Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

So the grizz can offer reke about 4yr 40 million, right?

On 1/9/2018 at 12:01 PM, Grizz&Grind said:

Agree, I applaud them for aiming high.

Just hope they are also realistic. After watching Z-Bo and TA walk and getting no value/assets in return, as well as other players in the past, I'm ready for this FO to start acquiring assets/picks for departing talent instead of nothing.

ZBo and TA had no meaningful trade value last season. Plenty of guys will become free agents this off season, and 99% of the teams will get nothing for them.

Again, I would rather get nothing for an expiring contract than get stuck with continuing contracts of bad players.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:44 PM, BigHunkALove said:

In the same breath he says Lou Wiliams will be coveted. Lou Williams is on an expired deal and he and reke are a-wash on stats. So, I really don't really understand why Lou would be coveted by reke isn't. 

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

In the same breath he says Lou Wiliams will be coveted. Lou Williams is on an expired deal and he and reke are a-wash on stats. So, I really don't really understand why Lou would be coveted by reke isn't. 

Cause you would have Lou's bird rights.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Cause you would have Lou's bird rights.

The rockets gave away a first round pick last year for him and apparently re-signing him wasn't a consideration or didn't matter that much. I'm not saying that woj is wrong, but it ain't like deals like this ever not happen. 

6 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The rockets gave away a first round pick last year for him and apparently re-signing him wasn't a consideration or didn't matter that much. I'm not saying that woj is wrong, but it ain't like deals like this ever not happen. 

He was the best player in a package for Chris Paul.

1 hour ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I don't think you can with MLE. I could be wrong though. Anyone know?

I think you are correct.

Plus, the new CBA made S&T more difficult, but S&T were primarily done for players/teams where Bird rights were involved.

That isn't the case here.  I'm 95% certain S&T is not an option with Tyreke.

2 hours ago, lsugrizzfan said:

I don't think you can with MLE. I could be wrong though. Anyone know?

I just checked, you can't sign and trade a player using the MLE (taxpayer or not) or any other exception that cannot be used to offer a three year contract.