Sign in to follow this  
New_Sacred_Cow

Memphis @ Houston 11/11/17

1 minute ago, Lordninja11 said:

I doubt it but he'll be in the rotation. Ennis is too slaw for the bench. 

I’m gonna give you a plate of that crow too D

4 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Don’t worry. He will be starting with Dillon brooks by the all star break. 

Then our bench will be really deadly with Reke, mac, Parsons, Wright, Martin. 

Martin is hot garbage too.  His offense isn't good enough to offset his bad defense.  Wright has been really good this season and gets underrated by the fans too much. 

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Martin is hot garbage too.  His offense isn't good enough to offset his bad defense.  Wright has been really good this season and gets underrated by the fans too much. 

Wright has been hot garbage but in two games. But he’s still serviceable. He can only do lobs and has a prayer every time he throws a bunny floater up 1ft from the basket. 

HOWEVER with that being said, with him coming off the bench he will be fine 😁

Just now, Lordninja11 said:

Which starter would be good enough to come off the bench? 

Ennis. Wright. 

Starting lineup needs to be Conley, Selden, Brooks, Gasol, Jam

Bench unit needs to be Tyreke, Mac, Parsons, Wright, Martin.

Rio can split minutes somewhere.

MC, Parsons, Marc, Wright and Chalmers are injuries prone/old/limited minutes guys. Even Tyreke should be put in that category. I firmly believe we should get another big to reduce Marc minutes a lot and roll with a bigger rotation than other teams and 100% effort all the time is the only way this team has a chance against top teams. Now we have a depth bench; that is our main thing, we can still play solid D, and now we run and make some 3s.

MC/Tyreke/Chalmers/Harrison 

Ben/Selden/Brooks/Tyreke

Parsons/Ennis/Selden/Tyreke/Brooks

Jam/Wright/Parsons/Ennis/Martin

Gasol/Monroe/Wright/Martin

Hoping for the Suns to waive Monroe, no player plays over 30 minutes a game (ever) and if possible everybody plays under 24. Save the best players on the day for the 4th.

Just now, Once_a_hater said:

MC, Parsons, Marc, Wright and Chalmers are injuries prone/old/limited minutes guys. Even Tyreke should be put in that category. I firmly believe we should get another big to reduce Marc minutes a lot and roll with a bigger rotation than other teams and 100% effort all the time is the only way this team has a chance against top teams. Now we have a depth bench; that is our main thing, we can still play solid D, and now we run and make some 3s.

MC/Tyreke/Chalmers/Harrison 

Ben/Selden/Brooks/Tyreke

Parsons/Ennis/Selden/Tyreke/Brooks

Jam/Wright/Parsons/Ennis/Martin

Gasol/Monroe/Wright/Martin

Hoping for the Suns to waive Monroe, no player plays over 30 minutes a game (ever) and if possible everybody plays under 24. Save the best players on the day for the 4th.

You aren’t getting Monroe for cheap. Even if they do waive him. 

3 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Ennis. Wright. 

Starting lineup needs to be Conley, Selden, Brooks, Gasol, Jam

Bench unit needs to be Tyreke, Mac, Parsons, Wright, Martin.

Rio can split minutes somewhere.

I am all for giving Rio 10/11th man treatment but i am asking why is Martin in your rotation?  Parsons isn't mobile enough to play the 3.  

Mike + Ben + Ennis + JaM + Gasol is the unit Fiz wants to try before completely changing up starting lineup

Reke + Wayne + Brooks + Parsons + Wright  should be the bench at that point. 

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I am all for giving Rio 10/11th man treatment but i am asking why is Martin in your rotation?  Parsons isn't mobile enough to play the 3.  

Mike + Ben + Ennis + JaM + Gasol is the unit Fiz wants to try before completely changing up starting lineup

He’s going to get minutes regardless is the point. Maybe I should have said that the minutes will get split between Rio and him somehow.

39 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Wright has been hot garbage but in two games. But he’s still serviceable. He can only do lobs and has a prayer every time he throws a bunny floater up 1ft from the basket. 

