Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

(5-3) vs. (3-5)
conley-gasol-parsons-gt-400x300.jpg

Date/Time: Sunday, November 5, 8:30 pm CT

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: None

Officials: TBA

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Mike Conley Andrew Harrison James Ennis Jarell Martin Marc Gasol
201144.png 1626150.png 203516.png 1626185.png 201188.png

Lakers Starting 5

Lonzo Ball K. Caldwell-Pope Brandon Ingram Julius Randle Brook Lopez
1628366.png 203484.png 1627742.png 203944.png 201572.png

Benches

• Dillon Brooks
  • Mario Chalmers
  • Deyonta Davis
  • Tyreke Evans
  • JaMychal Green
  • Ben McLemore
  • Chandler Parsons
  • Ivan Rabb
  • Wayne Selden
  • Brandan Wright
  • Andrew Bogut
  • Corey Brewer
  • Thomas Bryant
  • Jordan Clarkson
  • Luol Deng
  • Tyler Ennis
  • Josh Hart
  • Kyle Kuzma
  • Larry Nance Jr.
  • Ivica Zubac

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Lakers: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

The Los Angeles akers might have lost their starting power forward for some time after Larry Nance Jr. suffered a broken hand in the team’s 113-110 loss to the Portland Trail Blazers. Nance underwent X-rays that revealed a fractured second metacarpal in his left hand. Nance left the game for good with 3 minutes, 45 seconds remaining in the third quarter before the Blazers handed the Lakers a 113-110 loss at the Moda Center. He left after he committed his fourth personal foul on Caleb Swanigan.
via ESPN

We better not play down to our competition again in this one.  But the Lakes have looked better than I thought they were goin to look as of late....that Kuzma can ball.

gonna be a good game. Lakers are exciting again. However I don’t think they can handle our Zbo-like point guard. We really got the best of both worlds in Reke and Mike. Mike more finesse and shooting. While Reke can bully. Mario is the crafty one. 

We always seem to have a problem with these guys.  I don't know if it has to do with getting up for the Clippers, and letting down for these guys or what.

In the words of James Brown...."Please, please please" take down Andrew Harrison's pic in the starting lineup. That was depression inducing.

Surprising to me, this year's grizz are 6-3 with the chance to go 7-3 through ten games.

Last year's team went 5-5 but was 10-5 after 15 games and finished with 43 wins on the year.

1 hour ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

Surprising to me, this year's grizz are 6-3 with the chance to go 7-3 through ten games.

Last year's team went 5-5 but was 10-5 after 15 games and finished with 43 wins on the year.

Hopefully we can get some separation on some teams.  I would settle for a 4 seed down the road, but would prefer being a 3 seed.  I especially don't wanna be one of four or five teams fighting for a 7th or 8th seed, so we need a bit of a cushion as soon as possible.  T Wolves' record right now is what the Minny optimists would think.  OKC is a middling team right now... might be the classic "good" West team this year that ends up in a dog fight for the 8th seed going into the final weekend.  Not sure if the Rockets are fool's gold, or just a team that will finish somewhere between 2 and 5. 

I still think the Warriors are the team to beat in the West and in the league, but I am not really afraid of them.  I think we match up ok with them.  With the one wild card being, if their potentially explosive second unit goes off against us.  Nick Young can get hot in a hurry and can probably give them 14-15  points per night off the bench in a 7 game series.  Then Iggy, West, and Livingston are solid, grizzled vets who know how to play.  Javale McGee and Jordan Bell are high-variable guys who might give 'em absolutely nothing but fouls and boneheaded plays OR they dunk and block everything in sight and out rebound our bench guys.  The Warriors' bench going video game is probably my ONE dreaded fear. 

Other than that, put your top defender on Klay (face guard him, keep him off the line, make him work on defense, and, in general, shut him down), get in Draymond Green's head, limit his shot attempts and free throws and hold him below 8 and 8 (rebounds and assist).  Then you let Steph and Durant go for 35-40 each, since the Grizzlies might be able to get 110 points per night and win going away.  

The Lakers' job this year is to entertain the fans, entertain TNT/ESPN audiences and ruin road trips for the "good" teams.

So, yeah, maybe they are a trap game, especially since they are not afraid to run.  Hopefully someone stays home on Kuzma.  I think HE is the guy who can beat us.  At times he reminds me of a taller, quicker Klay Thompson.

2 hours ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

Yea and we could be 8-1

58 minutes ago, On My Grizzlie said:

Really cant truly get excited untill we beat the teams we are supposed to beat.

Truth. Im sick to death of the grizzlies M.O. if they can beat the elite teams they can beat the bottom dwellers

this is the First time in Grizzlies history we have a Good bench 

16 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

No Chancun (rest)

Big Spain is questionable 

Sucks...whos gonna check Lopez ?

1 hour ago, notnilc20 said:

Sucks...whos gonna check Lopez ?

Lopez been drainin' 3's left and right. Just sits on the perimeter. Gonna be an interesting match up.

1 hour ago, lions said:

this is the First time in Grizzlies history we have a Good bench 

Def since I've been a fan. One of the best in the league!