Sign in to follow this  
Kevin B Moses

Paging Memphisx, bgassassin, sixthman, grizzliesiqyo, chipc3, we need to hear your thoughts

Guys, I’m in Orange Beach for a friends 50th birthday but watched the game online. 

Brooks had one of the best first games in Grizzlies history. The best was Gordon Giricek’s 29 point outing and he faded rather quickly after that. I hope Dillon won’t follow in those footsteps but we need to expect a return toward normal. Please prove me wrong!

Parsons looked like a disaster in the 1st half but played well enough as a back up PF in the 2nd. He may never earn his contract but he could be serviceable if he can stay healthy. Please don’t make me wrong about this.

i wonder how the new faster paced offense will affect Gasol’s offense. It seem he isn’t getting comfortable before a shot goes up a lot of times but that’s an easy adjustment. Cousins and Davis are a handful for anyone so hopefully Gasol will be more involved in the offense against the Warriors.

Conley still looks great. I expected him to be better but he may even be better than I thought. 

Green’s injury sucks but will give Martin a chance to build on his training camp. Hopefully he will make the most of his opportunity. If not I hope Ivan Rabb can step up and make an impression. Winners from both draft picks would ease the pain of Wade, Rade and Deyonta.

speakingg of Davis, rather telling that Fizdale wasn’t comfortable turning to him at all against the Twin Pelicans. Looking more and more like 2016 was a 3 pitch strikeout. 

I feel I severely over-rated New Orleans before the season from the last two games. I expected the Pelicans to play off their big men far more efficiently. Losing Rondo hurts but they still have problems even if he returns. I suspect Gentry is already on the hot seat.

We’ll find out if the new look Grizzlies can compete with a real team Saturday night. I’ll be watching on a delay basis (the party is that night) but I would be happy to eat my words if the Grizzlies wins. 

I didn't watch a lot of Grizzlies last year because the team just wasn't fun to watch in my opinion.  It seems we have fresh new life after moving on from 2 of the Core 4.  The team had surreal chemistry and everyone looked comfortable in their roles.  If we can keep this up, we have a shot at following the Spurs model of creating system players around our two stars and being a contender based on team ball not riding superstars.  I am very excited to see if this works against Golden State especially since New Orleans was all over them.  The one thing it appears we have a lot of this year is DEPTH.

YO

Also, I am really hoping Conley can finally get an All Star birth. It wil be hard but not impossible.

8 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Also, I am really hoping Conley can finally get an All Star birth. It wil be hard but not impossible.

Cp3 fall off may get them there. If the Warriors take a breath from all of the winning that will help too (Thompson).

Near locks:

Harden, Westbrook, KD, Kawai, Steph, AD, PG3

The rest it really just depends on the quality of their team:

Thompson, Draymond, Aldridge, Towns/Butler/Wiggins(one timberwolf), Lilliard, Gasol (cause he plays C and has a bigger reputation), Blake, Gobert, Jokic (yes if they win and he is racking triple doubles), Boogie, CP3 (reputation)

Lord I didnt realize how  stacked this list was until I wrote it out lol but it maybe possible I guess.

Been a long time since we've been graced by bgassassin's presence. More impactful than Thabeet's presence. ;)

1 hour ago, GF#1 said:

Been a long time since we've been graced by bgassassin's presence. More impactful than Thabeet's presence. ;)

Yeah, definitely miss his presence more than Thabeet's.  There were some good discussions he started or participated in.