New_Sacred_Cow

Memphis @ Milwaukee 11/13/17

This is why you don't get high and mighty (especially the grizz with their psych) when you win a few potential flukey games early in the season.

3 minutes ago, grizlsg said:

We just have some weak spots in the lineup and one of them is a backup center, we are hurting at that position.

No knockdown shooters, traded the only one we’ve had.

We need some leadership.

I think this might be a big thing right now. 

It's funny when Mike plays like crap it's "oh he's not 100%". But when it's Marc it's "he's too passive, he needs to get his head in the game, he's not even tryin blah blah blah". Meanwhile here he is again, the 2nd oldest player in the league playin 34+, only Lebron playin more minutes than him.‎ Less than two years removed from a broken foot n dealin with ankle problems maybe it's all catchin up to him. ‎We need to get his minutes down to 30 even 29 a game, keep him fresh n he'll stay motivated. I think right now he's runnin out of energy by the end of games.

I thought it was understand that teams that dont really have great one on one players have to run more motion, swing the ball side to side and keep all five players involved. So why cant the Grizzlies seem to implement and stick to this plan? Cant blame Zbo and Tony anymore.

26 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Y'all don't like truth. Fizdale can talk all he wants about hybrid players and modern offensives, but at the end of the day he can't get this team to play winning basketball.

The grizzlies would be better off with Hollins who is still the only coach that guided the grizzlies past pop's spurs. Because he had a vision. The grizzlies don't have tony and Zach as scapegoats anymore, so what's the excuse this time.

Hollin's would have never started Dillion Brooks. I like the guy but he doesn't develop young talent. He gave Mike a chance and we had to sit through Mike's lackluster play for years until he became a better pg. 

38 minutes ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

Mike and marc are getting older, and they both look worn already.  They've only played 13 games.

There was no zbo to save their azz tonight like in the past, but tyreke tried to play the saving role.

Reality is setting in.  5 losses in the last 7 games.  Two losses to bottom feeders in the west.  0 for 3 against the eastern conference.

Last year's 43 win team was 10-5 after 15 games.  Grizz are currently 7-6 through 13 games.

They ain't that old. We have more players to give them a rest. Mike Conley has been starting off slow all season long. It's not because he got a year older. 

6 minutes ago, bobblybook1 said:

Both Mike and Marc are. John Henson got the best of Marc tonight. JOHN HENSON!

Ever since Harrison Barnes and Draymond Green shut Marc down completely in the playoffs, I gave up on Marc.  Harden, James Harden, locking him down a few times forcing Fiz to call him out was the cherry on top. It's embarrassing to watch really.

How many times do we have to wait for the playoffs to see the same Marc output to move on from him. Who cares if he gets us regular season wins, we end up 7 or 8 seed anyways.

I'm not buying that Mike is seriously hurt. That's BS.

He was bad during the preseason too, but it was brushed off because it was the preseason.

20 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I thought it was understand that teams that dont really have great one on one players have to run more motion, swing the ball side to side and keep all five players involved. So why cant the Grizzlies seem to implement and stick to this plan? Cant blame Zbo and Tony anymore.

They were doing it well at the beginning of the year. I think fizz is trying to rely on Marc and mike still. But he doesn’t have to.

54 minutes ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

They are giving up. 

SAWFT.

Grizz are 0 for 3 against the eastern conference.  Let that sink in .

The Bucks and the Magic are good teams,  both of them are going to give a lot of teams problems.

Marc was terrible down the stretch.  Mike was terrible all game.  I was actually hoping Fiz would put Reke at point and put Parsons in and B. Wright at center and roll with that to close the game.  Whew.....that 3rd quarter was hard to watch.  

2 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

The Bucks and the Magic are good teams,  both of them are going to give a lot of teams problems.

No easy nights this year honestly. If folks havent noticed just about every team in the league seems to have an effective 17-20 ppg scorer or two. Except for the Bulls and Kings. They are really the only teams that dont compete. The bad team story needs to be forgotten about.

9 minutes ago, Dwash said:

No easy nights this year honestly. If folks havent noticed just about every team in the league seems to have an effective 17-20 ppg scorer or two. Except for the Bulls and Kings. They are really the only teams that dont compete. The bad team story needs to be forgotten about.

Yep. This year is more wide open than it has been in a long time. 

Min reality we haven’t been that far away from winning these games. Orlando, Charlotte, and this game were winnable. 

Just played terrible. 

38 minutes ago, Dwash said:

That's not their game plan when Gasol and Conley are in the game. they're the teams' stars, they gotta carry the load.

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I hate david fizdale, and if you rest your wins and losses on Tyreke's shoulders, you are going to be disappointed. Misses 2 point blank layups. Loser's mentality. 

Yeah, should've been giving it to Conley, he made 2 shots.

5 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

That's not their game plan when Gasol and Conley are in the game. they're the teams' stars, they gotta carry the load.

They don’t have to. That was the whole point of this team this year. They are deep enough where they don’t have to be alphas. 

But that is the problem with the starting unit, you can't run in there and force shots up expecting to get a foul called. They not alphas, MC may want to be but I don't think Gasol cares about being 1, he'd rather play team ball which I do like.

46 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Mike and Marc still are the slowest pace players on entire team.  In other words they still resort to the offense they Been running for years.    That 2 man game basically freezes out everyone else.   Conley playing offball scorer just exacerbates it because he just isos and jacks up shoots.   

Conley needs to go back to being the conductor and get everyone else involved in offense instead of focusing on getting himself going. 

And on top of it reke has played like rookie reke with a better 3 ball. I hope he stays healthy because that will be important for the future,plus its fun to see a guy like that.

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Get rid of fizdale would be a good start.

That's it? That's your plan? Pfui.

46 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

They don’t have to. That was the whole point of this team this year. They are deep enough where they don’t have to be alphas. 

You guys are severely overrating the depth of the team. If Mike and Marc do not both average near 20 points a game, we will not crack 35 wins.