PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Fizz is going to have to run a 10 man rotation.

if he expect for the team to play this pace all season...in the Houston game we look great starting out and you could tell by halftime a lot of the guys where gased..there really isn't much time during the season to improve on conditioning..so he is going to have to run 10 guys out there evernight if the team is going to be successful in this new style.

conley/chalmers

mclemore/reke

ennis/brooks

jam/parsons

gasol/wright

I agree that will be the case.   Our defense was outstanding before the guys got fatigued.  It's funny how nobody is really focusing on the potential of our defense getting back to elite status.  

However, in your rotation potentially our two best perimeter defenders are not in it.   Seldon and Harrison. 

Conley/Chalmers

Selden/Harrison

Ennis/Reke

JaM/Parsons

Gasol/Wright

That's how the opening night rotation will be.....

Conley/Chalmers

McLemore/Reke

Ennis/Seldon

JaM/Parsons

Gasol/Wright

This could be it after Ben returns. ..

Here is the one time i agree with KBM in that maintaining an elite defense is our only way to a playoff berth. 

10 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I agree that will be the case.   Our defense was outstanding before the guys got fatigued.  It's funny how nobody is really focusing on the potential of our defense getting back to elite status.  

However, in your rotation potentially our two best perimeter defenders are not in it.   Seldon and Harrison. 

Conley/Chalmers

Selden/Harrison

Ennis/Reke

JaM/Parsons

Gasol/Wright

That's how the opening night rotation will be.....

Conley/Chalmers

McLemore/Reke

Ennis/Seldon

JaM/Parsons

Gasol/Wright

This could be it after Ben returns. ..

Here is the one time i agree with KBM in that maintaining an elite defense is our only way to a playoff berth. 

It is my opinion that in dede davis we have the next rudy gobert. It may take him a while to get there but he takes up space like no other. He doesnt even understand basketball right now and he gets 3 blocks a game. Make no mistake dede is a monster.

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

It is my opinion that in dede davis we have the next rudy gobert. It may take him a while to get there but he takes up space like no other. He doesnt even understand basketball right now and he gets 3 blocks a game. Make no mistake dede is a monster.

Rudy Gobert is 7'3". Deyonta Davis is 6'10". Davis is averaging 1.3 BPG not 3.0 BPG. Davis is blocking shots during pre-season games against subs who may not even make their team while also collecting a ton of fouls. Let's not get too carried away here. 

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Make no mistake dede is a monster.

I have one question?  Are you on Chris Wallace's payroll?  I think the most impressive thing shown about Dede so far is the praise that he has received from Gasol, who sees some potential in him.  On the court he's been meh.

3 minutes ago, Michael D said:

I have one question?  Are you on Chris Wallace's payroll?  I think the most impressive thing shown about Dede so far is the praise that he has received from Gasol, who sees some potential in him.  On the court he's been meh.

The kid doesnt know hardly anything about basketball and he still changes the game defensively when he comes in. I am just projecting out, logically what he might be.

3 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The kid doesnt know hardly anything about basketball and he still changes the game defensively when he comes in. I am just projecting out, logically what he might be.

What is logical about saying Davis is averaging 3 blocks a game when he is averaging 1.3 in the preseason? Where is the logic comparing a player who is 7'3" with a 8' wingspan with a 6'11" player who has a 7'2" wingspan?

If we want logical interpretations perhaps we should start with realistic statistics. 

10 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

What is logical about saying Davis is averaging 3 blocks a game when he is averaging 1.3 in the preseason? Where is the logic comparing a player who is 7'3" with a 8' wingspan with a 6'11" player who has a 7'2" wingspan?

If we want logical interpretations perhaps we should start with realistic statistics. 

Rudy gobert was a late round pick who turned out to be a defensive monster.

I was thinking about this earlier....

To start the season I would go with a three man rotation in the front and three in the back with Reke and Ennis splitting the 3. 

Mike/Harrison/Rio

Ennis/Reke

Marc/JaM/Wright

That gives you eight. Run Chandler as backup 4 for the first 12 games or so to see if he can get in real shape. If not suffer through till some move can be made. The most likely scenario is not trading Parsons but some other pieces o find serviceable talent. 

Once Ben is available then he starts at the 2....and you have 10.

5 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Rudy gobert was a late round pick who turned out to be a defensive monster.

So every big man drafted late is the next Rudy Gobert? 

40 minutes ago, Southern Dreadz said:

I was thinking about this earlier....

To start the season I would go with a three man rotation in the front and three in the back with Reke and Ennis splitting the 3. 

