Sign in to follow this  
New_Sacred_Cow

Orlando @ Memphis 11/01/07

19 minutes ago, Blue Bear said:

Harrison played ok tonight. He isn't the reason we lost this game. 

He’s however one of the reasons we start slow. For over half of our games, the bench has had to come in facing double digit deficits. He was -20 in 14 mins against the Rockets and -18 in 20 mins today. 

Just now, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I thought he played quite well tonight.

He had a couple of good plays. But as a professional basketball player those couple of plays stand out cuz of how horrendous he’s otherwise.

21 minutes ago, Blue Bear said:

Harrison played ok tonight. He isn't the reason we lost this game. 

Maybe if Harrison was controlling the point on the last plays, the ball would have ended in Marc or Reke's hands? The right hands?

4 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

He had a couple of good plays. But as a professional basketball player those couple of plays stand out cuz of how horrendous he’s otherwise.

He was 4-8, that's a helluva lot better than what Gasol and Conley did in the previous game. At a helluva lot cheaper price.

2 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

Well boys, we look pretty mediocre again.

Nah, I was very skeptical of this team early on but now I'm starting to see a team that is going to have to be reckoned with. Now if Parsons willstep it up again, they'll be fine.

14 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

He was 4-8, that's a helluva lot better than what Gasol and Conley did in the previous game. At a helluva lot cheaper price.

-18 in 20 mins of play 

I’m gonna say this. This is about what one would expect having our star conductor out. Valiant effort by Reke tho. Shoulda been a grizzly from the get go. We still almost beat em lol.

i watched this in downtown Orlando with a Pau jersey on. You don't understand the walk of shame I had to take to my car 😂😂The Magic finally seem to have it working. I give to Vogel. 

30 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

-18 in 20 mins of play 

So what, that just means the players he was playing with wasn't playing worth crap. You think he was the reason the magic was on fire at the start of the game? I don't think he was guarding all of them. Get real man or are you a kid?

8 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

So what, that just means the players he was playing with wasn't playing worth crap. You think he was the reason the magic was on fire at the start of the game? I don't think he was guarding all of them. Get real man or are you a kid?

I must have hit a nerve cuz you had to resort to insults right away. If you can't see the reason we have had slow starts now for a while is cuz of a horrendous SG, then you cannot be helped. He was -18 in 20 mins today, a game that we lost by 2. Against the Rockets, a game that we won by 14, he was -20 in 14 mins. But keep on hoping that Harrison is a serviceable NBA SG. SMDH

2 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

I'm sure the story may change a couple of more times but if JaM was riding Rio and Reke stepped in but then Fizz got on Rio, i'm a little confused. Did Fizz saying anything to JaM? You're injured, stfu. I could understand if you were being encouraging but it sounds like he was being negative. Fizz needs to show some leadership and tell JaM to go sit his azz down, no time for drama. Rio was playing poorly and he was in the wrong but JaM shouldn't be the one running his mouth. I think Rio got caught up in his feelings and just had an even worse game than he was having because his mind wasn't in it, not to mention he may feel like his hc didn't show leadership. 

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

Exactly, its not JaM's place to act the bossman

No offense to either, but it sounds like ya never played organized sports before.

3 hours ago, Holidayinn21 said:

No offense to either, but it sounds like ya never played organized sports before.

Yeah I have, representative sports. One of the first things we learnt is you don't start bagging your teammates, especially in the middle of a game. The coach is the boss, and its for him to take care of this, or the captain of the team. JaM ain't no captain.

Obviously YOU ain't never played representative sports or you wouldn't be saying such ridiculous stuff.

6 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

The fact that Andrew Harrison is not only getting significant minutes for a professional basketball team, but STARTING for one at a position that requires a skill set he does not have, is beyond maddening.  How the hell are you gonna have a "shooting guard" who is one of the worst shooters in the league??!  I sincerely hope that whenever McLemore and Selden return, Andrew Harrison is relegated to 15th man status.

Harrison is shooting about 35%.  Yeah, not good, but Chalmers takes a lot more shots and is shooting only 29%.

5 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

-18 in 20 mins of play 

+/- stat is ridiculous in a one game setting.  Martin was way worse that game.  Doesn't mean that much in one game.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

+/- stat is ridiculous in a one game setting.  Martin was way worse that game.  Doesn't mean that much in one game.

-18 last night in a game that we lost by 2 pts 

-20 in 14 mins of play against the Rockets in a game we won by 14

So, it’s not just one game.

He has the lowest Per on the team 

It’s convenient to ignore stats but the results are there for everyone to see

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

I'll say that Harrison is better suited to playing PG than he is to SG, and he should be coming off the bench.

