

I'm not too disappointed in this loss, it may take a few more games to our team comfortable with the new rotations.

10 minutes ago, Blue Bear said:

I'm not too disappointed in this loss, it may take a few more games to our team comfortable with the new rotations.

Same here bud