Man, I really like what I've seen so far from the team, but it seems like everyone is rushing to make judgments or assumptions two games into the season just because we beat a struggling NOP team and caught GSW by surprise on the second night of a back-to-back.  I'm not assuming anything.  You can't judge rookies or team chemistry after two games.

I thinks brooks defense has been pretty good. One huge thing I noticed was late in the shot clock he doesn't look scared and throw it to Mike. I like that he isn't afraid to take a shot.

Ennis is playing extremely hard and that is what we can use alongside Mike and Marc. Coach seems to know what buttons to push right now so hopefully it continues and we can stay healthy. 

It is just my opinion but I would not take ennis out of the starting lineup. I think Parsons role right now is really nice and that guy is working hard on defense also. That second unit is just scary on defense and Reke can just take over a few possessions like he has done and go to the hoop (which we haven't had consistently in a long time off the bench)

9 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If he starts then that moves Ennis to SG because Brooks isn't agile enough to guard those guys.   keep in mind that one of the advantages the starting lineup was going to enjoy was extreme switchability.   

Ben, Ennis, JaMyke, and Wayne can all guard 1-3 respectably.    The only value Harrison provides currently is that he defends whichever guard is the biggest offensive threat so Mike can rest on defense.  Brooks can't provide that.   

The only way i can justify starting brooks over Wayne or Ben is if he proves to be the more lethal and respected scorer and improves his defense.  

I think at Brooks size he will eventually have to learn to guards two guards.

might be better if Brooks plays with Tyreke off the bench.

The guy needs some one to pass to, and DBrooks can fill it up.

14 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Man, I really like what I've seen so far from the team, but it seems like everyone is rushing to make judgments or assumptions two games into the season just because we beat a struggling NOP team and caught GSW by surprise on the second night of a back-to-back.  I'm not assuming anything.  You can't judge rookies or team chemistry after two games.

I don't think NOP is struggling. They look to be a solid playoff team this year. OKC is a struggling team, maybe even Golden State.

14 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

We didnt catch golden state by suprise. Gs hates the grizzlies and they want to bury us any chance they get.

Problem was they have no bench. And the grizzlies can hit 3s.

17 hours ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

I'm sorry but I don't think it will be hard to find minutes as it relates to Martin. I'm sure he's going to go right to the end of the bench when JaM returns.

Not arguing this, but I hope he makes it hard and he keeps playing better. No doubt, we need Green back soon.

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

We didnt catch golden state by suprise. Gs hates the grizzlies and they want to bury us any chance they get.

Problem was they have no bench. And the grizzlies can hit 3s.

Exactly! No excuses.  GSW never take the Grizzlies lightly, especially since last years whoopings!  We're the only team in the NBA to whoop them and get them to loose their composure like that.

1 hour ago, Michael D said:

Exactly! No excuses.  GSW never take the Grizzlies lightly, especially since last years whoopings!  We're the only team in the NBA to whoop them and get them to loose their composure like that.

They hate us.

Really anxious for Wayne or Ben to come back so Harrison can go back to end of rotation.    He is getting the TA treatment and it is making things more difficult for Conley at the start of games.   Either one of them will be an upgrade over him. 

I still think Harrison is a useful player and glad we kept him over Wade.  But he is not a starter in this league.  

7 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Really anxious for Wayne or Ben to come back so Harrison can go back to end of rotation.    He is getting the TA treatment and it is making things more difficult for Conley at the start of games.   Either one of them will be an upgrade over him. 

I still think Harrison is a useful player and glad we kept him over Wade.  But he is not a starter in this league.  

He’s starting so that makes him a starter in this league.

Or was that only true about JaMychal Green? 

4 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

He’s starting so that makes him a starter in this league.

Or was that only true about JaMychal Green? 

JaMyke been a starter for an entire year and held his own if not thrived.   Then earned a hefty pay raise.   That makes him a starter in this league.   

I hate that Seldon is hurt, the way he played in the playoffs and summer league has me excited to see him get going.

1 hour ago, Jetfixer said:

I hate that Seldon is hurt, the way he played in the playoffs and summer league has me excited to see him get going.

Yeah me too

4 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

Should be back any game though right?

Just now, Subliminal said:

Should be back any game though right?

Gah I can’t wait. The league doesn’t know about him yet. He can tear it up.

When will McLemore or Selden be available? Harrison has to be the WORST starting 2-guard in the NBA. He's worst than having TA. Defenses sag off of him and dare him to shoot. At least TA moved without the ball. Any timeline for these two to return?

No news on these two?

Drew needs a well-deserved long-lasting rest. I actually like the guy's effort, but he's killing our starting unit.