He’s our 3rd string PG 

Until folks start respecting his shot, that starting unit will remain stagnant

7 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

I must have hit a nerve cuz you had to resort to insults right away. If you can't see the reason we have had slow starts now for a while is cuz of a horrendous SG, then you cannot be helped. He was -18 in 20 mins today, a game that we lost by 2. Against the Rockets, a game that we won by 14, he was -20 in 14 mins. But keep on hoping that Harrison is a serviceable NBA SG. SMDH

It's just stupidity to try to blame 1 person for everything that goes wrong. Get a brain.

8 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I thought he played quite well tonight.

8 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

He’s however one of the reasons we start slow. For over half of our games, the bench has had to come in facing double digit deficits. He was -20 in 14 mins against the Rockets and -18 in 20 mins today. 

7 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

He was guarding the magic's SG Fournier who went off in the 1st quarter. Harrison was guarding him for the 1st 5:40 of the quarter and Fournier scored 8 points in that time going 3-4. 

LTG- Do you believe Harrison played "quite well" because you have such low expectations or do you honestly believe going 0-3 from the arc while having a -18 +/- ratio isn't that bad? Sure Harrison went 4-8 from shots inside the arc but in the Grizzlies offense it is imperitive the wings spread the court and Harrison wasn't doing that, he wasn't stopping his man and the team suffered when he was on the court. I don't see how anyone can rationally say he played "quite well" unless the expectations of him were very low to start. 

When forced to go 4 on 5 due to Augustin's injury, the Magic left Harrison on island by himself. This is what other NBA teams think of him.

25 minutes ago, Dwash said:

When forced to go 4 on 5 due to Augustin's injury, the Magic left Harrison on island by himself. This is what other NBA teams think of him.

Image result for booyah gif

Rio made some weird plays at the end, and the Grizz took ( and bricked) too many 3's down the stretch. This is the second game in a row where the team looked out of sorts in the 4th. I think the big issue here is not the play of Harrison (he did OK last night, for what he is expected to do), but the lack of real , true vet leadership. With TA, VC, and Z-Bo gone, there is not one player on the team that can be considered a true , respected vet leader. Gasol and Conley have the credentials, and the respect to be those leaders, but that's just not their personalities.  Rio plays with too much of a chip on his shoulder, and Reke and Wright haven't done enough in the league to warrant the respect needed to be that leader. Parsons... just no.  Everyone else is too young. That's something that the FO did not consider with this youth movement, no vet leaders. Something is going to have to change real quick because there will be many close games this year, with the style that they are playing.

10 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Makes you wonder why Fizdale plays him. It’s beyond understanding why he starts him.

Unlike some of ya'll i don't wonder why he plays Harrison.   He plainly stated why.    I am sure the expectation was that Wayne would be back quickly so Harrison wouldn't have to be in the spot for long anyway.   This is a band-aid.  Logically keeping his brand new second unit together to gel makes sense.   

Then take into consideration if you look at the 2 units,when season first started, adding Harrison to the unit with guys he is already familiar with and your two strongest scorers makes sense.   Plus they actually started winning games with Harrison starting - so if it aint broke don't fix it.  

Now i am not saying Harrison should be starting but i am just saying while we were still winning then why mess with it?    Remember that it isn't like Harrison is closing games or anything - he still plays the least amount of minutes.   But if we are to banish Harrison then outside of Brooks who do we promote?   We have a team full of guys on minutes restrictions and coming off major injuries.    Fiz wants to play at faster pace so you need atleast 9-10 guys to do it properly.   We have gone from having excess guards to being short on guards since start of season.  

Harrison has to play and until last two games we were still winning.   Now it may be time to make a change but really only move that can be made is swapping him out for Brooks.    I think it should be done but i get why it hasn't been done. 

11 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

Rio made some weird plays at the end, and the Grizz took ( and bricked) too many 3's down the stretch. This is the second game in a row where the team looked out of sorts in the 4th. I think the big issue here is not the play of Harrison (he did OK last night, for what he is expected to do), but the lack of real , true vet leadership. With TA, VC, and Z-Bo gone, there is not one player on the team that can be considered a true , respected vet leader. Gasol and Conley have the credentials, and the respect to be those leaders, but that's just not their personalities.  Rio plays with too much of a chip on his shoulder, and Reke and Wright haven't done enough in the league to warrant the respect needed to be that leader. Parsons... just no.  Everyone else is too young. That's something that the FO did not consider with this youth movement, no vet leaders. Something is going to have to change real quick because there will be man close games this year, with the style that they are playing.

Don't discount the fact that they mainly worked on defense in training camp.  Last few seasons Coaches could get away with that because the main guys been playing together for years.   Now we have a bunch of dudes that have never played together before; so them not having lots of reps in the offense shows.   They don't have anything to fall back on when basic offense doesn't work.  Luckily we have Tyreke who can cover up for that in spurts but we don't need to rely on that solely. 

I agree with you that strong leadership can help in situations like this.