HOWEVER with that being said, with him coming off the bench he will be fine 😁

Maybe it would surprise you to know that, per minute, Wright is the fifth best scorer, best rebounder, best shot blocker, has fewest turnovers per minute, and is in the middle of the pack in steals.  Hot garbage?  I think not.

Oh, and highest shooting percentage too.

45 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Maybe it would surprise you to know that, per minute, Wright is the fifth best scorer, best rebounder, best shot blocker, has fewest turnovers per minute, and is in the middle of the pack in steals.  Hot garbage?  I think not.

Oh, and highest shooting percentage too.

He sucks. Read my post in the other thread please. Per minute basis for proving your point is useless. Because per minute for Wright is assuming that his points would continue to grow if given more minutes (which he’s neither getting more minutes or providing more points or rebounds.) 

Even his best year in Dallas he only averaged 19 minutes per game and still only had 9 points and 4 rebounds a game. 

14 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Well hopefully you’re just wrong once again 😏

this time I think i  may be right

10 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I would agree with those lineups.

These slow starts by Mike are killing us....we've been able to somewhat survive against lesser teams but against the better teams we're just playing with fire.

23 minutes ago, notnilc20 said:

These slow starts by Mike are killing us....we've been able to somewhat survive against lesser teams but against the better teams we're just playing with fire.

Mike seems to only be able to play once he other team is a little worn out. 

11 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

He sucks. Read my post in the other thread please. Per minute basis for proving your point is useless. Because per minute for Wright is assuming that his points would continue to grow if given more minutes (which he’s neither getting more minutes or providing more points or rebounds.) 

Even his best year in Dallas he only averaged 19 minutes per game and still only had 9 points and 4 rebounds a game. 

...and in Selden's best year he averaged even less than what Wright is doing this season, yet you have him as the second coming because of summer league.  Get real.

I really think Selden is going to be  better on Offense this year it looks like his shot got better during summer.

We Need to surround Gasol and  the starting line up with energy guys because we always start up slow. 

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

...and in Selden's best year he averaged even less than what Wright is doing this season, yet you have him as the second coming because of summer league.  Get real.

No. I have him as a solid role player for us. That is better than Ben mac. Why is that so hard to understand? 

Did I offend you by dispelling your notion that Brandon Wright is some how useful in more than just short stints?

14 hours ago, bobblybook1 said:

Mike is starting to scare me. He’s not finishing or attacking well. Can’t help but think something is bothering him

He has a sore Achilles and has had one all season. Have no idea why they refuse to rest him, well, more than that one game he sat out. He should sit out for at least a week, maybe two. I think i first mentioned this almost two weeks ago. We have lost four out of our last 6 games. Mike sat out the Magic game which we lost. I don't think our record would have been any worse during that stretch if he sat all 6 games. Gasol needs to sit out a week as well. It's obvious teh grizz don't believe you're injured until something pops, snaps or breaks. Otherwise, they will continue to trot you out there, 

3 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

He has a sore Achilles and has had one all season. Have no idea why they refuse to rest him, well, more than that one game he sat out. He should sit out for at least a week, maybe two. I think i first mentioned this almost two weeks ago. We have lost four out of our last 6 games. Mike sat out the Magic game which we lost. I don't think our record would have been any worse during that stretch if he sat all 6 games. Gasol needs to sit out a week as well. It's obvious teh grizz don't believe you're injured until something pops, snaps or breaks. Otherwise, they will continue to trot you out there, 

Now that Ben And Wayne are back They should give mike some days off.

Let Reke run PG for second unit, he basically doing it anyway.

3 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

No. I have him as a solid role player for us. That is better than Ben mac. Why is that so hard to understand? 

Did I offend you by dispelling your notion that Brandon Wright is some how useful in more than just short stints?

I'm not offended.  I'm just having a hard time understanding how you are calling one player "hot garbage" who has, over a ten year career proven that, when healthy, he is a very productive player, when you are touting another guy who has yet to show that he can equal his productivity at an NBA level.

3 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Yeah, that has me worried too.

Just finished watchin this one now n I'll say one thing bout this loss; we need Jam back in the worst way. Martin to the bench n possibly one of Brooks/Ennis. These slow starts been killin us we need as much offense out there as possible at the start.