Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

So the grizz can offer reke about 4yr 40 million, right?

Mid-level exception is 8.8 million, with 5% raises.

They would then have the room exception.

I am assuming if they want ennis and wright back they will get them.

Reke is another story, though.

I've seen enough to believe Tyreke will not fall off very much if at all from what we have seen so far. He needs a deal here in Memphis. 

1 minute ago, Blue Bear said:

I've seen enough to believe Tyreke will not fall off very much if at all from what we have seen so far. He needs a deal here in Memphis. 

Barring injury....touch wood...

4 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Barring injury....touch wood...

Let's hope he doesn't get injured that would be terrible. I think having him come off the bench is risky.

Tyreke is starter material, too young and talented to be a bench warmer. He could leave and get paid from another team that offers him a better role. He needs to be starting at some point if he is going to stay in Memphis. 

Tyreke is a starter on a lottery team. 6th man on a playoff team.

8 minutes ago, Allen said:

I don't agree with this.    He is basically playing a starting role on this team.   He  has been a member of the closing lineup (i believe) every I think the expansion of his game (outside shooting) and Mike's ability to play off the ball changes that narrative.  game.   With Marc and Mike battling nagging injuries putting Reke in starting lineup once everyone returns may not be a bad idea.   

Besides he plays just fine with Mike and Marc which is all that matters for this team.

It isn't like Mike and Marc aren't used to playing alongside ball dominant guys anyway.     Parsons diminished knees and better production as a 4 seems like the better candidate to be the 6th man longterm. 

2 hours ago, Allen said:

Tyreke is top 19 ppg among all guards in the league currently , he isn't a starter and has one of the highest field goal percentages. 

2 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I don't agree with this.    He is basically playing a starting role on this team.   He  has been a member of the closing lineup (i believe) every I think the expansion of his game (outside shooting) and Mike's ability to play off the ball changes that narrative.  game.   With Marc and Mike battling nagging injuries putting Reke in starting lineup once everyone returns may not be a bad idea.   

Besides he plays just fine with Mike and Marc which is all that matters for this team.

It isn't like Mike and Marc aren't used to playing alongside ball dominant guys anyway.     Parsons diminished knees and better production as a 4 seems like the better candidate to be the 6th man longterm. 

I can see this happening if Mikes injury doesn't get any better. Now that we have more people coming back from injury they can afford to rest Conley for a good while. 

People look at coming off the bench as a bad thing for some reason. Super sub off the bench is Rekes best role

54 minutes ago, Allen said:

People look at coming off the bench as a bad thing for some reason. Super sub off the bench is Rekes best role

I don't think most NBA players enjoy coming off the bench at all unless they are past there prime, even then it's debatable. I'm hoping we can keep Tyreke Evans. To think that doesn't matter to him is risky. 

Team chemistry can be affected by this. I think it's important enough to be considered.

Tyreke has been one of the best players on the team this season, without Tyreke this team could be looking at an 0-11 start or something close to it. 

1 hour ago, Allen said:

Its not what people think that's the most important.  Its what the player thinks.  Time and time again its been shown that majority of NBA players do care immensely about starting.    A dude with Reke's confidence (ego) probably isn't different.  

Just like Blue Bear is saying.  if we do want to be able to resign Reke don't be surprised if his role is one of the obstacles. 

If Tyreke cares more about starting than team success(not saying he does) then he can go kick rocks. I feel that way about any player. Cant win with a guy like that

Maybe Chip can have a word to Reke and tell him one of his iron-clad axioms:

"It doesnt matter who starts the game its who finishes that counts"

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Mid-level exception is 8.8 million, with 5% raises.

They would then have the room exception.

I am assuming if they want ennis and wright back they will get them.

Reke is another story, though.

Correct me if i misunderstood but werent you concerned Reke was taking money from other's pay packets?

2nd point: I very much doubt Wright will be re-signed, in fact, I'm thinking a trade by Feb deadline is a distinct possibility 

14 minutes ago, Allen said:

If Tyreke cares more about starting than team success(not saying he does) then he can go kick rocks. I feel that way about any player. Cant win with a guy like that

:lol:

18 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Correct me if i misunderstood but werent you concerned Reke was taking money from other's pay packets?

2nd point: I very much doubt Wright will be re-signed, in fact, I'm thinking a trade by Feb deadline is a distinct possibility 

I dont think they are getting rid of wright. Ennis will probably be the guy they choose not to resign. The grizzlies, if they give tyreke the 8.8 will be really close to the tax line. They wont be able to sign wright and ennis and reke. 

Ennis is playing well right now. Why would they let him walk instead of Wright

4 minutes ago, Allen said:

Ennis is playing well right now. Why would they let him walk instead of Wright

Mainly because they have, brooks, reke, wayne and ben, parsons and martin. But i dont think they will trade him. I think they wont resin him next year.

17 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I dont think they are getting rid of wright. Ennis will probably be the guy they choose not to resign. The grizzlies, if they give tyreke the 8.8 will be really close to the tax line. They wont be able to sign wright and ennis and reke. 

Should just go ahead and trade Evans so we don’t have to worry about letting him walk for nothing

17 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Yup, sell high.

Tyreke, Brooks and Wright for Evan Turner and a 2nd rounder. Turner won’t take as many shots from Conley and Gasol and we can try to find a 2nd round gem