Sign in to follow this  
Notorious O.D.K.

Butch jones fired. Greg Schiano was the New Vols Coach until he wasn't anymore...

Crazy days for coaches in Tennessee. Makes me worried about what will happen when the Tigers lose their football coach. 

On 11/29/2017 at 8:32 AM, chipc3 said:

Crazy days for coaches in Tennessee. Makes me worried about what will happen when the Tigers lose their football coach. 

Well, if Norvell leaves Memphis (and it's sounding like he's next in line at Arkansas after they swung and missed on Malzahn), i say go after Kevin Sumlin first and then Hugh Freeze. Sumlin may sound like a long shot and it sounds like UCF is hot on his trail but take a swing. If they miss, I would offer to Hugh Freeze. He can coach and recruit. He only got a 2 game suspension so that would be over with quickly. Memphis is supposedly a city of second chances. Ole Miss was his dream job so he wouldn't leave to go anywhere after 1 or 2 years, he would probably stay at least 5. From what I have heard, he may have done some creepy stuff but nothing illegal. He's probably the best coach they could get and they would probably get him on a good value. He's familiar with Memphis, knows the area, recruited the area, lived in the area for years. I think it would be a good hire. He's faced his shame. 

We'll probably know by end of day Monday if he will be Arkansas' coach. 

Tennessee's problem is that the AD wanted to go at it alone and not hire a search firm and put together a search committee. You have to do that in today's college football. Too many coaches using other schools to get raises.

Memphis should pay their search firm whatever they want to find the next coach. They struck gold with Fuentes and Norvell. I'd trust them completely.

On 12/4/2017 at 8:12 AM, chipc3 said:

Memphis should pay their search firm whatever they want to find the next coach. They struck gold with Fuentes and Norvell. I'd trust them completely.

oh well. I guess Memphis will have to wait at least another year before hiring a search firm because Norvell signed a new contract with Memphis.

Vols making a run at Bama’s defensive co-ordination and lead recruiter. Pretty smart move if they can sign him.

16 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Vols making a run at Bama’s defensive co-ordination and lead recruiter. Pretty smart move if they can sign him.

Well, we'll see how it works out.