Mike/Harrison/Rio

Ennis/Reke

Marc/JaM/Wright

That gives you eight. Run Chandler as backup 4 for the first 12 games or so to see if he can get in real shape. If not suffer through till some move can be made. The most likely scenario is not trading Parsons but some other pieces o find serviceable talent. 

Once Ben is available then he starts at the 2....and you have 10.

Like this?

Mike/Rio

Harrison/Reke

Ennis/Reke

JaM/Wright/Parsons

Gasol/Wright

So you choose Harrison over Selden?

I'm thinking Ennis might actually get maybe 5 minutes as small ball 4 depending on how bad Chandler really is.

Mike and Rio actually would get time at the two so I really will just let Reke play the 3 even though I would use him like a point forward off the bench.  Just let him be a bowling ball for about 12 plays a game.

But yea, Harrison over Selden.

3 hours ago, lions said:

hubie browns days are back 10 man ratation

It worked till the divas started sulking.

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Rudy Gobert is 7'3". Deyonta Davis is 6'10". Davis is averaging 1.3 BPG not 3.0 BPG. Davis is blocking shots during pre-season games against subs who may not even make their team while also collecting a ton of fouls. Let's not get too carried away here. 

:P  KBM always takes it over the top!  The boards would be a lot more boring if he didn't post some of his nonsense though.

2 hours ago, Southern Dreadz said:

I'm thinking Ennis might actually get maybe 5 minutes as small ball 4 depending on how bad Chandler really is.

Mike and Rio actually would get time at the two so I really will just let Reke play the 3 even though I would use him like a point forward off the bench.  Just let him be a bowling ball for about 12 plays a game.

But yea, Harrison over Selden.

Seldon will be starting mid season

13 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Seldon will be starting mid season

Wow. So you are predicting an undrafted 2nd year play who played a total of 14 regular season games will beat out a 4 year veteran who was a lottery pick. 

The sad thing is I can't argue with that attitude. That would mean the Grizzlies would be starting two players who went undrafted, a second round pick, a former top 4 pick at the point and who? 

34 minutes ago, Back2Grizzness said:

Based on preseason, I don't think Reke or Parsons can get meaningful minutes if we are competing for a playoff spot

Parsons i agree.   Reke will be fine.   I don't understand why folks are killing him if they didn't kill Zbo last year.    They are playing the same role.   Zbo was the highest usage player on the team!  Barreling into triple teams was his bread and butter.   Reke was signed to get buckets and he will.  That's all that matters. 

39 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Parsons i agree.   Reke will be fine.   I don't understand why folks are killing him if they didn't kill Zbo last year.    They are playing the same role.   Zbo was the highest usage player on the team!  Barreling into triple teams was his bread and butter.   Reke was signed to get buckets and he will.  That's all that matters. 

Z-Bo was the team's leading rebounder last season and the 3rd highest scorer as well as the highest usage player. Do you believe that Reke being the lead bench scorer is the same? If you were so displeased with Z-Bo last season why are you so content with Zeke who does less? 

I do agree that Reke being judged solely on his pre-season production is rather silly since the vets know pre-season doesn't mean anything. However, I empathize with those who believe his play last season combined with his play in the pre-season is disturbing. 

44 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Z-Bo was the team's leading rebounder last season and the 3rd highest scorer as well as the highest usage player. Do you believe that Reke being the lead bench scorer is the same? If you were so displeased with Z-Bo last season why are you so content with Zeke who does less? 

I do agree that Reke being judged solely on his pre-season production is rather silly since the vets know pre-season doesn't mean anything. However, I empathize with those who believe his play last season combined with his play in the pre-season is disturbing. 

I believe Reke will be able to replace his scoring while also adding playmaking, versatility, drawing fouls, and better defense that is not less that is more.     Plus Rio will be able to add playmaking, scoring, and facilitating.  

Reke will be the zbo replacement and Rio the Vince replacement.   Both are upgrades in my mind due to the positions they will fill. 

23 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I believe Reke will be able to replace his scoring while also adding playmaking, versatility, drawing fouls, and better defense that is not less that is more.     Plus Rio will be able to add playmaking, scoring, and facilitating.  

Reke will be the zbo replacement and Rio the Vince replacement.   Both are upgrades in my mind due to the positions they will fill. 

I hope you are right. 

Overall, the Grizzlies will still probably be involved in a lot of close games based on what is on paper.  Because they don't shoot well enough to be explosive offensively.   To me, I have said all offseason that this is where the drop off will be.  Conley plays well down the stretch, but it's not like he is automatic or unstoppable. They have usually fought and bullied teams in a halfcourt game during the last 5 minutes to pull out close wins.  I mean who knows what will happen, but I honestly don't see how they will be as tough in these situations and I don't see these situations going away.