On 10/29/2017 at 9:58 AM, f-dizzle said:

When will McLemore or Selden be available? Harrison has to be the WORST starting 2-guard in the NBA. He's worst than having TA. Defenses sag off of him and dare him to shoot. At least TA moved without the ball. Any timeline for these two to return?

Ben McLemore has been taking shots before games and appears close to returning but hasn't received medical clearance yet. Selden is day to day with the same type of quad injury that has shelved Kawhi Leonard all season. I talked to a Grizzlies insider who said he wouldn't be surprised if Ben McLemore returns before Selden.

JaMychal is out another week most likely. 

Andrew Harrison is limited, but right now we are 5-1.  I would be ok with him averaging 5-3-3 IF he can hit his shot.  But, if teams are playing off him and he is not making great passes and playing lockdown defense then he isn't very useful.  As long as we win though, the starting 2 guard spot is his to lose, since he can handle the ball a bit, rebound some, and play solid defense.  Just has to hit the open jumper.  Not sure who should get the start once McLemore/Selden come back.  I like Selden's energy and defense, but maybe we need a shooter... If Selden's shot is on, great, he is the new starter, if not, I wouldn't mind giving McLemore a run, and let Ennis guard the best perimeter player, with McLemore and Conley switching on the guards.

Once JaMychal Green comes back, I think I would do this: move Brandan Wright to the 6th man role.  He seems more effective as the 2nd big so he could come in for Jarell Martin (the current starter).  If Harrison is still at the 2, then Wright could actually come in for any of our 5 starters -- we COULD tweak the lineup featuring a bigger defensive unit of Conley and Ennis in the backcourt, J Mart at the 3, with Wright and Gasol inside.  Then go with a long, savvy, and more athletic second unit of Chalmers, Evans, Brooks, Chandler Parsons and JaMychal Green as our main rebounder and shot blocker.  He has more range, energy, and rebounding potential than Wright.  

We go with an 11 man rotation, with one of Harrison/McLemore/Selden being the starter and one of the others being the odd man out, unless you can dress out 14 guys in the playoffs (I would prefer dressing out an extra big man, either Davis, Rabb, or maybe a G League revelation).  So, if Harrison loses his spot at the starting 2 guard spot, and if Tyreke Evans can play some as a third string point guard, then Andrew Harrison becomes the odd man out.  Or, Dillon Brooks, if he fades, with either Selden or McLemore taking his spot in our vaunted second unit.

Our best, all-around, NASTIEST second unit might end up being Chalmers, Reke, Wayne Selden, Chandler Parsons, and JaMychal Green.  A speedier, more defensive second unit, while still being providing prenty of length and outside shooting.  In that case, McLemore starts, Wright is still the 6th man (or Dillon Brooks) with Harrison, Rabb, or Davis (Vince Hunter?) getting the 13th man spot.  If Brooks is the 6th man then he can play either the 2 or the 3 with our small ballish 2nd unit still being effective with Selden/Green providing more defense than our current second shift iteration.  Then you have McLemore as the 3 point sniper in the starting unit, with Andrew Harrison being relegated to the 12th man/emergency 3rd string point guard role.  13th man rotates between Brandan Wright, and our young project bigs.  We probably rest Wright every now and then anyway, and still want to give Davis/Rabb some garbage minutes.  I am not even ruling out Austin Nichols getting a look with the big boy club.  Pretty soon, I can see Brandan Wright being one of our better trade chips along with either Davis or Rabb, cash considerations, and the rights to a random G Leaguer.  With Jahlil Okafor's plummeting trade value, maybe that poo poo platter gets it done.

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Ben McLemore has been taking shots before games and appears close to returning but hasn't received medical clearance yet. Selden is day to day with the same type of quad injury that has shelved Kawhi Leonard all season. I talked to a Grizzlies insider who said he wouldn't be surprised if Ben McLemore returns before Selden.

JaMychal is out another week most likely. 

I saw an injury report yesterday and it only had Selden and JaM on it. I think I saw it on Twitter. it may mean absolutely nothing as it could be that it wasn't properly updated or the info they posted was incomplete but it was after Saturday's game so I wonder. 

9 minutes ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

I saw an injury report yesterday and it only had Selden and JaM on it. I think I saw it on Twitter. it may mean absolutely nothing as it could be that it wasn't properly updated or the info they posted was incomplete but it was after Saturday's game so I wonder. 

If it is correct, then I hope McLemore is 110%. No need to bring anyone on early at this point. 

11 minutes ago, BLUEandGOLD said:

If it is correct, then I hope McLemore is 110%. No need to bring anyone on early at this point. 

I just checked Grizz pR Twitter and the have Marc as questionable for the game tonight and JaM as out, no mention of Selden or McLemore.