PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Fizz is going to have to run a 10 man rotation.

2 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

Not a very pretty starting five.. makes the bench seem nice though lol

The grizzlies strength is mike and marc, and the teams versatility to match up.

4 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

Switchable wings, spacing and defense. I like it.

Rio/Reke/Brooks/Parsons/Wright off the bench is an amazing unit IMO.

4 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

We have a deep team. I'm sure there will be a lot of combinations to start the season. Our 1-3 positions are solid for the first time EVER. Our big question mark now for the first time ever is the 4-5 position. 

2 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

Not sexy but maybe it will work out for us after all? 

3 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

In summer league he was 

4-6

2-5

2-6

3-8

0-5

0-3

11-33 which is 33%. But out of 6 games he shot above 36% 4 times. That's consistency. 

last two games he was playing hero ball. He also took some ill advised shots from outside a couple of times. 

I'm not saying he is a pure shooter. Just makes the defense more honest than it would with first team.

C'mon, man, don't you think you are giving summer league play too much weight?  There are a lot of players who seemed to play well in summer league.

On the other hand, to KBM I would ask, didn't Troy Daniels start off last season something like 0-10 from three?  He came back.

The real thing is that no one knows exactly what Selden is going to be able to do until we see more at the NBA level.  I am assuming he'll be on the team.  I wish him well.

29 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

C'mon, man, don't you think you are giving summer league play too much weight?  There are a lot of players who seemed to play well in summer league.

On the other hand, to KBM I would ask, didn't Troy Daniels start off last season something like 0-10 from three?  He came back.

The real thing is that no one knows exactly what Selden is going to be able to do until we see more at the NBA level.  I am assuming he'll be on the team.  I wish him well.

Yea he signed a two year contract.

6 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I'd also like to say before someone else does, I'm not saying that Selden is a star. I am saying that he will be one of the most productive wings we have ever had. Which isn't saying much because we've never really had any wings outside of a healthy Rudy. 

Mike Miller, Wesley Person, Eddie Jones, Bonzie Wells, James Posey, Shane Battier, 

Do you really believe Selden belongs above all of these players already? 

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Mike Miller, Wesley Person, Eddie Jones, Bonzie Wells, James Posey, Shane Battier, 

Do you really believe Selden belongs above all of these players already? 

When was the last time (pre aarp miller and battier) any of these players played for the team that has made 7 straight playoffs? 

Since 2008 besides a few good years from OJ there really hasn't been anybody. That's almost 9 years. 

I can't anyone above Posey though. All time favorite Grizzlies player. I do think he can average more points than Posey did. More than Battier too. Battier never really impressed me offensively. Good defender high BBIQ.

Miller in his prime here was good. The issue here is with all the wings we have we will have to see how Fizz decided to distribute minutes. 

If Selden averaged the amount of minutes that Miller and the others did I can see him putting up better ppg. 

I think Selden can be a 16-18ppg player.

13 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

I can't anyone above Posey though. All time favorite Grizzlies player. I do think he can average more points than Posey did. More than Battier too. Battier never really impressed me offensively. Good defender high BBIQ.

Miller in his prime here was good. The issue here is with all the wings we have we will have to see how Fizz decided to distribute minutes. 

If Selden averaged the amount of minutes that Miller and the others did I can see him putting up better ppg. 

I think Selden can be a 16-18ppg player.

I like Selden but that might be too ambitious. I will say that he has pedigree on his side. Meaning he was regarded as a talented player but got hurt.

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

I like Selden but that might be too ambitious. I will say that he has pedigree on his side. Meaning he was regarded as a talented player but got hurt.

What are your thoughts? I know he can put up more than 12-14ppg. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

What are your thoughts? I know he can put up more than 12-14ppg. 🤷‍♂️

It depends on him. Honestly he doesnt really have a great handle or a knock down shot. Im not seeing much more than a solid role player at the moment but over time he could evolve into one

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

It depends on him. Honestly he doesnt really have a great handle or a knock down shot. Im not seeing much more than a solid role player at the moment but over time he could evolve into one

We will see. He's young and got high potential. He's a slasher and I do think his 3s will

be around 33-36% this year. Right at average. 

What I like though is his ability to get to the free throw line. We haven't had that. 

Opening Night Starting Five according to Fiz

Mike

Drew

Ennis

JaMyke

Gasol

I assume the next 5 will be 

1. Wright
  2. Tyreke
  3. Rio
  4. Parsons
  5. Brooks

We probably won't see Seldon till Saturday. 

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Opening Night Starting Five according to Fiz

Mike

Drew

Ennis

JaMyke

Gasol

I assume the next 5 will be 

1. Wright
  2. Tyreke
  3. Rio
  4. Parsons
  5. Brooks

We probably won't see Seldon till Saturday. 

Dang, Wright as backup PG, and Rio on the wing? This I HAVE to see LOL

32 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

That's thinking out of the box there!  Hope he's been working on his handles.

38 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

LOL nah that's just the order i think they will come off the bench.   I think because of the quick pace Gasol will be the first player to the bench to get a breather.   Reke will be next so he can have some time playing alongside Conley.