Sign in to follow this  
New_Sacred_Cow

Memphis @ Houston 11/11/17

Pushing Martin and Harrison to the end of the bench will help things.

I think time has come to start looking to get Parsons into the starting lineup and move Ennis down to the bench to play a small ball 4 for a fast lineup.

Start: Conley/BenMac/Parsons/Jam/Gasol

Bench: Rio/Evans/Selden/Ennis/Wright

5 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

I think time has come to start looking to get Parsons into the starting lineup and move Ennis down to the bench to play a small ball 4 for a fast lineup.

I agree that Parsons needs to eventually start and you have to try to get more production out of him than being a stretch 4 spotting up all game. Let him guard the weaker player between the 3 and 4 and Jam get the best player. Thats if you feel that he cant cause I think Parsons looks bouncy on defense. May not have the endurance however.

Brooks has to play somewhere though and he isnt in your lineup. I would play him over Rio.

22 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

If Parsons' wasn't on the minutes restriction and JaM was back that would be the easiest solution.  I do believe that Mike and Marc's playing style would mesh really well with Parsons too.    But like Dwash said, Brooks has to be in the rotation.     I'd demote Rio and put in Brooks as well.

Mike/Reke

Ben/Wayne

Parsons/Brooks

JaM/Ennis

Gasol/Wright

With Rio getting his time due to foul trouble or Mike needing nights off.   Just go ahead and give Reke the keys to the second unit.  I think its too many ball dominant guys on that unit anyway.   

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:08 AM, notnilc20 said:

These slow starts by Mike are killing us....we've been able to somewhat survive against lesser teams but against the better teams we're just playing with fire.

These aren't slow starts, these are just instances of Conley being Conley. People got excited because he elevated his game some toward the end of last year (and got a midnite text from Kanye), but Conley was bound to regress back to the mean of his playing career.

Conley is a good player that can have great stretches. But, he is just not consistent enough with his production to label him elite and the cornerstone of a contender, hence his all star snubs. This is what Conley will give you in any given month of a season:

Out of 13-14 games in a given  month, Conley will have 1-2 games of elite play (score 25 or more points), about 4-6 games where you say "Where's Conley?" or "What's bothering him?" (score 6-10 points), then the rest he will score anywhere from 12-18 points. That's just who he is as this point in his career. Again, he's a great "Robin" to a "Batman"- Alpha type team leader/scorer.

On 11/13/2017 at 8:27 AM, New_Sacred_Cow said:

On 11/13/2017 at 8:31 AM, Dwash said:

I agree that Parsons needs to eventually start and you have to try to get more production out of him than being a stretch 4 spotting up all game. Let him guard the weaker player between the 3 and 4 and Jam get the best player. Thats if you feel that he cant cause I think Parsons looks bouncy on defense. May not have the endurance however.

Brooks has to play somewhere though and he isnt in your lineup. I would play him over Rio.

Wow NSC, you just left Brooks out of the equation altogether?

I would go with Brooks over McLemore as the starting 2-guard.I'm not impressed by McLemore, never have been. I would rotate McLemore, Selden and Ennis off of the bench. Depends on whoever is playing the best. I have been advocating starting Parsons along with JaM for awhile now. Parsons will help with ball movement in teh starting lineup, plus he has been playing good defense and doing a  lot of small things that may not show up in the stat sheet. He's been a crafty player this year even if his offense isn't up to par so far. i think our best bet is to start Parsons as a stretch 4, JaM can guard 3's in a lot of situations

Start: Conley/Brooks (or Selden)/Jam/Parsons/Gasol

Bench: Rio/Reke/(Ennis or McLemore or Selden depending on the night)/ Wright as the backup 4/5

18 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

I would go with Brooks over McLemore as the starting 2-guard.I'm not impressed by McLemore, never have been. I would rotate McLemore, Selden and Ennis off of the bench. Depends on whoever is playing the best. I have been advocating starting Parsons along with JaM for awhile now. Parsons will help with ball movement in teh starting lineup, plus he has been playing good defense and doing a  lot of small things that may not show up in the stat sheet. He's been a crafty player this year even if his offense isn't up to par so far. i think our best bet is to start Parsons as a stretch 4, JaM can guard 3's in a lot of situations

Bench: Rio/Reke/(Ennis or McLemore or Selden depending on the night)/ Wright as the backup 4/5

Yep. Brooks came in and messed up ALL the rotations lol. Everybody expected him to be playing in Ms. this year 😂😂😂. 

19 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Not sure how I overlooked him LOL!