New_Sacred_Cow

Golden State @ Memphis 10/21/17

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

(1-0) vs. (0-1)
conley-gasol-parsons-gt-400x300.jpg

Date/Time: Saturday, October 21, 7 pm CT

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: Grizzlies Magnet Schedule to all fans.

Officials: TBA

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Mike Conley Andrew Harrison James Ennis Jarell Martin Marc Gasol
201144.png 1626150.png 203516.png 1626185.png 201188.png

Pelicans Starting 5

Steph Curry Klay Thompson Kevin Durant David West Zaza Pachulia
201939.png 202691.png 201142.png 2561.png 2585.png

Benches

• Dillon Brooks
  • Mario Chalmers
  • Deyonta Davis
  • Tyreke Evans
  • JaMychal Green
  • Ben McLemore
  • Chandler Parsons
  • Ivan Rabb
  • Wayne Selden
  • Brandan Wright
  • Jordan Bell
  • Omri Casspi
  • Draymond Green
  • Andre Iguodala
  • Damian Jones
  • Shaun Livingston
  • Kevon Looney
  • Patrick McCaw
  • JaVale McGee
  • Nick Young

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Pelicans: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Not sure which directions the team will go without Jam. Slotting Wright in there for now but I could see them go with Martin as well since there is no depth behind Gasol right now.

18 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I believe in Chandler.

Same here. Remember last season when Troy Daniels had a hard time making a shot and everyone was freaking out. Look how that turned out.

Once a shooter finds their rhythm then things are good.

20 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

Same here. Remember last season when Troy Daniels had a hard time making a shot and everyone was freaking out. Look how that turned out.

He honestly looks more mobile. The shot is just gone. I honestly think he will find it cause most of his misses land short which is always a positive sign as compared to a guy like Harrison who just cant shoot cause his misses land everywhere.

18 minutes ago, New_Sacred_Cow said:

Good point.   If Parsons regains his shooting stroke then he can be a much more useful player than Daniels as a backup PF.   Daniels problem was that ALL he could do is shoot.   He offered nothing else so that made him mostly unplayable.  

Even a diminished athletically Parsons is still a good passer and ball-handler.  As long as he can hold his own defensively against backup 4's then he can play himself into a shooting rhythm.

The other thing that bothers me is people booing him for not shooting. I would rather a guy pass up the shot and swing the ball to someone else who is open or cutting to the rim than just throwing up a shot for the sake of shooting. Parsons he a slower release so if the defender is closing out on him, he is making the smart play to pass.

The shot will come, he is still working to get to 100%. If he doesn't look improved at all by March, then we will can start to become much more concerned.

This is the first big test of the season and big break for us that GS are likely without Draymond. They looked like a different team when he went out of the game vs Houston. 

He looked ok out there.  Obviously slower, but Marc didn't look too swift either.  And, one of these days, that's what Z Bo is gonna look like, too, possibly by the end of this season.  So, not losing any sleep over being Z Bo-less.  If Jam Green can give us 15 a night when he gets healthy, then if we only get 8-10 a night from Parsons that might be enough.  Our DEEP BENCH can have multiple guys chip in.  So, as long as Green/Ennis score a few points that takes some pressure off of Parsons to fill it up.  If Parsons can't reliably hit the 3 any more then he needs to concentrate on (the lost art of) the mid-range jumper, short baseline jumpers (that shot is ALWAYS there), and operating out of the high post.  Without Zach we don't really have any guys who can do damage in the post.  Oddly enough, he is our Z Bo replacement now as a 6th man who can hit some shots, grab some boards, and make some solid plays.  Parsons needs to watch tapes of 1992 Dream Team Larry Bird -- could barely move but still made some plays every other game.

27 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

He looked ok out there.  Obviously slower, but Marc didn't look too swift either.  And, one of these days, that's what Z Bo is gonna look like, too, possibly by the end of this season.  So, not losing any sleep over being Z Bo-less.  If Jam Green can give us 15 a night when he gets healthy, then if we only get 8-10 a night from Parsons that might be enough.  Our DEEP BENCH can have multiple guys chip in.  So, as long as Green/Ennis score a few points that takes some pressure off of Parsons to fill it up.  If Parsons can't reliably hit the 3 any more then he needs to concentrate on (the lost art of) the mid-range jumper, short baseline jumpers (that shot is ALWAYS there), and operating out of the high post.  Without Zach we don't really have any guys who can do damage in the post.  Oddly enough, he is our Z Bo replacement now as a 6th man who can hit some shots, grab some boards, and make some solid plays.  Parsons needs to watch tapes of 1992 Dream Team Larry Bird -- could barely move but still made some plays every other game.

He is having issues but opposing players are still closing out on him hard at the 3 point line so that shows players still respect him. The two open 3s he passed up he pump faked past the defender and got a step inside the line. Granted he passed those shots but it might be good for him to start shooting those long 2s and midrange shots until his confidence grows back out to the 3.

I agree he can still do plenty of damage being slower just by doing the little things to make the players around him better.

Isn't this 10/21? The thread title says 10/28. Not criticizing, just happened to notice.Great job with the graphics and everything.

I'm not worried about Wright's strength, I mean, it's not like JaM is the incredible hulk out there or anything and West really isn't a threat offensively. We're going to get slaughtered on the perimeter.

1 hour ago, Notorious O.D.K. said:

Isn't this 10/21? The thread title says 10/28. Not criticizing, just happened to notice.Great job with the graphics and everything.

I'm not worried about Wright's strength, I mean, it's not like JaM is the incredible hulk out there or anything and West really isn't a threat offensively. We're going to get slaughtered on the perimeter.

Overlooked that. Thank you. Title has been updated.

Jarell Martin getting the starting spot now. Draymond's MRI was negative, so who knows how long he will be out.

Haven't really been keeping up w other teams very well lately, are the Warriors still good?

2 hours ago, Subliminal said:

Haven't really been keeping up w other teams very well lately, are the Warriors still good?

LOL

You're still in fine form

Hope to see some Brooks on Durant.

Just not sure who is gonna cover KD when he switches to PF, maybe Ennis+Parsons? Gulp....

14 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Hope to see some Brooks on Durant.

Just not sure who is gonna cover KD when he switches to PF, maybe Ennis+Parsons? Gulp....

KD and Klay are both a problem. 

Sadly we will probably see alot of Ennis...the only way I see us winning is if our bench kills it from 3.

14 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

"I've been waiting on this moment ever since I became a Grizzly." - @MartinJarell on getting the start at PF Saturday against the Warriors.

seize the day homie

Is that your cat in your profile pic? That's the whitest, fluffiest feline I've ever seen. 

8 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Is that your cat in your profile pic? That's the whitest, fluffiest feline I've ever seen. 

Nah that's Russ smith and his cat hahaha