Sign in to follow this  
New_Sacred_Cow

Charlotte @ Memphis 10/30/17

1 minute ago, grizz1016 said:

The starting lineup is getting stagnant. We need Ben back soon.

We need both Ben and Selden back. Jam as well. Get Harrison out of the lineup all together.

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

may be time to change up starting lineup.   scouting report is out on JMart and Harrison.    MKG guarding mike was a big factor 

Jarell played well. Just need Jam back for some solid minutes to offset Martin

Mike has been weak since the N.O. game. This is why he's never been an All-star.

The starting lineup needs a shake up. AH and jarell are not NBA starters. Just 48 points tonight.

1 minute ago, Holidayinn21 said:

Mike has been weak since the N.O. game. This is why he's never been an All-star.

The starting lineup needs a shake up. AH and jarell are not NBA starters. Just 48 points tonight.

Its really just Harrison that needs to be replaced. 

Put brooks in to start if you feel Reke or parsons can’t handle it.

44 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Its really just Harrison that needs to be replaced. 

Put brooks in to start if you feel Reke or parsons can’t handle it.

So time to starr Brooks. Hate to say it but another loss might spark that change.

1 hour ago, Memphis Maverick said:

We need both Ben and Selden back. Jam as well. Get Harrison out of the lineup all together.

Harrison didn't play nearly as bad as Gasol and Conley did. If you're going to blame someone, blame it on the right 1s.

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

may be time to change up starting lineup.   scouting report is out on JMart and Harrison.    MKG guarding mike was a big factor 

Just let the subs start with Gasol.

What the heck happened in the second half?  We couldn't throw it in the ocean....M&M really gotta step it up....last 2 games they've looked bad.  

Another thing, I'm so tired of seeing that long *** Nike commercial...Durant carries the ball on first dribble and Lebron takes 3 steps before he throws the alleyoop.  

5 hours ago, grizz1016 said:

Injuries already creeping in

Conley doesn’t look right 

Marc has an ankle issue 

SMH

Clock. Work.

I told ya'll to stop getting overly excited at the first 5 games of the season.  Happens every **** year we start out flaming hot.  

2 hours ago, Memfizz said:

Clock. Work.

I told ya'll to stop getting overly excited at the first 5 games of the season.  Happens every **** year we start out flaming hot.  

Calm down turbo

3 hours ago, Memfizz said:

Clock. Work.

Go sit down somewhere. This team has a bench and players missing right now. I’m usually one of those skeptics but if we stay healthy we make some noise.

marc and mike had 2 bad games. Still won one by double digits. You have those nights where shots just don’t fall as a team. We were up by 10 without hitting a field goal in like 6-7 minutes. 

Thats not normal and you know it. We hit 3-6 more shots and the game was over.

The should sit Mike and Marc at least for a week. It's not like we are at the end of teh season battling for playoff positioning or anything. It's the beginning of the season and if they have injuries that area ffecting their games, sit them a few games. minor injuries can manifest themselves into major injuries. Your body tries to compensate in different places and puts strains on other parts of the body, your balance is off, your equilibrium is and you could pull something somewhere else in your body. 

I didn't see the entire game, only the last quarter and a half but it's obvious that Mike and Marc have not been "right" the past couple of games. No need to force them out there this early in the season imo. As a matter of fact, I would go overly conservative and throw Marc in a walking boot for a few days to stabilize his ankle. 

Teams are focusing 100% on Mike and letting Marc do what he wants. They know Mike makes the whole ship run so are working to make his life tough out there.

The big issue is outside of Marc in the starting lineup, there isn't much firepower. Once Jam and McLemore are in there then they won't be able to focus on Mike as much.

Ben Mac, Jam, and Ennis will just need to hang on the wing open when teams double on Mike or Marc.

5 hours ago, Memfizz said:

Clock. Work.

You've barely said a word in the opening stretches of the season and now you're gonna come flying in on your high horse after one loss. lol.

For the first time since Parsons joined the team, I was thinking last  night that he needs to play more.

He should have been in there the last few minutes of the game.  They were up 7 when JMart came into the game for Parsons with 7 minutes left.  Maybe he is on a minutes restriction still, but 19  minutes isn't enough.

The lineup for the majority of the last 4 minutes should have been Mike, Tyreke, Ennis, Parsons, and Gasol.

I'll wait to see what the Grizz have in B Mac, but there needs to be more consistent scoring in the starting lineup. I like what they have in the bench, but some of that is Fizz not playing the best players in the starting lineup, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The problem is Gasol and Conley have to produce at a high level every night for the starting lineup to be effective. They will not produce every night like the team needs. So, there needs to be more consistent scoring there, whether it comes from B Mac or moving Reke or Parsons into the starting lineup, something has to change. I wouldn't mind seeing a starting lineup with Conley, BMac, Ennis, Green, and Gasol if BMac can get 15 pts/gm. This way, then bench is still as potent as it is now, and the starting lineup has more firepower.  If he can't deliver that type of production, the Grizz will have to revert to Grit and Grind 2.0 and D up teams with Seldon at the starting 2. Even the bench can have switching with J Mart/Chandler taking over back up PF position, while Seldon/BMac , Reke, D Brooks, and Rio rotating in and out depending on matchups.

