Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

So the grizz can offer reke about 4yr 40 million, right?

1 minute ago, Subliminal said:

Tyreke, Brooks and Wright for Evan Turner and a 2nd rounder. Turner won’t take as many shots from Conley and Gasol and we can try to find a 2nd round gem

Read my mind!!!!!!!

48 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I dont think they are getting rid of wright. Ennis will probably be the guy they choose not to resign. The grizzlies, if they give tyreke the 8.8 will be really close to the tax line. They wont be able to sign wright and ennis and reke. 

Yes I agree, they may not keep either Ennis or Wright or both, since Fiz inherited them, and he may be looking to stamp his outlook on the team lineup.

13 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Tyreke, Brooks and Wright for Evan Turner and a 2nd rounder. Turner won’t take as many shots from Conley and Gasol and we can try to find a 2nd round gem

You're giving up a lot for Turner, I wouldn't do that deal. Brooks alone could develop into being as good as Turner. Turner gonna be 30

Talking about giving up our 2nd round gem to hopefully find another 2nd round gem? Giving up the leading 6th man of the year candidate and our only backup C for Evan Turner? Y'all HAVE to be trollin'

1 minute ago, The Stro Show said:

Talking about giving up our 2nd round gem to hopefully find another 2nd round gem? Giving up the leading 6th man of the year candidate and our only backup C for Evan Turner? Y'all HAVE to be trollin'

I think this time Subliminal was jokes aside LOL

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I don't agree with this.    He is basically playing a starting role on this team.   He  has been a member of the closing lineup (i believe) every I think the expansion of his game (outside shooting) and Mike's ability to play off the ball changes that narrative.  game.   With Marc and Mike battling nagging injuries putting Reke in starting lineup once everyone returns may not be a bad idea.   

Besides he plays just fine with Mike and Marc which is all that matters for this team.

It isn't like Mike and Marc aren't used to playing alongside ball dominant guys anyway.     Parsons diminished knees and better production as a 4 seems like the better candidate to be the 6th man longterm. 

agree with you GTF.  And I would start talking with Reke's agent and see what kind of deal he is looking for. I'm not saying he is worth breaking the bank for, but the guy can "get buckets" and isn't scared to take the shot throughout the game. Don't see him doing much pump faking.  He might do it here and there, but Tyreke is confident that he can make his shot OR he can get to the rim and that is something this team needs tremendously. 

All this will be interesting when or if Selden ever comes back or when McLemore comes  back.  (I wonder if Selden is going to be this year's Jordan Adams where he is always hurt and never comes back and Chris Wallace during his useless interviews wont ever give anyone ANY insight into what is wrong or when or if he might come back.  Its like CWallace is guarding nuclear secrets or something and cannot let anybody know anything about anything concerning any injury).

Anyway, I would love for Reke to continue to get more comfortable and possibly work something out with the Grizzlies.  We all know FAs aren't going to beat the door down to play in MEM, so when you have talent like Tyreke and you are the Grizzlies, you do what you can to keep it. 

38 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Read my mind!!!!!!!

Really KBM??  The Grizz seem to have ACTUALLY hit on someone in the draft in Brooks and you want to trade him along with some others for Evan Turner????  Hey, I don't know if that is a good deal or not,  but personally I would like to see how Brooks develops here in MEM and I thought you wanted to keep Tyreke. I haven't read the whole thread so maybe I missed something, but honestly, I want the team to get healthy--meaning Selden, JaMychal and McLemore get back and lets see what we have.   Even right now, this team can play with anybody and beat anybody and they don't have to shoot 65% from the field to do it.  They can play D and can get shots.  

I'm really very excited about what this team can achieve as long as they can continue to shoot in the mid 40%s.  If they go back to shooting in the high 30%s or low 40%s, then they will flounder and be a little over .500 ball club.   If they shoot like they did last night (47%), this team can be special I believe.   

2 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Correct me if i misunderstood but werent you concerned Reke was taking money from other's pay packets?

2nd point: I very much doubt Wright will be re-signed, in fact, I'm thinking a trade by Feb deadline is a distinct possibility 

if they trade Wright, who would back up Marc?  (unless they trade him for another backup center). Deyonta Davis is in no way shape or form ready to be Marc's backup on a team that fancies itself playoff contender in the West. 

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I don't agree with this.    He is basically playing a starting role on this team.   He  has been a member of the closing lineup (i believe) every I think the expansion of his game (outside shooting) and Mike's ability to play off the ball changes that narrative.  game.   With Marc and Mike battling nagging injuries putting Reke in starting lineup once everyone returns may not be a bad idea.   

Besides he plays just fine with Mike and Marc which is all that matters for this team.

It isn't like Mike and Marc aren't used to playing alongside ball dominant guys anyway.     Parsons diminished knees and better production as a 4 seems like the better candidate to be the 6th man longterm. 

I understand the "dont fix it aint broke" mentality usually very sound advice.

What i am thinking though is that Tyeke might be better (controlled) if he is in the lineup with M&M, forces him to be complementary rather than more SoloMan. Praying for BenMac can step up and get it going, I would be quite willing to move Reke into the starting lineup, and have BenMac leading the 2nd unit. Praying for BenMac to be that guy

53 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Yes I agree, they may not keep either Ennis or Wright or both, since Fiz inherited them, and he may be looking to stamp his outlook on the team lineup.

