Sitting at 5-2 without 2 of our starters (I consider either Selden or McLemore the starting SG). High hopes that when they both come back that it will regulate Harrison to the 5th guard in the rotation.

3 minutes ago, Adrenalize74 said:

Sitting at 5-2 without 2 of our starters (I consider either Selden or McLemore the starting SG). High hopes that when they both come back that it will regulate Harrison to the 5th guard in the rotation.

I wonder how the minutes will be divided once Selden, McLemore and Green are back in the rotation? 

Conley should average 30 MPG leaving Chalmers with the remaining 18. After that things get complicated. Will Selden, McLemore and Evans share minutes at SG evenly (approximately 16 MPG each)? Will Evans play more SF leaving McLemore and Selden more minutes at SG? What about SF? How will Ennis, Brooks and Evans divide minutes?

What about PF? Green averaged 27 MPG last season. Parsons is wanting more than the 15 he's been held back to so far this season. Martin has earned more PT as well. Gasol shouldn't play more than 30 MPG either but will Martin be used as a small ball C or will that role remain with Wright? 

Lots of questions remain about how things will shake out in the rotation. As a Hustle half season ticket holder I wouldn't mind seeing Brooks given some run in the G League over sitting on the bench with the Grizzlies but that is just me. 

I think with our current roster, the SG/SF position is very fluid.  McLemore, Selden, Evans, and Brooks are all interchangeable as SG/SF so it doesnt really matter which is which.

I dont see Parsons as a PF or even stretch 4, he is a SF all day. At least that is how he is playing right now.  So essentially you have 5 players who can fill the SG/SF role and it becomes a matchup game depending on opponent.

51 minutes ago, Adrenalize74 said:

And looking at the schedule in the preseason, how many would've actually believed that?

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I wonder how the minutes will be divided once Selden, McLemore and Green are back in the rotation? 

Conley should average 30 MPG leaving Chalmers with the remaining 18. After that things get complicated. Will Selden, McLemore and Evans share minutes at SG evenly (approximately 16 MPG each)? Will Evans play more SF leaving McLemore and Selden more minutes at SG? What about SF? How will Ennis, Brooks and Evans divide minutes?

What about PF? Green averaged 27 MPG last season. Parsons is wanting more than the 15 he's been held back to so far this season. Martin has earned more PT as well. Gasol shouldn't play more than 30 MPG either but will Martin be used as a small ball C or will that role remain with Wright? 

Lots of questions remain about how things will shake out in the rotation. As a Hustle half season ticket holder I wouldn't mind seeing Brooks given some run in the G League over sitting on the bench with the Grizzlies but that is just me. 

Maybe a trade with Wright in the package for a big who can cover C more so than PF?

Agreed, it is very fluid and interchangeable, it is like this because the FO are holding a lot of insurance policies ( for Reke, Rio, Chandler). Throw in JMart being better than expected.

For me, Chandler will play @ 4 much more than @ 3, Reke will be @ 3 much more than @ 2,  someone is going to be traded or spend time with the Hustle. I hope Brooks stays in the rotation.

The other X factor will be how well BenMac and Selden shoot when they return. I liked Selden's play in the playoffs but his career %FG is not good, BenMac's is better but this is a whole new system for him, and his FGA is not that high.

The team, rotations, and positions are definitely not settled on yet

I sure hope they don't trade Wright. I like him as a change of pace big and he can run with the second unit.  I think Ben Mac starts at the 2 and Jam back at the 4 ofcourse. I don't think we will see much of Martin but  think Harrison will still find a few spot minutes. I want to see brooks/selden reke parsons Wright and Rio running the second unit. The push the pace second unit can be fire! I'm not sure how coach can spread minutes but brooks should be in the rotation and I can't figure it how to make it all work

Mike Marc Ennis Jam BenMac

Reke rio brooks/selden parsons Wright

think the second unit of selden or brooks will depend on matchup and how selden plays when he and Ben mac get  back

I am real excited with how deep we are but can't have dead stretches like we did against charlotte and Dallas. 

7 hours ago, chipc3 said:

You need to think more negatively.

I think the minutes thing will be less of an issue because players are going to get injured, thrusting Brandon Wright and Andrew Harrison into the starting lineup while 2-4 players from this list (Conley, Gasol, Parsons, Chalmers, Tyreke, JaM, Tony Allen, Brian Cardinal, Hakim Warrick) sit with injuries.

55 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

You need to think more negatively.

I think the minutes thing will be less of an issue because players are going to get injured, thrusting Brandon Wright and Andrew Harrison into the starting lineup while 2-4 players from this list (Conley, Gasol, Parsons, Chalmers, Tyreke, JaM, Tony Allen, Brian Cardinal, Hakim Warrick) sit with injuries.

Yeah. I’m getting too optimistic I guess. 

20 hours ago, chipc3 said:

The way Brooks is playing, a stint in the G League would be a demotion.  He is at least as good as Harrison right now (I mean he's playing better than him, but its only been six games).  Harrison isn't going to be sent to the G League and neither should Brooks.  I don't even think it would help his development, just have one more priority in the way of another prospect like Kobi Simmons that needs attention and mentoring.

Just now, Michael D said:

The way Brooks is playing, a stint in the G League would be a demotion.  He is at least as good as Harrison right now (I mean he's playing better than him, but its only been six games).  Harrison isn't going to be sent to the G League and neither should Brooks.  I don't even think it would help his development, just have one more priority in the way of another prospect like Kobi Simmons that needs attention and mentoring.

If Selden and McLemore outplay Brooks then is it better for his development to sit on the bench or play in the G League? 

13 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

Benny has been assigned to the G League to rehab 

This is great news on multiple fronts. Memphis in the past didn't use the G League for rehabs because they didn't own the team and the team wasn't based in Memphis. Clearly this is a major positive for Ben and the team. Also the Grizzlies brought up Ivan Rabb from the Hustle in case Gasol can't go tonight. This wouldn't have been possible in the past either. 

1 hour ago, Subliminal said:

They’re never coming back 😿

Selden will probably be back next week. I can’t wait to get them both back. 

8 hours ago, chipc3 said:

If Selden and McLemore outplay Brooks then is it better for his development to sit on the bench or play in the G League? 

Sit on the bench. In reality Harrison will be he one left out at that point.

3 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Sit on the bench. In reality Harrison will be he one left out at that point.

Harrison should be out with the first player returning. 

21 hours ago, chipc3 said:

This is great news on multiple fronts. Memphis in the past didn't use the G League for rehabs because they didn't own the team and the team wasn't based in Memphis. Clearly this is a major positive for Ben and the team. Also the Grizzlies brought up Ivan Rabb from the Hustle in case Gasol can't go tonight. This wouldn't have been possible in the past either. 

Yes, it is the first positive news on any of these injuries.

Tony Parker just returned to the Spurs after a very brief G-League visit. I think every coach will now be able to say, if Tony Parker can play rehab games in G-League after a significant layoff, almost any player can.

Any update on this ??and Jam.?????

How is Mclemore doing in the hustle??

Are we gonna send jam and Selden to the Hustle once they are healthy to warm them up??or are they gonna stay with the team?

4 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Any update on this ??and Jam.?????

How is Mclemore doing in the hustle??

Are we gonna send jam and Selden to the Hustle once they are healthy to warm them up??or are they gonna stay with the team?

I keep hearing Selden and Ben are going to be ready on Saturday 

8 hours ago, Subliminal said:

I keep hearing Selden and Ben are going to be ready on Saturday