Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

So the grizz can offer reke about 4yr 40 million, right?

8 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I wonder if there is a way to find out what Reke and Macs net rating was on the court together in sac

https://stats.nba.com/team/1610612758/lineups-traditional/?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular Season&GroupQuantity=2&sort=GROUP_NAME&dir=-1&PerMode=Per100Possessions

2016-17: -18.4 NetRtg on 8 games, 77 minutes total. Definitely not a big enough sample.

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

Thanks. Yet you would think there would be as long as they played together. 

On 11/10/2017 at 4:00 PM, Michael D said:

Lets see how Brooks, Seldon, and Mclemore play out before we worry about resigning Tyreke.  I get it though,  Tyreke has proved that he is still an elite player and he will get the payday that he's playing for this season BUT we don't know how good Mclemore is going to be.  Heck what if him, Brooks, and Seldon make even Tyreke's talents expendable?

There's a logjam now at the wing position anyway.  Let Tyreke play his heart out and our team benefit from the situation.  Wallace is smart for getting Mclemore and Seldon, two guys with things to prove for different reasons and with potential to outperform their previous two seasons.

I'm not worried about keeping Tyreke at all.  I want someone else on the roster to step up and make him expendable.  Let him get paid, he deserves it, especially if we go far in the playoffs.  Tyreke was a great pick up!

I agree with this 100%. 

If he is our best option and we can afford to keep him - then let's deal with that when the time comes.

Hence my initial post - this thread is premature. 

5 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

I agree with this 100%. 

If he is our best option and we can afford to keep him - then let's deal with that when the time comes.

Hence my initial post - this thread is premature. 

Premature? The Grizzlies have never had a player that I can remember playing this well after being added to the team since Zbo. 

If Tyreke can stay healthy we should be able to get at least 2-3 solid years out of him.

On 11/10/2017 at 3:00 PM, Michael D said:

Lets see how Brooks, Seldon, and Mclemore play out before we worry about resigning Tyreke.  I get it though,  Tyreke has proved that he is still an elite player and he will get the payday that he's playing for this season BUT we don't know how good Mclemore is going to be.  Heck what if him, Brooks, and Seldon make even Tyreke's talents expendable?

There's a logjam now at the wing position anyway.  Let Tyreke play his heart out and our team benefit from the situation.  Wallace is smart for getting Mclemore and Seldon, two guys with things to prove for different reasons and with potential to outperform their previous two seasons.

I'm not worried about keeping Tyreke at all.  I want someone else on the roster to step up and make him expendable.  Let him get paid, he deserves it, especially if we go far in the playoffs.  Tyreke was a great pick up!

i agree that there's a logjam ate the wing right now. I just don't see McLemore or Selden making him expendable. Tyreke has done what he's doing now in the NBA before, neither Selden nor McLemore have even come close. Brooks has kind of created a problem by playing better than they expected. I am actually fine with this and think that this will play itself out and I see injuries happening and i also think we will just have to go with who is bringing the most energy or has the hottest hand. Out of our swingman, Tyreke and Ennis don't have contracts for next year. It will work itself out but I don't see Selden nor McLemore making Tyreke expendable. I just don't see them scoring at the rate that he does.