Fiz didnt inherit Ennis. Fiz was hired May 2016 and Ennis signed July 2016.

Plus Fiz coached Ennis in Miami

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Its not what people think that's the most important.  Its what the player thinks.  Time and time again its been shown that majority of NBA players do care immensely about starting.    A dude with Reke's confidence (ego) probably isn't different.  

Just like Blue Bear is saying.  if we do want to be able to resign Reke don't be surprised if his role is one of the obstacles. 

I can see this.  Let me ask this--can you see a scenario where Reke could start along side Mike in the backcourt? Is there a way we could accommodate him and still remain successful? I'm really not sure.  Reke is so so effective with the 2nd unit and then he is on the court at the end of the games cause we have to have someone on the court who can get to the rim and isn't scared to take the shot.  

More and more its looking like the MEM front office has actually done something positive and guessed right concerning Tyreke and trading up to get Dillon Brooks. Its easy for us to say that he should just be happy being 6th man and he is doing a helluva a job in that role, but I'm just wondering if he could actually start and things still work smooth with Mike and Marc.

1 minute ago, Allen said:

Fiz didnt inherit Ennis. Fiz was hired May 2016 and Ennis signed July 2016.

Plus Fiz coached Ennis in Miami

Thank you that is right. I was thinking about his first tenure under Dave J

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

You're giving up a lot for Turner, I wouldn't do that deal. Brooks alone could develop into being as good as Turner. Turner gonna be 30

1 hour ago, The Stro Show said:

Who, me?! 

😏

A lot of teams have capped out after the last two summers. There isnt a whole lot of teams with cap space that will want to compete for a shoot first pg with a spotty past. Since he caught on as a sixth man, the market will likely view him as a sixth man only ala Jamal Crawford. Its unlikely that he will ever be viewed as a building block starter by other teams ever again. Really only potential playoff teams go for veteran sixth man types and most of them are capped out.

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

A lot of teams have capped out after the last two summers. There isnt a whole lot of teams with cap space that will want to compete for a shoot first pg with a spotty past. Since he caught on as a sixth man, the market will likely view him as a sixth man only ala Jamal Crawford. Its unlikely that he will ever be viewed as a building block starter by other teams ever again. Really only potential playoff teams go for veteran sixth man types and most of them are capped out.

What would be some ways to be proactive about keeping him? Not a salary expert

1 hour ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

I can see this.  Let me ask this--can you see a scenario where Reke could start along side Mike in the backcourt? Is there a way we could accommodate him and still remain successful? I'm really not sure.  Reke is so so effective with the 2nd unit and then he is on the court at the end of the games cause we have to have someone on the court who can get to the rim and isn't scared to take the shot.  

More and more its looking like the MEM front office has actually done something positive and guessed right concerning Tyreke and trading up to get Dillon Brooks. Its easy for us to say that he should just be happy being 6th man and he is doing a helluva a job in that role, but I'm just wondering if he could actually start and things still work smooth with Mike and Marc.

The funny thing is people are overlooking the fact that technically the second unit has more ball dominant types than the first unit does.  

Rio and Parsons both prefer having the ball in their hands yet in the first unit only ball handler is Mike.   An argument can be made that moving Reke or Parsons to starting lineup is the best way to balance both lineups.   Give both units multiple ball-handlers, playmakers and scorers.  

Plus the advanced data already shows that Reke and Mike play very well together.    This isn't a scenario where one has to wonder if they can play well together.   They have been in closing lineups together the entire season.   

Also for anyone who is gonna make the argument that maybe Reke's stats are so good because he is going against backsups.  Go ahead and smack yourself in the mouth. 

1 hour ago, Subliminal said:

What would be some ways to be proactive about keeping him? Not a salary expert

We are pretty much stuck to offering MLE unless the dramatically increases. Too much salary would have to be shed.

3 hours ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

I think he would get more shots with the second unit.

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

The funny thing is people are overlooking the fact that technically the second unit has more ball dominant types than the first unit does.  

Rio and Parsons both prefer having the ball in their hands yet in the first unit only ball handler is Mike.   An argument can be made that moving Reke or Parsons to starting lineup is the best way to balance both lineups.   Give both units multiple ball-handlers, playmakers and scorers.  

Plus the advanced data already shows that Reke and Mike play very well together.    This isn't a scenario where one has to wonder if they can play well together.   They have been in closing lineups together the entire season.   

Also for anyone who is gonna make the argument that maybe Reke's stats are so good because he is going against backsups.  Go ahead and smack yourself in the mouth. 

Rio hasn't been shooting well and Parsons hasn't been shooting much at all. Tyreke is where he needs to be.

27 minutes ago, Dwash said:

We are pretty much stuck to offering MLE unless the dramatically increases. Too much salary would have to be shed.

Can’t we just split Parsons’ contract with him tho 

22 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Can’t we just split Parsons’ contract with him tho 

Under the table I guess if Parsons complies.