But the key to the season's success is going to be finding a consistent scorer in the starting lineup. If not, then they are going to have to slow the pace down and play some really elite D, because they will not be able to outscore anybody.  

13 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

I'll wait to see what the Grizz have in B Mac, but there needs to be more consistent scoring in the starting lineup. I like what they have in the bench, but some of that is Fizz not playing the best players in the starting lineup, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The problem is Gasol and Conley have to produce at a high level every night for the starting lineup to be effective. They will not produce every night like the team needs. So, there needs to be more consistent scoring there, whether it comes from B Mac or moving Reke or Parsons into the starting lineup, something has to change. I wouldn't mind seeing a starting lineup with Conley, BMac, Ennis, Green, and Gasol if BMac can get 15 pts/gm. This way, then bench is still as potent as it is now, and the starting lineup has more firepower.  If he can't deliver that type of production, the Grizz will have to revert to Grit and Grind 2.0 and D up teams with Seldon at the starting 2. Even the bench can have switching with J Mart/Chandler taking over back up PF position, while Seldon/BMac , Reke, D Brooks, and Rio rotating in and out depending on matchups.

But the key to the season's success is going to be finding a consistent scorer in the starting lineup. If not, then they are going to have to slow the pace down and play some really elite D, because they will not be able to outscore anybody.  

I almost agree with your entire assessment except the slow the pace down part for starting unit.     When the starting unit was most successful it was when Ennis and JMart were flying up and down the court in transition.     Ben Mc, JaMyke,JMart, and James are all more prolific in faster pace transition bball than halfcourt.   Mike can play either style but Harrison has no idea how to play faster.  Marc prefers halfcourt but can play transition if he gets defensive rebounds.  

Lately they have been crawling in pace which means defenses have time to setup and much easier to just key in on Gasol and MIke.     That first unit needs to run, period.   The second unit is better equipped to play halfcourt although they shouldn't either.   Now that we are 10 deep running shouldn't be a problem.      i know Fiz is telling them this -its just difficult for M&M to do consistently because they never have. 

16 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

But the key to the season's success is going to be finding a consistent scorer in the starting lineup.

This was always my thought, even before the season began.

Hopefully, the last few games are an aberration for scoring for Mike and Marc. I didn't think they would come back to earth before ten games. Then again, that probably is wholly due to a lack of the third scoring opting in the starting lineup.

9 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I almost agree with your entire assessment except the slow the pace down part for starting unit.     When the starting unit was most successful it was when Ennis and JMart were flying up and down the court in transition.     Ben Mc, JaMyke,JMart, and James are all more prolific in faster pace transition bball than halfcourt.   Mike can play either style but Harrison has no idea how to play faster.  Marc prefers halfcourt but can play transition if he gets defensive rebounds.  

Lately they have been crawling in pace which means defenses have time to setup and much easier to just key in on Gasol and MIke.     That first unit needs to run, period.   The second unit is better equipped to play halfcourt although they shouldn't either.   Now that we are 10 deep running shouldn't be a problem.      i know Fiz is telling them this -its just difficult for M&M to do consistently because they never have. 

The Grizzlies have been at the bottom in pace all season. When exactly were Ennis and Martin flying up and down the court in transition? The defense got some turnovers and Gasol grabbed some boards allowing the team to appear to be running more than they actually were. Once Gasol came back to last season's rebounding numbers and the opponents stopped turning the ball over so much the team appears to have stopped running.

If you want the pace to appear quicker simply coerce the opponent to turn the ball over more and get Gasol to start rebounding again. As long as Ennis and Martin are needed to clear the boards they can't get out and run.   

1 hour ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

The should sit Mike and Marc at least for a week. It's not like we are at the end of teh season battling for playoff positioning or anything. It's the beginning of the season and if they have injuries that area ffecting their games, sit them a few games. minor injuries can manifest themselves into major injuries. Your body tries to compensate in different places and puts strains on other parts of the body, your balance is off, your equilibrium is and you could pull something somewhere else in your body. 

I didn't see the entire game, only the last quarter and a half but it's obvious that Mike and Marc have not been "right" the past couple of games. No need to force them out there this early in the season imo. As a matter of fact, I would go overly conservative and throw Marc in a walking boot for a few days to stabilize his ankle. 

I get the feeling that they (the team) are trying to stack games early. in the season. Of course the lack of real offense in the starting lineup as well as the dearth of front court depth doesn't help either.

I love having a team full of clones that are able to switch on defense, but it is apparent that the FO needs another big body ASAP so as not to allow Marc to run himself into the ground. Clearly, they will need Marc-V.P. to make any kinda run to and in the playoffs. That doesn't happen if is run down and dealing with nagging injuries all season.