Sign in to follow this  
notnilc20

Houston Rockets @ Memphis Grizzlies PRESEASON gm.4

10 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

You do realize Conley averaged 20ppg last season, right.   Do you know the last time Zbo did that?    Also Conley does play in the deepest conference and if he was in the East he would've been an AllStar by now too.   

I get it you are upset the team has moved on from Zbo and Tony.   But that doesn't mean it has to be the end of the world and now Conley can't do literally what he did just last season.    Conley is a consensus Top 30 player in the league that means by default he is an AllStar level talent.   Gasol is a multiple time AllStar and DPOY but if you want to believe all there talent was only being held up by Zbo and TA then more power to you. 

Again, until Conley can consistently bring it every nite, I'll hold off from saying he is on the level of a CP3, Irving, or Wall. He is a great player, works as hard as anyone. I'm glad he is with the Grizz. But I've been a NBA fan since the Showtime Lakers in the 80's. A talent like Conley is not elite, and this is his 10th year, so he is what he is.

Anyone that watches the 2017 version of Gasol knows that he is no longer the DPOY. He is a jump shooting Center who doesn't like playing on the low post. He'd be way more effective if he embraced the advantages his size gives him and developed a low post game, but he'd much rather play euro-ball and jump shoot on the perimeter. This is his 11th year, he is what he is.

Z-Bo and TA were not the most talented players on the team, and their style wasn't the prettiest thing to look at, but they were consistent and embraced the skills and gifts God gave them. They won more games than they lost. And for that, the city embraced them, the Grizz represented the city well, and they were competitive. This roster, as it stands right now, hopefully will be embraced by the city, but winning and competitiveness will go a long way in doing that. The talent just isn't there right now to be competitive.  

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I see us being stuck with Parsons till he retires or his contract becomes attractive as a cap move for another team.   I see us being stuck with Wallace until Pera is no longer owner.    No rose-colored glasses for me here. 

So how do you see this being worked out soon as you said before taking off your glasses? 

That's why i am now fine with being entertained by us being competitive.    keywords there are competitiveness and entertainment.

For how many years have you criticized me for having this exact same attitude? 

If the team is competitive and wins games then I am content as well. I am just worried the steps being taken are not going to produce the results desired. 

32 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

For how many years have you criticized me for having this exact same attitude? 

Now c'mon  you know i am going to criticize you regardless of your attitude.  :rolleyes: